IGNORED

Man U sack Mourinho

BobBobSuperBob

Isn’t there a list of 6 or so managers who have had a go at most of the Prem manager jobs at one time or another. Out out of that lot whose turn is it to go to ManU, Pardew hasn’t been mentioned on here so far, I think he is one of that group. :laugh:

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

image.png.57714b65430a04345f8fbd5cfb11b048.png

Statement issued today by Bristol Sport

Following intense media speculation  Head Coach Lee Johnson is set to reject Red Devils approach.
Speaking to Bristol Sport Media Team he confirms his allegiance to BCFC.:

"I 'm sure I'll get a call, Man U have been tracking me for some time, ever since I beat them in the cup with my tactics, my coaching skills, and my superior game management it was inevitable that they would naturally see me as someone with the skills and leadership to manage their club. However I am committed to BCFC for the time being, Man City are also tracking me and regard me as the one coach who could succeed Pep and deliver substantial improvements on the foundations he's laid ( naturally since our game last season he 's constantly on my mobile begging for tips and ideas ). I see Man City as my next destination rather than Man Utd as that role would enable me to further develop my coaching philosophy, win the Champions League and prepare myself in readiness for the Real Madrid job...probably after taking the summer 2022 off to lead England to win the World Cup .

image.png

Well that’s obviously bollocks. The World Cup in 2022 is in the winter.

I'm surprised that the fans there tolerated him as long as they did. I've never particularly liked them, but during my lifetime Man Utd have almost always played attacking football and mostly been great to watch. I didn't think that Mourinho kicking his puke football, egotistical interviews and excuse bingo can up the road would last five minutes there. He's spent a bajillion quid and left a fairly average squad with a few stars. Without the goalkeeper they'd be out of the Champions League and really up shit creek.

Goes to show how far they've fallen that if Pochettino has any sense he'll run as fast as he can in the opposite direction.

5 hours ago, Super said:

I said when he signed he would spend a lot of money, win a few trophies, fall out with players, fail to improve any then leave bank a lot of money.

Corrected for financial accuracy.

The normal disclaimer does not apply to Mourinho, as past performance absolutely guarantees  his future returns!

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Solskjaer with Phelan as assistant till end of season seeming likely, I know he's well liked at Old Trafford but a strange choice given his managerial history, plenty more capable caretaker managers.

Very strange choice. His time at Cardiff was a utter car crash. 

I get why they would want someone who understands the United way but I'd say there would be a very big queue in front of him of former United players.

When Fergie retired I assumed nothing would change and that Man Utd as a club, on and off the field, practically ran itself. Given the hat has gone on since Fergie, it just goes to show what a great manager he was.

People say he jumped ship at the right time as he was leaving an aging squad behind him but he delivered time and time again. Whenever anyone came to challenge Utd, be it Arsenal, Chelsea and more recently Man City, Fergie would raise his and the clubs game even more.

I don’t think anyone could have really known the true value of the man and it has only been highlighted since.

As for Jose, £400m on players and they are further away from title challengers now than ever before. His track record shows he isn’t a bad manager by any means but you get the feeling on this occasion his personal feelings have proved his downfall.

7 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

This is guy is everything I hate about modern football. Hope Roy Keane goes in to training and gives this ego maniac the kick of the ass he needs.

image.png.79b591073eebcc2ab7e0acfeaafb9167.png

Apparently Gary Neville responded to this tweet with “...and you can do one too...” and then Pogba deleted his tweet...what a full of himself prat Pogba really is....we watched Marlon Pack run him ragged...

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apparently Gary Neville responded to this tweet with “...and you can do one too...” and then Pogba deleted his tweet...what a full of himself prat Pogba really is....we watched Marlon Pack run him ragged...

His attitude and application that night was a disgrace

Total lack of surprise.  Mourinho was an abysmal fit in every way for that club from day one.  Wrong football, wrong media profile, wrong management structure, wrong culture, wrong history... The only surprising thing is that Ed Woodward survived getting another appointment obviously wrong.

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Total lack of surprise.  Mourinho was an abysmal fit in every way for that club from day one.  Wrong football, wrong media profile, wrong management structure, wrong culture, wrong history... The only surprising thing is that Ed Woodward survived getting another appointment obviously wrong.

A similar situation arose at Old Trafford after the legendary Sir Matt Busby retired. It took them several attempts to get the right man in post and even Sir Alex struggled at first before turning the club around.

Man United are a massive world wide club and managing them is tough ask made even harder following in the shadow of Sir Alex.

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

Ed Woodward was spot on in the original 'WickerMan' film though, and credit where its due, alongside his lonely sidekick Callan was very good too. 

Also what brilliant name … Edward Woodward fantastic. 

People having a joke about lee being man utd manager but the story goes their  to appoint the molde fc manager until the end of the season!

Molde wouldnt survive in the championship and average 7,000 a game.

It literally would be like appointing lee johnson or darryl clarke manager imo.

That club has become a joke.

Just now, Taz said:

Solskjaer confirmed as interim manager. Risky business after his Cardiff stint, but I think the bigger announcement is Mike Phelan returning with him. Been there and done it with Fergie.

Very risky.

They have given up on this season. Not a chance they will make top 4, all about the summer and trying to get Poch.

Archived