IGNORED

Whip-round for Scummamore

sephjnr

The daughter of former Chesterfield stalwart Ernie Moss was on radio this morning

Her Dad is suffering badly from dementia believed to be related to heading of a ball 

A good lower league player who would have taken little money from the game

She is struggling to care for , and get additional care for her Dad

The PFA have said until it’s proved that it’s as a direct result of heading a ball there’s not much they can do to help but offered to pay for a bath rail

To date Moss hasn’t received a penny from or any actual help from the PFA

On a better note his daughter said the Fans of , and the actual club , Chesterfield FC have been brilliant 

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The daughter of former Chesterfield stalwart Ernie Moss was on radio this morning

Her Dad is suffering badly from dementia believed to be related to heading of a ball 

The PFA have said until it’s proved that it’s as a direct result of heading a ball there’s not much they can do to help but offered to pay for a bath rail

On a better note his daughter said the Fans of , and the actual club , Chesterfield FC have been brilliant 

This is very sad to hear. What are the PFA spending their £22m per year if not to help former players in such circumstances. 

If it needs to be proven that heading a ball has some part in this then surely the PFA should be helping to fund the court cases that are trying to get this into legislation. Not just wiping their arse of it until they HAVE to do something. 

This has really got me wondering. So Gordon takes £2.5m per annum. The organisation make £22m per annum. What EXACTLY do they do? Does anyone have any examples of what the PFA have done for its members in the last 2 years let’s say? I’m keen to find out their day to day involvement and what they are doing to represent their members. 

• Admin
On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:21, Davefevs said:

Current Tariffs

The following tarriffs are per season (July-June):

• Professional Players: £150
  • Scholars: £20
  • Joining Fee (once only fee when first joining the PFA): £20

That is laughable, where I work there are folk in a union and this is the rates they pay. 

Capture.JPG

Initially, I wasn't too bothered by it. The guy has made enough money as it is, and if he's got the balls to ask each Premier League club to throw a quarter of a million his way, then fair play.

Then I read about the England amputee football team, who spent much of their free time with collection bins in supermarkets trying to raise money to go to the European Championships, so they can play for their country

https://www.theguardian.com/what-makes-a-man/2018/sep/26/englands-other-world-cup-heroes-playing-amputee-football-changed-my-life.

I know the Premier League is nothing to do with the national side, but it makes me a bit sick to know that Scudamore can ask for £5m and get it, when our amputee team is forced to beg in order to represent their country in the same sport.

51 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is very sad to hear. What are the PFA spending their £22m per year if not to help former players in such circumstances. 

If it needs to be proven that heading a ball has some part in this then surely the PFA should be helping to fund the court cases that are trying to get this into legislation. Not just wiping their arse of it until they HAVE to do something. 

This has really got me wondering. So Gordon takes £2.5m per annum. The organisation make £22m per annum. What EXACTLY do they do? Does anyone have any examples of what the PFA have done for its members in the last 2 years let’s say? I’m keen to find out their day to day involvement and what they are doing to represent their members. 

Danny Murphy was saying he has had personal experience of lack of help from PFA and apparently hundreds of players have signed an open letter challenging Taylor’s position 

I didn’t realise that they also havnt helped Jeff Astles family and are actively hiding behind no proof of heading the ball causing dementia and don’t want anyone to prove it is

Nice lavish dinners at the Grosvenor though

Apparently Taylor has refused to allow an independent review of the PFA     :whistle2:

and trying to get rid of the guy calling for it as he was an uncontracted player at Walsall before injury ruined his career and Taylor is claiming he thus can’t be a PFA member

hmmmmmm

:whistle2:

Btw I didn’t realise Taylor had a gambling ‘problem’ himself 

7 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Initially, I wasn't too bothered by it. The guy has made enough money as it is, and if he's got the balls to ask each Premier League club to throw a quarter of a million his way, then fair play.

Then I read about the England amputee football team, who spent much of their free time with collection bins in supermarkets trying to raise money to go to the European Championships, so they can play for their country

https://www.theguardian.com/what-makes-a-man/2018/sep/26/englands-other-world-cup-heroes-playing-amputee-football-changed-my-life.

I know the Premier League is nothing to do with the national side, but it makes me a bit sick to know that Scudamore can ask for £5m and get it, when our amputee team is forced to beg in order to represent their country in the same sport.

In fairness to RS, I don;t think he asked for it.

I read something today on the BBC gossip page ( from the Telegraph) suggesting that the premier league have asked clubs to contribute, as the £5m will be payment for Scudamore agreeing to stay as a consultant to the premier league after his "retirement"

The reason for this, is to prevent Scudamore being able to take a similar job with another sports federation. The worry being that with his contacts and connection with Sky he might be able to negotiate a substantial TV deal with say La Liga or NFL, which would be to the detriment of future premier league deals. The premier league clubs have a huge financial vested interest in avoiding this.

If this is the case then the £5m is a golden handshake and handcuff deal.

On 17/11/2018 at 22:20, Harry said:

Thanks Dave. That’s very interesting. 

So the members (ie the footballers) contribute on average £11 per month each. Based on member subscriptions of £534k. 

Tv money takes the income up to £22.5m. 

He earned £3.4m last year. So basically his earnings are 15% of the whole associations income. That seems rather excessive. 

I don’t understand why the PFA receive TV money? A union should be funded by its members, shouldn’t it

As far as I'm aware it is in every other area of business and industry, but football has a track record in this respect as I still fail to understand how a club ends up paying a player's agents fee in a transfer deal!

Taylor's salary is obscene, but is it any more obscene than that of many of the players he "represents"?

Football wages - and football finances in general - seem to operate on a different basis, and on a different planet, than those that most of us know and understand.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'll say one thing about him- he maximised the value to an optimum level.

See Guardiola comments about PL marketing brilliance- Scudamore surely played his part, perhaps a key one, in  that sense.

Yes, and he’s been paid nicely for it too already.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ernie Moss played up front for Kettering when they knocked Rovers out of the cup in 1988, I think.

59 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tend to agree.

Would be refreshing (so it won't happen) if some of it or even all of it, the 5m went to grassroots or to subsidise away travel in some kinda central fund.

Better if it went straight to a worthy cause rather than if Scudamore decides to do something honourable, as it will then be net of tax.

Archived