IGNORED

Lose to Ipswich

Langford Red

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Surely now the “LJ out” brigade can just chill out, sit back and wait for us to lose the next 2 games. It’s a formality after all, isn’t it..?!

The only thing that could go wrong for them is that we pick up form again and start doing better. 

Sadly, that will not please some of these people and they will just be waiting for the next defeat to start whinging like spoilt brats again. 

Truth is, the best possible outcome is that our current manager sorts things out. Simple. 

If he’s not capable of doing so, and a change is made, then what..? 

It would likely be the continuity of JMc who takes over. If it were to be an outside appointment, then I can only really think of David Moyes who available that I’d really want at the moment. I’m not sure we’d be on the former Manchester United managers radar of jobs wanted tbh. 

I whole heartedly agree with this.

However based on his 2 and half years in charge and starting to doubt that he has much control over the situation, for better it worse.

That in itself is so concerning and leaving us to chance.

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Surely now the “LJ out” brigade can just chill out, sit back and wait for us to lose the next 2 games. It’s a formality after all, isn’t it..?!

The only thing that could go wrong for them is that we pick up form again and start doing better. 

Sadly, that will not please some of these people and they will just be waiting for the next defeat to start whinging like spoilt brats again. 

Truth is, the best possible outcome is that our current manager sorts things out. Simple. 

If he’s not capable of doing so, and a change is made, then what..? 

It would likely be the continuity of JMc who takes over. If it were to be an outside appointment, then I can only really think of David Moyes who available that I’d really want at the moment. I’m not sure we’d be on the former Manchester United managers radar of jobs wanted tbh. 

Don't think its a brigade no more its a whole army who happen to think we would be better without LJ than with him, extending that time to the next couple of games or till the next window is merely extending the division and confusion on and off the pitch.

SL wont be having sleepless nights yet though maybe when the ST sales come out he might jolt awake but will continue with his man and plan....because he can.

There is no point in hoping to lose, as others have said , it won't make the slightest difference to SL's thinking. 
I don't think for one minute that Lansdown is happy with what has been served up recently, but he's not one for knee jerk reactions so we are stuck with what we have.
I would guess that with if we could get 2 wins from Ipswich and Millwall, he will make it through to January, then he will be backed in the transfer market to some extent. That would also make it less likely for a change any time soon.
If we were to mess up the next 2 games I really could see something happening as the run through December is looking tough. Trips to Brum & Derby, Norwich and Brentford at home we could be going into the Rotherham game deep in it.

Other side of the coin; https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/447241/come-on.-be-honest/#4

A certain serenity is coming over me about relegation, simply because we look so off the pace of everyone else and I sadly feel like the team does not know how to win games anymore. Failure to beat Bristol City next week will confirm this, I feel. 
We need to pull off form that we have looked totally incapable of getting even halfway close to so far.

37 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Ipswich have had 22 shots in there last two games and it's going to be a bloody tough game.They are targeting this as a match they should win because we are struggling as well.

You can’t blame them for looking at Wednesday as a winnable game. If we were in their position we would be too

13 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Breaking Point....In our case 8 defeats in a row and an appalling 2018 have not been enough...Hi Ho...If we beat you then you really are in trouble, because we are as awful as most tell you.

Some here have this fixation on Johnson in/out brigades as above. But most are sane and not trying to make daft arguments over an individual one way or another. Results have been poor and performances awful of late. One or two are clutching at the straw we were better against Leeds than we have been, but the reality is we rose from totally inept to sub mediocre.

Should be a classic on Wednesday!

The reality is excuses after excuses .

Leeds, dispute their lofty position in the division were there for the taking and we didn't even come away with a goal scored or a point.

The reality is four losses on the bounce and a misfiring group of individuals, can't call them a team. 

The bottom line is that we need to start picking up points soon or we will go down .

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Leeds, dispute their lofty position in the division were there for the taking and we didn't even come away with a goal scored or a point.

The reality is four losses on the bounce and a misfiring group of individuals, can't call them a team. 

The bottom line is that we need to start picking up points soon or we will go down .

Did we come away with a shot on target even?

I hope we thrash Ipswich (we desperately need the points,) but that SL finally realises we're going nowhere under WeeLee and acts quickly to cut his and our losses.

Importantly, time is of the essence. We need to give somebody two or three weeks to decide whether or not he can actually do anything with WeeLee's legacy and to decide the 3 or 4 key roles that need filling (not that most of us couldn't do so by midnight.)

14 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Did we come away with a shot on target even?

1 apparently. And that's with an 18 year old rookie keeper in goal. When Max made his league debut I recall he was put under pressure by Brentford who  clearly tested him.  But 1 poxy shot on target that was actually an easy save for the Leeds keeper is quite frankly pathetic. Not just blaming the strikers for this btw.......I would have told our boys to shoot on target. Just like the fans do at AG but alas.....it has to be tappy lappy sideways or backwards.....Followed City for 45 years now but this stuff we're being served up isn't even average ATM.

34 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Unfortunately even with the wretched form Ipswich are on I can only see a home win, they will get a home win at some stage and we are probably the perfect opposition to oblige at the moment.

they will certainly be up for the fight for the points and will need them more than us; this game and Millwall are ideal for us to put some points up......then again I thought that v Reading and Preston.

We seem to be in chaos at the mo with no leadership and LJ seemingly away with the faires saying "we were back to our best v Leeds" I am fully expecting the "we were tired from the long trips" excuse coming on Weds

14 hours ago, shelts said:

A draw Wednesday and a home win Sunday and everyone will be happy . Looking at the season so far it’s bang average and City are where we should be . The football has been terrible and little has been entertaining, that’s where my main gripe is 

I don't think billionaire Steve Lansdown has ploughed tens of millions into Bristol City to have us "where we should be." To have us 14th in the second tier of English football, losing 4 on the bounce,  playing with a lack of inspiration, eyeing the bottom three nervously and season ticket holders already skipping games. That has been Bristol City for most of our history (when we have not been toiling away in League One).

Billionaires don't think: "I can do about the same as the blokes owning the club before me." The mere millionaires that went before them in the boardroom.

They are not about maintaining the status quo, they are about showing that their clout and acumen can do better. A lot better. And better means the PL. Which I reckon will be why, despite knowing we would be selling our best players, SL said in May that he was looking for us to get into the top six this season.

On another thread, one chap is asking us to be "realistic," we've sold three players, but being realistic = Bristol City being what we have always been, what we are now. And never reaching the PL.

What Steve Lansdown is asking of his head coach, or his h/c and Chief Exec is not "realistic" - sell Flint, Reid and Bryan, not spend all of the fees and be in the top six, vie-ing for promotion at the end of this season. But if he never asks for more than what can realistically be expected, given our finances and player wages etc, then we are never going to achieve anything exciting, or momentous (for us). We are going to go on being what we have always been, what we are now.

Which is not what billionaires are about. I wouldn't have thought.

However, where SL is realistic, might be in time frames. The time in which someone has to deliver this unrealistic goal. He has already shown this with LJ, giving him time, more time than 99% of other clubs owners would've, and I can imagine him taking a dip this season, bearing in mind the talent sold and the current finances, but next season might well be the: top six or bye bye cut off.

A decline back into a relegation dog fight I do not imagine he will tolerate.

But we shall see!

6 hours ago, KevP said:

1 apparently. And that's with an 18 year old rookie keeper in goal. When Max made his league debut I recall he was put under pressure by Brentford who  clearly tested him.  But 1 poxy shot on target that was actually an easy save for the Leeds keeper is quite frankly pathetic. Not just blaming the strikers for this btw.......I would have told our boys to shoot on target. Just like the fans do at AG but alas.....it has to be tappy lappy sideways or backwards.....Followed City for 45 years now but this stuff we're being served up isn't even average ATM.

In another thread my comment was something like better than the utter garbage of last week, sub mediocrity is an improvement 

Lee said he after Preston he was pleased the next game was away, and that didn't come to anything Saturday. But that was Leeds, some will say; what can we expect up there? They are Leeds. They are massive, etc.

So, we're away again, but this time at bottom of the table Ipswich, with their one win, their - 15 goal difference and their cheaply assembled team, minus it's better players from last season. Lee really cannot ask for more, there really can be no more hiding now. Can there? Wednesday is where it starts, where it all turns around. 

Except, it's Ipswich. Ipswich. Another grand old name of English football, Sir Bobby, Big Terry, Our Russ, Arnold Muhren, played in Europe, bigger than us, and we should've played them before thear last coach was sacked....

I think it will be a 1-1 draw Wednesday, followed by a draw against Millwall. Referring to the previous poster, I have no issue being bang average in the Championship, its a quality league. What I do have an issue with is winning 4 on the bounce, losing 4, constant change of teams, formation, tactics etc. It drives me mad why we cant be consistent (Yes, im aware we have been consistent the last 4 games ?)

On 25/11/2018 at 16:50, Major Isewater said:

Keep on hearing this, but they have one of the best defensive structures in the division- at home, if not the best so I wasn't expecting huge things. 5 in 8 games before we came is fairly solid defensively. There are 2 teams on the pitch and those with a good defensive structure- brought about through the pressing, won't concede many at home.

@Moments of Pleasure Within financial parameters? Unless maybe SL was pissed off at the back end of last season and is maybe setting LJ up to fail. Or he doesn't understand what is required- midtable would be a more realistic target for this season- midtable and bedding in some of the better signings over a season.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Keep on hearing this, but they have one of the best defensive structures in the division- at home, if not the best so I wasn't expecting huge things. 5 in 8 games before we came is fairly solid defensively. There are 2 teams on the pitch and those with a good defensive structure- brought about through the pressing, won't concede many at home.

@Moments of Pleasure Within financial parameters? Unless maybe SL was pissed off at the back end of last season and is maybe setting LJ up to fail. Or he doesn't understand what is required- midtable would be a more realistic target for this season- midtable and bedding in some of the better signings over a season.

Meaning ; they were a long way from having their strongest team out on the pitch . A debutant kid in goal , a debutant at Centre Back and eight injuries to key first team members . A great opportunity for us to get something from them but we got Jack Shit and you want me to be happy about it ? 

Even teams with ten players can win or draw matches , it's not a given that you lose if you have a player sent off .

LJ talked about needing leaders and warriors on the pitch , how many did he sign ? 

Our players have all the backbone of a marshmallow.

Where's the fight ? the belief ? 

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Meaning ; they were a long way from having their strongest team out on the pitch . A debutant kid in goal , a debutant at Centre Back and eight injuries to key first team members . A great opportunity for us to get something from them but we got Jack Shit and you want me to be happy about it ? 

Even teams with ten players can win or draw matches , it's not a given that you lose if you have a player sent off .

LJ talked about needing leaders and warriors on the pitch , how many did he sign ? 

Our players have all the backbone of a marshmallow.

Where's the fight ? the belief ? 

Oh I'm not happy about it tbh, but I didn't at the same time expect us to get a result there, if we played better maybe a draw.

Leaders...now there's a question. As you say, there seems to be a distinct lack. Kalas with his experience at this level thinking his excellence at Middlesborough and Fulham and the fact he's in his 5th season, he is one I can think of who could be one but there aren't many candidates- Korey perhaps? (I know he inherited him)- seems to have dissipated with Flint's departure the leadership though, but there are one or two who should be stepping up to the plate more in that sense.

Archived