The trouble is, I still think SL will keep his MATE if we lose

The football is awful

And I know his choises of the team are poor

And if he makes a substitution, it WILL BE A POOR selection choice

SL do the right thing

You kept him last time, but it has still not turn't out to be the right thing

He is a coach, NOT A MANAGER

The players have lost their way

He uses two stickers, which say themselves, they are not prolific scores, more assisters. 

1 hour ago, Bicester Red said:

It has now come to the point

Where I hope we lose to Ipswich

The football is awful

SL do the right thing

He uses two stickers, which say themselves, they are not prolific scores, more assisters. 

And then Millwall??....

Two defeats from the next two could be very telling indeed....

The football is awful

SL do the right thing

I want him gone on Monday morning for the wellbeing if this club

What does this even mean though?  "Last time" we were absolutely doomed for relegation apparently and there was no way that the completely out of his depth Lee Johnson would keep us up.  We stayed up and had our best overall season in 10 years after.

We're struggling right now of course, and the pressure is certainly on big time for the next two games.

2 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

The football is awful

SL do the right thing

If we win, will you show your face on here afterwards?

Because you don't usually.

Seen it all before.........some fans wanting us to lose to hopefully end a Managers reign, some desperate for the win to arrest a hideous losing streak. Guess what. None of you will get what you want... it's got DRAW written all over it.

Don’t get this 

‘if he loses the next two’

’If we lose at Ipswich’

Surely SL should be judging the overall situation,  and not be greatly influenced by one , or a pair of results win , lose or draw, 3 years in 

2 wins wouldn’t mean he’s a good manager

Anymore than 

2 losses wouldn’t prove alone that he isn’t 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t get this 

’If we lose at Ipswich’

Surely SL should be judging the overall situation,  and not be greatly influenced by one , or a pair of results win , lose or draw, 3 years in 

Anymore than 

Agreed, and, to be fair to SL, I'm not sure that he would.

37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t get this 

’If we lose at Ipswich’

Anymore than 

Exactly. We are crap and have been all year two more defeats would be just underlining that fact

if we win. It shows there is one team worse than us at the moment. Having watched Ipswich on Friday they are not as bad as their position suggests. They have mistakes in them and can’t score. It’s a matter of do they have more mistakes in them than us and will they find  more fluke goals than us!

Surely now the “LJ out” brigade can just chill out, sit back and wait for us to lose the next 2 games. It’s a formality after all, isn’t it..?!

The only thing that could go wrong for them is that we pick up form again and start doing better. 

Sadly, that will not please some of these people and they will just be waiting for the next defeat to start whinging like spoilt brats again. 

Truth is, the best possible outcome is that our current manager sorts things out. Simple. 

If he’s not capable of doing so, and a change is made, then what..? 

It would likely be the continuity of JMc who takes over. If it were to be an outside appointment, then I can only really think of David Moyes who available that I’d really want at the moment. I’m not sure we’d be on the former Manchester United managers radar of jobs wanted tbh. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t get this 

’If we lose at Ipswich’

Anymore than 

It’s called breaking point! 2 loses in the next 2 games alone doesn’t prove he isn’t a good manager, the shower of shit served up for a number of season proves that.

However, if there are two defeats against against teams fighting relegation would surely be the end of the line for LJ. I would go as far as to say anything other than 6 points from the next couple of games and he should go!

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t get this 

’If we lose at Ipswich’

Anymore than 

but if we lose the next two it would then be 6 losses, surely that would prove something, and it is that maybe given it's not the first time maybe just maybe he isn't all that much cop.

Our team may be in League One by May, it's a reality we have to face now.     Of course our predicament is more severe than your own, I've never known Town to be outside the top two divisions and that covers a lot of years.    Odd thing is some of our fanbase don't seem to accept the situation.     (They) Just imagine Lambert will be a solution to a problem and all wrongs will right themselves.   Some people could be waking up too late if the situation doesn't radically improve in the time ahead.

If you saw our game Friday night you'll know we were poor first half and improved after the break.   Every point is critical in our situation and the team could have taken a point late on even if it had been somewhat undeserved.     Unfortunately it's one win in 19 League games or thereabouts but in defence we do try on occasion and possess some good players.      If we go down it could take several years to make it back to Championship status.

Obviously would hope to catch you on an off day.   It's up for grabs and whoever wants it more when the time arises.    Don't be fooled by the poor start and league position, all that's requires is a few wins and consistency to move away from the trouble spots.     It took long enough to rid McCarthy and Hurst was surprisingly off despite the poor start.     I can't dictate what the directors of your own club choose to do but bear in mind there will always be a breaking point when actions are forced and names move on.    

23 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Our team may be in League One by May, it's a reality we have to face now.     Of course our predicament is more severe than your own, I've never known Town to be outside the top two divisions and that covers a lot of years.    Odd thing is some of our fanbase don't seem to accept the situation.     (They) Just imagine Lambert will be a solution to a problem and all wrongs will right themselves.   Some people could be waking up too late if the situation doesn't radically improve in the time ahead.

If you saw our game Friday night you'll know we were poor first half and improved after the break.   Every point is critical in our situation and the team could have taken a point late on even if it had been somewhat undeserved.     Unfortunately it's one win in 19 League games or thereabouts but in defence we do try on occasion and possess some good players.      If we go down it could take several years to make it back to Championship status.

Obviously would hope to catch you on an off day.   It's up for grabs and whoever wants it more when the time arises.    Don't be fooled by the poor start and league position, all that's requires is a few wins and consistency to move away from the trouble spots.     It took long enough to rid McCarthy and Hurst was surprisingly off despite the poor start.     I can't dictate what the directors of your own club choose to do but bear in mind there will always be a breaking point when actions are forced and names move on.    

Breaking Point....In our case 8 defeats in a row and an appalling 2018 have not been enough...Hi Ho...If we beat you then you really are in trouble, because we are as awful as most tell you.

Some here have this fixation on Johnson in/out brigades as above. But most are sane and not trying to make daft arguments over an individual one way or another. Results have been poor and performances awful of late. One or two are clutching at the straw we were better against Leeds than we have been, but the reality is we rose from totally inept to sub mediocre.

Should be a classic on Wednesday!

6 hours ago, pillred said:

but if we lose the next two it would then be 6 losses, surely that would prove something, and it is that maybe given it's not the first time maybe just maybe he isn't all that much cop.

To be followed by brum away Norwich home and derby away those games will be difficult to say the least

Archived