IGNORED

Only teams in the top six..

Hampshire Red

Have won more games than us this season. Quite good I reckon for a team being rebuilt and today's result (and 60% possession) shows we aren't far off 9th and probabonot far off 6th.

Doomsters say we may lose Kelly and Kalas in January but what do Doomsters know?. A positive January window must give us every chance of improving on last season's great effort and maybe even getting close to a playoff? 

Look again at today's results in the Championship-all so close. In such a tight league isn't it good to have a team and fans playing for the manager rather than just their own payday. Thought Famara was great today and Lo Ed repaying the faith the club supported him with earlier this season. 

Happy Days, anyone got a grumble? If so leave it out! 

3 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Look again at today's results in the Championship-all so close. In such a tight league isn't it good to have a team and fans playing for the manager rather than just their own payday.

It's not just City. The Bolton players have still not been paid for November. They still give it their all though. Today at leaders Norwich they fought back from 2-0 down to level, only to concede a third in the 93rd minute.

Just now, real_bristol said:

How can we lose Kalas in January. Thought he was on a season long loan?

Most loans have a recall clause in January. Gives the teams the option to recall to sell or to send them elsewhere if they are not playing. Pretty sure all our league loans have the same

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Most loans have a recall clause in January. Gives the teams the option to recall to sell or to send them elsewhere if they are not playing. Pretty sure all our league loans have the same

Kalas is playing 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If somebody buys him

If he’s buyable then we should be in that mix but something tells me Chelsea won’t sell

3 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Kalas is playing 

If he’s buyable then we should be in that mix but something tells me Chelsea won’t sell

As decent as he is I wouldn’t be spending on him if we intend to keep LK

We wouldn’t pay the wages either

And I wouldn’t think he’d be in a hurry to come here on a perm

8 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Kalas is playing 

Big wages and Chelsea will probably be looking for £8m plus for him, Celtic rumoured to be interested. 

25 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Have won more games than us this season. Quite good I reckon for a team being rebuilt and today's result (and 60% possession) shows we aren't far off 9th and probabonot far off 6th.

Doomsters say we may lose Kelly and Kalas in January but what do Doomsters know?. A positive January window must give us every chance of improving on last season's great effort and maybe even getting close to a playoff? 

Look again at today's results in the Championship-all so close. In such a tight league isn't it good to have a team and fans playing for the manager rather than just their own payday. Thought Famara was great today and Lo Ed repaying the faith the club supported him with earlier this season. 

Here is the table after our 21st fixture last season: https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-championship/08-december-2017/

32 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As decent as he is I wouldn’t be spending on him if we intend to keep LK

We wouldn’t pay the wages either

And I wouldn’t think he’d be in a hurry to come here on a perm

Different players so definitely room for both but you’re probably right about wages and his willingness to make it permanent 

38 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Good stat,  although a negative one could also be found as easily

Its a forum, grumbles and praises should both be welcome 

42 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Leave it out 

11C06D72-8BDB-422C-AAE2-906D0809AAFD.gif

38 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Different players so definitely room for both but you’re probably right about wages and his willingness to make it permanent 

Different in styles but LK is a centre half , or a Left sided centre half in the making and unless we go to a 3 at the back , Kalas here would merely block his development 

In theory Webster and Kelly as two footballing centre halves should be perfect for LJ and if both continue to develop and play near potential , a very very good pairing. 

IMHO

The stats interesting, but doesn’t tell us anything we don’t know.

I think it might have been @spudski who said the other day we had a top 6 defence but a bottom six attack and an average midfield. What we have to remember is the contra of only winning less than the top six is that we’ve lost more than other teams - or we’d be higher.

Inherently, we might nick a goal. But we rarely score two. We defend broadly well, but if we do concede, we don’t have the ability (generally) to score two and turn the game around. So, yeah, I expect us to win or lose generally. Because we can defend, but when a team get noses in front, we can’t break down.

9 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

There is no way Kelly would be sold in Jan

Sadly not the case.  Every player has a price tag when in best interests of all concerned that’s reached. On radio Bristol match day commentator Gary Owers mentioned load of premier league scouts sat in front of them and made joke of it when they all left enmass before end of game having seen ‘enough’. One was clearly a Liverpool scout by the emblem on his jacket.  

Point is IF a monster bid arrived for any player and it enabled wheeling and dealing it happens 

43 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Sadly not the case.  Every player has a price tag 

Point is IF a monster bid arrived for any player and it enabled wheeling and dealing it happens 

Absolutely so. It’s an integral part of SLs ‘sustainability’ especially as Kelly cost us nothing.

It would be disappointing to see LK move on in January and City would certainly get more for him if they waited until the summer window. 

That said if City keep selling their better  players then that significantly reduces the chances of reaching the PL. However once a bid comes in the players heads get turned - as happened with Flint and once a player wants to move there’s  sweet fa the club can do about it.

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The stats interesting, but doesn’t tell us anything we don’t know.

I think it might have been @spudski who said the other day we had a top 6 defence but a bottom six attack and an average midfield. What we have to remember is the contra of only winning less than the top six is that we’ve lost more than other teams - or we’d be higher.

Inherently, we might nick a goal. But we rarely score two. We defend broadly well, but if we do concede, we don’t have the ability (generally) to score two and turn the game around. So, yeah, I expect us to win or lose generally. Because we can defend, but when a team get noses in front, we can’t break down.

We are clearly building from the back and we probably have the best defence I have ever seen us have - I expect the midfield to be the focus in the summer and strikers sorted the following year, only then will we be ready for proper promotion push - in this timescale we need to keep ZV, LK, AW, NB, JB, COD, LW, NE. 

Actually while forming this list it's quite clear that we probably only need a right back, 1 midfielder but probably 2 strikers - this could be achieved in 1 summer if the financial situation is ok. Then we just need to keep them fit. 

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

Isnt Kalas a Chelsea player. Dont think they recall him. He is doing fine here and Chelsea dont need him.

Rumoured they would recall to sell him. He has no future at Chelsea. If someone is offering 6-8m for him in January he will not be here. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely so. It’s an integral part of SLs ‘sustainability’ especially as Kelly cost us nothing.

It would be disappointing to see LK move on in January and City would certainly get more for him if they waited until the summer window. 

That said if City keep selling their better  players then that significantly reduces the chances of reaching the PL. However once a bid comes in the players heads get turned - as happened with Flint and once a player wants to move there’s  sweet fa the club can do about it.

In that one post you have highlighted the terminal flaw in the"plan".

There is zero doubt that LK will be sold as soon as the 'right' offer is received - absolutely zero doubt.

That might be next month, it might be the summer - either way he will go.

And that argument is exactly the same for any other player that attracts an acceptable bid.

As you rightly suggest this policy  makes promotion an utter pipe dream.

Players heads will always be turned when a 'bigger' club shows an interest but we seem only too willing to grab the cash and assist them out of the door.

It is going to be interesting come SC renewal time how those numbers pan out - the lack of ambition and the dire quality of football, look likely to have a significant impact.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Rumoured they would recall to sell him. He has no future at Chelsea. If someone is offering 6-8m for him in January he will not be here. 

If that the case, its bad news. Kalas is a top defender and very important for us. Kelly can take his place but who will the lb be? Dony think Da Silva is the man.

Archived