IGNORED

Lose to Ipswich

Langford Red

16th after tonight’s games with only a 5 point advantage over the bottom teams with 17 points.

If LJ gets Ipswich wrong we ARE in relegation territory - that’l mess things up with confidence so low.

But and it’s a big but will SL react? We don’t exactly have a realistic option for a caretaker manager other than Davefevs

On 25/11/2018 at 04:31, KevP said:

Seen it all before.........some fans wanting us to lose to hopefully end a Managers reign, some desperate for the win to arrest a hideous losing streak. Guess what. None of you will get what you want... it's got DRAW written all over it.

Leeds had draw written all over it. Neither side can score for toffee. 

And we managed to lose 2-0.

10 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Lose tomorrow and I think it will be "game over" for LJ

We could lose 6-0 and I don’t think he’ll be gone.

will be a1-0 or 2-0 defeat. He’ll come out and say we didn’t get what we deserved, but we’ll take heart from the battling performance, and go again against millwall. He’ll then add the players need to keep believing in the system.

we’ll then put in another boring performance against millwall and draw 0-0 or lose 1-0 and we’ll hear all the same stuff all over again and he’ll still be here

thankfully I’m not here to watch it currently 

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Keep on hearing this, but they have one of the best defensive structures in the division- at home, if not the best so I wasn't expecting huge things. 5 in 8 games before we came is fairly solid defensively. There are 2 teams on the pitch and those with a good defensive structure- brought about through the pressing, won't concede many at home.

@Moments of Pleasure Within financial parameters? Unless maybe SL was pissed off at the back end of last season and is maybe setting LJ up to fail. Or he doesn't understand what is required- midtable would be a more realistic target for this season- midtable and bedding in some of the better signings over a season.

SL must understand by now. Think he's setting the bar high, and looking for people to over - achieve, rather than merely deliver what might be expected. How else will we overcome the odds stacked against us in this division? 

Preston finished 7th last season, with modest resources and a modest to good squad (losing top talent during the season, too). SL must surely think: they can do it, it can be done - Lee, find a way to do the same.

A "big ask," Yes,  but as I say, how else will we go up without thinking big and asking big?

12 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

SL must understand by now. Think he's setting the bar high, and looking for people to over - achieve, rather than merely deliver what might be expected. How else will we overcome the odds stacked against us in this division? 

Preston finished 7th last season, with modest resources and a modest to good squad (losing top talent during the season, too). SL must surely think: they can do it, it can be done - Lee, find a way to do the same.

A "big ask," Yes,  but as I say, how else will we go up without thinking big and asking big?

They have a manager who can manage players and will not put up with any half arsed efforts from anyone, he also has built a great team spirit and this keeps the fans onside. We have LJ who makes random team selections has his favs which he will play however they perform, he cannot get any team spirit together and has no leader on the pitch; he likes cuddling players instead of kicking their butts and cannot manage anyone with exp; put him in charge of the development boys and bring in a first team manager before its too late.

Steve however I believe will give him at least the next transfer window before he considers anything, whatever happens between now and then and even then if he does act it will only be to put J.Mc and Holden in charge to see out the season; when after much thought another LJ clone will be brought in.

Same old same same old I`m afraid....pride, passion, belief  and life is long gone. ?

The man management thing though, people say a tough manager is needed and I can see that- it's shown historically through the game.

Yet, there are plenty of tough managers in recent times who have not got the desired effect- do modern players have a different take on it? Mourinho at United is not getting the desired effect so far, despite calling out players publicly- and he's done this a few times this season. Neutral effect at best, perhaps makes it worse.

Lower profile, but same principle:

• Moyes- Sunderland and Real Sociedad especially (Man Utd job just wrong time, too big mainly).
  • Roy Keane- Sunderland and Ipswich, his approach probably worked for a while then declined.
  • Martin O'Neill- Ireland and arguably post Villa tbh.
  • Bruce- See Villa's results under him this season.
  • Rowett was quite tough publicly early on, has got Stoke to midtable but not much else to date.

Then again, I imagine Wilder for example is no pushover while Warnock and McCarthy did well last season- is a hard one but does the tough approach work so well with this generation of players? I'd suggest not so much. Take our players given where we're located.

You have money, you have a nice wife/girlfriend, you live in a fairly nice part of the world a good life basically- what does it matter if you put in 5 or 6/10 or you go out and possibly drink during the international break as some did, your contract is fairly lucrative and if you don't want to leave you don't have to because of contract- you can be released sure but a good chunk of contract paid up?

If we lose to Ipswich then I genuinely think SL needs to start looking for a replacement, LJ can't be untouchable and if he loses to a bottom of the league club who have only one a single match in 18 then who are we actually going to beat from that point on? That would be the big nail in the coffin for our confidence.
I don't even think a draw is acceptable at this point but this is Bristol City...

13 hours ago, dave36 said:

16th after tonight’s games with only a 5 point advantage over the bottom teams with 17 points.

If LJ gets Ipswich wrong we ARE in relegation territory - that’l mess things up with confidence so low.

But and it’s a big but will SL react? We don’t exactly have a realistic option for a caretaker manager other than Davefevs

He gets my vote :robbored:

City are far from a good team, but it still must be unlikely we can contrive to lose against a terrible Ipswich team who have won only once all season.

This is a game City really should win - it couldn't be a more opportune match for LJ at this time.

It's even away from home where LJ seems to prefer playing at the moment.

1-1, but If we turn up to any extent, then 2-1 City.

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A ground out win and a lift going into Sunday ........

Six points would make a hell of a difference and at least give us more npbreathing time

COYR

On that gap, it maybe would seem I am tempting fate or complacent which I don't want to be but there seem to be a decent number of poor sides at this level- got a strong feeling we won't go down, even if it is thanks in no small part to the failings of others. Whether that 

Mix of financial issues, naturally small clubs and just generally poor sides means I'm fairly confident there will be 3 worse sides than us. Like you, I think 6 points would lift the mood quite a bit, feeling we'll get 4 though but given the home record of Ipswich- indeed the general record of Ipswich- and the away record of Millwall (I knew the latter hadn't won away yet, didn't realise quite how few points they had) we won't get many better chances this season to get back to back wins.

Archived