IGNORED

Whip-round for Scummamore

sephjnr

55 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Trying to work out why Scudamore who excelled in negotiating commercial deals would be an obvious and ideal replacement for Ashton in the current set up

Id like to see somebody with far more experience in the actual football side in place of or , ideally , alongside Ashton and let him deal with administration, finance , negotiation etc

That’s where I am with it Bob. 

For all that Scudamore did a good job in negotiating hefty tv deals and keeping 20 chairmen happy, he’s essentially a businessman so I do question what his actual football knowledge is. What qualifies him for doing a ‘football’ job at BCFC? What are his skills? What can he provide to a mid-table champ club fighting against the contraints of FFP and the financial imbalance of parachute payments, based on his 20 years sitting atop a structure awash with cash? 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

That’s where I am with it Bob. 

For all that Scudamore did a good job in negotiating hefty tv deals and keeping 20 chairmen happy, he’s essentially a businessman so I do question what his actual football knowledge is. What qualifies him for doing a ‘football’ job at BCFC? What are his skills? What can he provide to a mid-table champ club fighting against the contraints of FFP and the financial imbalance of parachute payments, based on his 20 years sitting atop a structure awash with cash? 

Scudamore will have numerous contacts throughout the game. He’ll have a deep knowledge of the FFP regulations and  know how to negotiate them. His knowledge of the football industry will be vast, having worked at the highest level within the game.

Even if his football knowledge is limited ( unlikely) his other talents and skills outweigh that.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

20181115_161905.jpg

What a complete load of bollocks.  What this looks like is a complete cover up of the Bruce Buck £250k a club idea, tarted up to look like a proper leaving gift.

He should be ashamed of himself.  And before anyone says ‘what would you have done in the circumstances’, I’ll tell you.  I would refuse to accept it.  I have my principles, and this would be against them.

I know this guy is a City fan, but this proves he us not a football fan with the game at heart.

He has let himself down badly imho.  Very disappointing.

@Robbored Briefly on your FFP point, PL, EFL and UEFA FFP all encompass different aspects- PL FFP regs seem to be tokenistic only, but maybe that will change.

Wouldn't be suited here in my view, certainly not while we are a midrange Championship club with all the constraints we have at this time.

£5m...should go to grassroots or subsidising away travel IMO. Not like he needs the cash.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Robbored Briefly on your FFP point, PL, EFL and UEFA FFP all encompass different aspects- PL FFP regs seem to be tokenistic only, but maybe that will change.

Wouldn't be suited here in my view, certainly not while we are a midrange Championship club with all the constraints we have at this time.

£5m...should go to grassroots or subsidising away travel IMO. Not like he needs the cash.

I will boo him the next time I see him at AG.  So disappointed in his decision.

OUT OF TOUCH.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Yes cause i'm sure we would all turn it down if offered to us.

Some of us have morals and principles.  

I can quite categorically state that if I’d earned £11m from a tv deal from my employers and heard a bunch of clubs were thinking of giving me £5m as a thank you for leaving, I would tell them to not do it, or give it straight to charity....with none of it coming my way for me to decide.

Thats me.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Some of us have morals and principles.  

I can quite categorically state that if I’d earned £11m from a tv deal from my employers and heard a bunch of clubs were thinking of giving me £5m as a thank you for leaving, I would tell them to not do it, or give it straight to charity....with none of it coming my way for me to decide.

Thats me.

he has made those clubs plenty of money I don't blame him for taking it.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Hardly a surprise that the PFA pariah Gordon Taylor has made no comment.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/nov/17/gordon-taylor-football-fattest-cat-pfa?__twitter_impression=true

We main about agents taking money out of the game, plenty if others are too! ?

I don’t know too much about how the PFA are funded, and thus how Gordon Taylor is remunerated. 

Are the PFA’s earnings derived from contributions by its members, ie footballers? Or do they derive their income from elsewhere - ie the FA, taxpayer, fans etc? 

If the former, then it should be at its members’ discretion as to the chairman’s earnings. If the latter then his earnings are indeed, obscene, and it should be reverted to the former. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I don’t know too much about how the PFA are funded, and thus how Gordon Taylor is remunerated. 

Are the PFA’s earnings derived from contributions by its members, ie footballers? Or do they derive their income from elsewhere - ie the FA, taxpayer, fans etc? 

If the former, then it should be at its members’ discretion as to the chairman’s earnings. If the latter then his earnings are indeed, obscene, and it should be reverted to the former. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/28/gordon-taylor-pfa-chief-executive-premier-league-pay-rise

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks Dave. That’s very interesting. 

So the members (ie the footballers) contribute on average £11 per month each. Based on member subscriptions of £534k. 

Tv money takes the income up to £22.5m. 

He earned £3.4m last year. So basically his earnings are 15% of the whole associations income. That seems rather excessive. 

I don’t understand why the PFA receive TV money? A union should be funded by its members, shouldn’t it? 

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Thanks Dave. That’s very interesting. 

So the members (ie the footballers) contribute on average £11 per month each. Based on member subscriptions of £534k. 

Tv money takes the income up to £22.5m. 

He earned £3.4m last year. So basically his earnings are 15% of the whole associations income. That seems rather excessive. 

I don’t understand why the PFA receive TV money? A union should be funded by its members, shouldn’t it? 

Or Taylor was gonna get the players to strike.

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Do you know how much these mega rich footballers pay each year in subscription mate ?

Anyone want to have a punt ?

Current Tariffs

The following tarriffs are per season (July-June):

• Professional Players: £150
  • Scholars: £20
  • Joining Fee (once only fee when first joining the PFA): £20

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Current Tariffs

The following tarriffs are per season (July-June):

• Professional Players: £150
  • Scholars: £20
  • Joining Fee (once only fee when first joining the PFA): £20

Ta - See my amended post above Dave

:laughcont:

Where I ask Harry what the players contribute

and quote his post where .....he explains what the players contribute.....

:comando:

Sunday morning aghhhhhhhhhhhh

Archived