IGNORED

Whip-round for Scummamore

sephjnr

3 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Already on a reported £2.5m a year - words fail me.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

He received an agreed salary for the work he performed. Who the hell gets a leaving bonus??!! And why. 

Man works for Premier League. Premier League pay man a salary. 

This would be like my clients paying me £5k each if I leave my current job, simply because I did my job, served them well and saved them money. 

I think I'm right in saying that he received a very hefty bonus ( in the millions) for each new tV deal he secured for the prem, so does seem a bit over the top to now give his pension find a nice boost.

Think there must be a lot of biblical scholars running football these days, as they put into practice what is preached in Mark 4:25  " For whoever has, to him more shall be given and whoever does not have , even what he has shall be taken away from him".

With his experience and connections in the game, and that he is an avid City fan, would he not be a great addition to the club in position where he can contribute ( i.e. not just as a supporter) on the board or  as a consultant?  

A obscene bonus for the man that robbed the man of his game. City fan or not **** him.

5m is higher than at least 70% of football league clubs record signing, there are clubs going to the wall but as long as clubs in the prem owned by foreigners keep making money that's all that matters.

Really falling out of love with this game. 

10 hours ago, downendcity said:

I think I'm right in saying that he received a very hefty bonus ( in the millions) for each new tV deal he secured for the prem, so does seem a bit over the top to now give his pension find a nice boost.

Think there must be a lot of biblical scholars running football these days, as they put into practice what is preached in Mark 4:25  " For whoever has, to him more shall be given and whoever does not have , even what he has shall be taken away from him".

With his experience and connections in the game, and that he is an avid City fan, would he not be a great addition to the club in position where he can contribute ( i.e. not just as a supporter) on the board or  as a consultant?  

Correct Downend

He did

Something like 9 million last time around according to a discussion on it on radio last night

13 hours ago, Harry said:

That’s exactly what I mean. It’s the clubs. His clients. Not his employer. 

His employer can give him a gold watch by all means. But why should his clients give him a leaving bonus? It baffles me. 

It’s a unique relationship. More than just clients.

I imagine if you’ve had a good close business relationship with someone for that many years, it’s a way of saying ‘thank you’ - as I say it’s small change to them.

Keeps the relationship good in future dealings and more importantly keeps his successor motivated.

For a bit of perspective - the Tesco director got paid £5m last year with salary and bonus. There are more moral issues there for me.

13 hours ago, Harry said:

That’s exactly what I mean. It’s the clubs. His clients. Not his employer. 

His employer can give him a gold watch by all means. But why should his clients give him a leaving bonus? It baffles me. 

Too right 

What's wrong with a fiver and sign the card, like everyone else?

15 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Tough at the top.

£250k is small change from the £5b plus he’s helped negotiate for the premier league though. 

To be honest, a monkey could have negotiated those large sums from Sky, given that their subscription model is based on having access to lots of football content.

Scudamore's years as PL chief haven't particularly been beneficial to English football in general, including the club he supports.

12 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

A obscene bonus for the man that robbed the man of his game. City fan or not **** him.

5m is higher than at least 70% of football league clubs record signing, there are clubs going to the wall but as long as clubs in the prem owned by foreigners keep making money that's all that matters.

We ain't premier league though Wolf man,  and its Sky that did the robbing because all they had to do was tell the Prem to **** off although I can see it ending in tears for them.

He did a great job for them to be fair but he's not the reason AG is a cross between a library and a NFL game at over 30 quid a pop in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

To be honest, a monkey could have negotiated those large sums from Sky, given that their subscription model is based on having access to lots of football content.

Scudamore's years as PL chief haven't particularly been beneficial to English football in general, including the club he supports.

Agreed - but that wasn’t what I was saying!

Just why the clubs, who he has ‘helped’ get mega rich might want to chuck the equivalent of £25 in a hat for a retirement whip round!

18 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Agree with this in some respects.  But you need to look further back to:

Irving Scholar (Spurs chairman) who (mis-)used the concept of the holding company to move huge dividends from the profitable holding company to him, whilst the clubs showed a loss.

David Dein (Arsenal chairman) who got the change voted in that allowed unlimited dividends to be paid to Directors.  Previously only 5% of the football club profits could be paid out as dividends to the directors, meaning investment stayed in the club.

Both of these men in effect opened up the floodgates to foreign investment and the subsequent tv deals that brought huge investment to the top flight breakaway league and lined the pockets of the investor, pricing the local businessman out of his local club.  Lining the pockets of those investors also saw the money earned by the game, going out of the game.

Let Bruce Buck give £250k of his own money to Scudamore if he feels that strongly.

Scudamore has come out tonight saying he was unaware and now embarrassed.  His next action will be telling.  Would be great if he came out again and said “stupid idea” or “give it to deserving causes” etc

Trying to work out why Scudamore who excelled in negotiating commercial deals would be an obvious and ideal replacement for Ashton in the current set up

Id like to see somebody with far more experience in the actual football side in place of or , ideally , alongside Ashton and let him deal with administration, finance , negotiation etc

Archived