IGNORED

Mosconi Cup

phantom

• Admin
10 hours ago, Slacker said:

Oh right.Pardon my ignorance but do any of the big name snooker players take part?

No, just the top pool players. 

Used to be some real characters involved, but entertaining to watch 

As Tom mentioned above matchroom (Barry Hearn) have got involved and it's a bit of a circus now in that it's basically pool played in a ryder cup atmosphere.... Just the continuous whooping and shouting from pissed up idiots ruin it a bit

2 hours ago, phantom said:

As Tom mentioned above matchroom (Barry Hearn) have got involved and it's a bit of a circus now in that it's basically pool played in a ryder cup atmosphere.... Just the continuous whooping and shouting from pissed up idiots ruin it a bit

I’m an avid watcher every year but it’s got to be said, the couple of people in the crowd that clearly think they are hilariously funny by whooping like Americans do (it’s clearly a sarcastic thing they are doing) is beyond being funny now & I just don’t understand how they’ve been allowed to continue doing it. It’s pathetic & rather than the referee warning the crowd they might be ‘asked to leave’ in the last frame, they should threaten it before they even start! It’s as superbly funny as golf fans screaming out ‘get in the hole’ at a tee shot on a par 5!!

It is showing a huge lack of respect to the players & is honestly spoiling the event.

As for the actual pool, we finally have an actual competition for the first time in years & it’s about time the Americans actually turned up & played their own sport at an okay standard.

Tonights viewing will be done with the sound off & music on as I just can’t stand the crowds participation anymore.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Thank you.

@phantom really haven't enjoyed this year because of this crowd being totally disrespectful to the American players when they are down on there shot. 

Loved it when Skyler Woodward mimicked Jason Shaw's celebrations on winning the final leg and taking the point. 

Next year will be better in vegas 

2 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

@phantom really haven't enjoyed this year because of this crowd being totally disrespectful to the American players when they are down on there shot. 

Loved it when Skyler Woodward mimicked Jason Shaw's celebrations on winning the final leg and taking the point. 

Next year will be better in vegas 

The crowd have totally ruined this & something really should be done & I really don’t see next year being any better, the Americans are the kings of whooping in the hope that they can get their voice heard on tv (Get in the hole, at every golf shot), it’s all become very embarrassing but Matchroom won’t care because more people are coming through the doors to pay to watch it & as with everything else, all that matters is the $$$$.

Morals & respect sadly no longer play a part in the event & in all fairness, some of the behaviour of the players hasn’t helped things either. It’s all adding up to a bit of a car crash of an event, in my opinion.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Super said:

first to 11 isn't it? Is Earl the Pearl still playing? What a cock he was.

I think it's like the Ryder cup the holders have to get to 11 to retain, but new winners need 12

Sadly the Earl Strickland is no longer playing, must admit it was when he was playing that I really enjoyed watching the cup

image.png

Archived