IGNORED

Tomlin on loan to Posh

Septic Peg

From the Prem to the Posh...

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/breaking-lee-tomlin-is-back-at-peterborough-united-1-8744365?fbclid=IwAR2VGIWluAd5vkBiSMND48MNPhKhfiAhLvuCirxrfjL0KPXCcal8_aXuuUY

Can't stand him (another one that blocked me on Twitter) but imagine if he puts the winner past Roverzzz at the end of Jan!

36 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/breaking-lee-tomlin-is-back-at-peterborough-united-1-8744365?fbclid=IwAR2VGIWluAd5vkBiSMND48MNPhKhfiAhLvuCirxrfjL0KPXCcal8_aXuuUY

Can't stand him (another one that blocked me on Twitter) but imagine if he puts the winner past Roverzzz at the end of Jan!

Too early in the season for him to score the goal that sends them down (?).

Pity. 

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

He'll still be a fat egotistical **** .

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

How I was wrong about him . I honestly thought we signed a cracking player. He turned out to be a poisonous little shit . 

Tosser 

Both sentences are true, his attitude and application stunk the place out but bags of skill and vision. 
For this goal alone , I'll always have a soft spot for him. From 1:45.

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

How I was wrong about him . I honestly thought we signed a cracking player. He turned out to be a poisonous little shit . 

Tosser 

His Twitter shit before he was signed was enough to tell him to **** off right there and then.  How the hell he passed the DNA  test is beyond me.

28 minutes ago, shelts said:

His bank account will say different 

Depends what you judge a footballers career on.

If it's what they achieved as a player, then it's a huge waste as he has the ability to be so much more.

If you judge a career on the bank balance he has, then it's a bit of a waste, but to a lesser degree. Had he played up to his potential he probably would have got his Premier League move earlier and thus more opportunity to earn more money.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Both sentences are true, his attitude and application stunk the place out but bags of skill and vision. 
For this goal alone , I'll always have a soft spot for him. From 1:45.

There is only one soft spot and that’s around his mid-rift.. fat lazy git. Could have done a Le Tissier but didn’t even have the application for that. He truly embodies every thing that is wrong about football and soft spots for application of his on wages he is/was on is why I’m falling out of love with the game - easy money for easy riders. I’d do the ayatollah for Cardiff sacking him for gross misconduct in not keeping himself fit...

Lee Tomlin is a typical case of a fat cat who got lazy as a result of bing paid too much.  Ended up eating too many pies and drinking too much beer, then got pissed off tat he had wasted himself and started thinking he was better than he was and became an annoying spoilt brat.  Probably too late for him to change now, but he won't last long unless he realises the error of his ways and pulls his finger out.

Some players make the most of their talent- achieve over and above where they should.

Tomlin is not and certainly will not be one of those- he had that great loan spell here then started in 16/17 pretty well, for about a third of the season...shame about his attitudes to fitness and well- well his attitude generally tbh. Assumed if anyone might get a tune out of him it'd be Warnock (for reference see Taarabt and how he flourished under Warnock for a while at QPR) but Tomlin? Talent yes- alas not the application to match.

Eating burgers and other fast food probably at this time the only areas of his talent and attitude that match- as in he's good at it and it appears he's up for it.

Lee Tomlin was supremely talented, that goal above where he sest up the ball for himself by putting spin on it is amazing, but some players, in line with a lot of people whatever their job, want an easy and enjoyable life.

If you can be paid millions, show off a bit, but generally take it easy then that's an attractive option.

Chritsiano Ronaldo lives his life in the gym and on the training ground in order to be the absolute best player he can be and one of the best ever.  That works for him.

Lee Tomlin can earn more money than he can ever spend whilst enjoying his free time doing whatever he wants.  It works for him.

I thought the same of our own Tommy Doherty - the guy was very talented and could have gone a lot a further, he could have been a Northern Ireland international legend. 

He chose instead to have a hugely enjoyable and well paid ten years.

Whilst most of us think that if we had the chance to be a pro footballer we would do everything to be the best possible I think the reality would be that there would be as many Dohertys and Tomlins as Ronaldos and Bales.

Archived