IGNORED

Hollowhead attempts to stay relevant

Septic Peg

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

There was a Subs Bench interview which the article is based on.

Holloway might be 100% a gashead but his interview both interesting and amusing. He’s very proud to be Bristolian and kinda laughs at the rivalry between the two clubs.

Your opinion on this is irrelevant as you’re a gas sympathiser. 

One good thing about the Gas being in the same division was that even if you had an average season there was always two BIG games to look forward to,although it all depended on results-loosing 4-0 at Twerton  was sickening but each time be beat them, which we did most of the time, it was joyful, there are 18 year old's who have never experienced those emotions.

10 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Not just me ,?

I happy to say that there must be several posters who have me on ignore as I’m not getting anything like the amount of idiotic and  snide jibes that I used to get but you’re an exception Glen and why I gave you the same advice I gave to others.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

He’s a Bristolian.He’s never done me any harm and simply because he’s 100% a gashead some posters on here dish out the shit because they obviously think that what you do as City supporter........................:facepalm:

100% agree. Obviously you get some on both sides but I have looked at gas chat a fair bit and unlike @Undy English says, they  very rarely mention us and they certainly don’t have a whole thread dedicated to us like we have on OTIB.

18 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

100% agree. Obviously you get some on both sides but I have looked at gas chat a fair bit and unlike @Undy English says, they  very rarely mention us and they certainly don’t have a whole thread dedicated to us like we have on OTIB.

But it does throw up regular funny references. If you have no interest in reading the city posts about Rovers, carry on reading Rovers fans posts, as you have been.

Seriously, do you think that they wouldn't have a topic page dedicated to City with hundreds of pages, if we were giving out as many gifts as they were? The truth is probably that they don't have too much to take the piss out of with BCFC, so they make up what they can and spread their posts on several topics, which then looks less. They don't write as much about us, as it brings them out in a red rage, and they hate anything red.

I was with one the other day, 63 years old and he refers to Ashton Gate as the shitty ground, I asked him what he refers to the rugby ground as, so childish, just like the reference "the shit", straight from the junior school playground. 

33 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

The only threads I can see on theirs are in a "general sport" subforum and not the main one. I know our main subforum is just "football chat" but still. 

If people think Rovers are so irrelevant, who cares what they do at their ground / training facilities / performances etc and feel the need to post about it? 

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

I was with one the other day, 63 years old and he refers to Ashton Gate as the shitty ground, I asked him what he refers to the rugby ground as, so childish, just like the reference "the shit", straight from the junior school playground. 

City have fans just like him.

Tbh, I’ve never had a problem with gasheads. Loads of them used to drink in my local and they were a decent bunch of guys, but one particular had a fierce dislike of everything City related and I well remember after an evening match at AG. I was chatting with him in the pub and he asked if I’d been to watch the shit and I said yeah and that City had drawn the game and had played crap - he looked utterly shocked and said that he could never admit that the gas had played crap even if they had. He was so passionate about the the Gas that he couldn’t say anything negative about them.

All clubs have fans like it. Imagine what it must like in Birmingham.......

12 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

If D.C. left I am pretty sure that Holloway would distance himself from the job ( unless there was a massive injection of capital into the club ) .

We could then see really how much the Gas means to Mr H , as they say talk is cheap.

He’s already shown his true colours Major, earlier this season when da gas got thrashed by QPR reserves in the league cup, Holloway was asked in an interview who he wanted to win the game - he replied QPR - cue fury from the blue few....

To be honest, it’s now more like Forest & County than true local rivalry. The two Clubs are further apart than they have ever been in terms of infastructure, and support. They must be the only League club playing in a worse ground than they were 40 years ago. Holloway’s is living in the past, we don’t need them at all, we have Villa, Leeds, Boro, the Sheffield clubs, Stoke, Forest, WBA, regular visits from Newcastle... Why do we need a small club in a ground that is barely good enough for League One?

Sorry but the rivalry will never ever die. Even if they end up playing on the downs, I'd still despise them and want them to lose every game. It's in the blood.

And I'd suggest that others feel the same, given the popularity of the Bristol Rovers dustbin thread. They haven't been relevant to us for a generation yet that remains the busiest thread on the forum.

7 hours ago, Selred said:

Well that’s obvious otherwise you wouldn’t drive them to games.

Weird how you hate GJ, one of our greatest managers, but not Gasheads....

Fort I’ve never hated anyone. Disliked people for sure.

It was GJs style of drab football that did nothing for me. 

Results versus entertainment. 

To an extent I think he is right. No one on this forum could say hand on heart that they do not miss the buzz of derby day. The late 80’s and early 90’s were my first years of being gripped by football and city and the rivalry with rovers was probably at its closest back then.

it did seem at the time that both clubs were pushing each other on and ultimately both spent a couple of seasons in the second tier together.

back then I could name every single rovers player right now I honestly could only name a few.

while it is good fun to watch them currently I would love the feeling of attending a meaningful Bristol derby again,  sadly I don’t think this will happen for a very long time.

I don't think we "need" each other in the way Hollowhead suggests.  The rivalry used to be fun in the days when they were actually our rivals, but it’s been 18 years now since they have been any sort of threat to us.

I love Bristol and part of me thinks it would be great to be a city with two Premier League clubs.  Liverpool and Manchester not only have top class football but actual local rivals as well.

But I also hate the 15ers with a passion and so could never bring myself to wish for them to have any success.  I’d be happy with them going out of business (they find 1982 hilarious so **** ‘em) and Bristol Manor Farm or Mangotsfield taking their place as our local rivals.

13 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

They do have a lot of City threads, but on this forum we just have 1 thread dedicated to it.

13 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

For the record, they mention us a hell of a lot whenever I’ve looked on there. They may not have many threads about us but then we don’t provide them with the same amount of gifts that they give us. Believe me, when things are going wrong at AG, even temporarily, their entire forum is taken over by City talk. Let’s not pretend they’re any less ‘obsessed’ than us, they’re FAR worse...

image.thumb.png.7d18168ddf8db207f65bc212ef873fc2.png

37 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

For the record, they mention us a hell of a lot whenever I’ve looked on there. They may not have many threads about us but then we don’t provide them with the same amount of gifts that they give us. Believe me, when things are going wrong at AG, even temporarily, their entire forum is taken over by City talk. Let’s not pretend they’re any less ‘obsessed’ than us, they’re FAR worse...

image.thumb.png.7d18168ddf8db207f65bc212ef873fc2.png

Wow, that must be an old picture of their forum. Good work. 

Granted we have a topic because they give us a lot to laugh at but they mention us a hell of a lot less than we mention them.

51 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Granted we have a topic because they give us a lot to laugh at but they mention us a hell of a lot less than we mention them.

Tbf mate I like to screenshot things on there and FB that I know are going to come back and bite them on the ass, then wait. Constantly accusing us of being obsessed because we have one thread on them is one of those things. On the rare occasions we give them a ‘gift’ they go into overdrive, Cotts losing the plot and the 5-0 defeat to Preston were 2 examples. 

Imagine if we actually got relegated?

Like I said, from what I’ve seen we get a mention in most threads even if it’s nothing to do with us.

Lets not even start on Facebook...

42 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I may be the only person here to think this, but all this hate for Holloway is so childish.  Maybe it comes with age and maturity, but I never get hating someone because they've played for a rival football team.  I mean, really? 

Ian Holloway, as a person is a pretty decent bloke by all accounts. A loving father to his disabled children and a fellow Bristolian.   

Apart from playing for the Gas and once calling us Poo-Poo heads, can anyone else explain the hatred/dislike? Am I missing something? 

I find it somewhat weird and childish. 

Just my opinion. 

You’re definitely not alone Badge. You’re post is spot on.

Its a sad fact that some posters on here think that as a City fan you should hate everything related to the Gas. To me that’s simply  ridiculous and downright immature and pathetic......................:disapointed2se:

Thats why you won’t see any posts from me on the ridiculously overlong gas thread on here.

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Of course they mention us a lot less, there are a lot less of them!

Archived