IGNORED

Whip-round for Scummamore

sephjnr

He received an agreed salary for the work he performed. Who the hell gets a leaving bonus??!! And why. 

Man works for Premier League. Premier League pay man a salary. 

This would be like my clients paying me £5k each if I leave my current job, simply because I did my job, served them well and saved them money. 

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

Scummamore is a bit strong. If someone suggests a whip around for anyone then its not the whip roundees fault.

250k x 20 is a lot of money and as the top six clubs have made bucket loads more than the likes of Bournemouth a bit rich (pun intended)

Expect Scudamore to end up on our board in some Non-Exec position....You heard it here first 

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Scummamore is a bit strong. If someone suggests a whip around for anyone then its not the whip roundees fault.

250k x 20 is a lot of money and as the top six clubs have made bucket loads more than the likes of Bournemouth a bit rich (pun intended)

Expect Scudamore to end up on our board in some Non-Exec position....You heard it here first 

..and last

I have to say that today’s real news is the announcement of Scudamore’s successor. Has a single appointment ever showed the Premier League up for what it is more than this ? I.e a Money making scheme so far removed from the true sport that it initially represented ! 

The new boss I has NO EXPERIENCE whatsoever ever managing at  the higher levels of any sporting body as I understand it. She has been recruited having been the boss of a TV CHANNEL !  Animal flaming planet 

Give me strength !!!!!!

29 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Tough at the top.

£250k is small change from the £5b plus he’s helped negotiate for the premier league though. 

No denying he did his job well and his clients benefitted. But why should they pay him a leaving bonus? 

49 minutes ago, redsapper said:

He is a good guy. 

A massive City fan. Where ever he is always want to know the City score. When speaking to him always wants to know your view on matches and how the club are playing. 

Hi Richard. 

?

55 minutes ago, Harry said:

No denying he did his job well and his clients benefitted. But why should they pay him a leaving bonus? 

Do they have to or is it motivated from the clubs as a ‘thank you’? My understanding is it was being led by a Chelsea exec as a thank you bonus.

The leaving ‘watch’ for years of good service!

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Do they have to or is it motivated from the clubs as a ‘thank you’? My understanding is it was being led by a Chelsea exec as a thank you bonus.

They could visit the club shop and buy Scudo some City tat, er, City kit, a hoodie, etc

11 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

That’s exactly what I mean. It’s the clubs. His clients. Not his employer. 

His employer can give him a gold watch by all means. But why should his clients give him a leaving bonus? It baffles me. 

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Harry said:

That’s exactly what I mean. It’s the clubs. His clients. Not his employer. 

His employer can give him a gold watch by all means. But why should his clients give him a leaving bonus? It baffles me. 

R5 were discussing this and said the PL have no funds, it all gets distributed to the PL clubs, so if the PL wants to give Scudamore a parting gift, the clubs have to fund it.  From a purely business POV, he has brought an amazing income into the PL, the morality and fairness of that is another matter.  

Archived