IGNORED

A plea to Kelly

Major Isewater

Practice with your right foot .

You need to be less obvious with your play if you want to be good enough for a top six club .

The opposition will be able to read your game too easily if you continue to only use your left .

Incidently, I have nothing against your left leg . It is a fine leg . The instant that I saw it I said " hello , that is a fine leg ". 

However , I want you to be the very best,  you have the potential, now work that sucker.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You need to be less obvious with your play if you want to be good enough for a top six club .

The opposition will be able to read your game too easily if you continue to only use your left .

Incidently, I have nothing against your left leg . It is a fine leg . The instant that I saw it I said " hello , that is a fine leg ". 

However , I want you to be the very best,  you have the potential, now work that sucker.

A Pete & Dud fan?

One of the funniest sketches you will see.

P.S. I see Kelly as more of a defender, not a Tarzan. :)

25 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Our boy Kelly could easily be worth more than Bobby if he does what the Major asks. Right now he is certainly our weakest link but the consistent back 5 Lj has found this season is worth sticking with and Kelly will learn by his mistakes. Great prospect, likely to move to better things we'd all agree.

Our weakest link?

Not sure I agree with that...

27 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Our boy Kelly could easily be worth more than Bobby if he does what the Major asks. Right now he is certainly our weakest link but the consistent back 5 Lj has found this season is worth sticking with and Kelly will learn by his mistakes. Great prospect, likely to move to better things we'd all agree.

Weakest link? He's arguably been one of our most consistent performers and dragged us to win games we wouldn't have without him. Ie Brentford and ipswich

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s a very misguided statement HR............:disapointed2se:

In fact I don’t think that there is a weakest link out of all the regular defenders 

WIth a gun to your head you would probably say right back, but even then that position doesn’t seem a weakness, just that we have outstanding options in the other defensive positions. First time I’ve been ecstatic with our defensive options since the promotion season. 

Our weakest link . Well we must be improving. LK will play premiership football. Learning all the time. He would personally be one of the first on my team sheet . Funny how fans see it different. As for being predominantly left footed . Many top left back in international footballers  only use their right leg to stand on .

6 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

WIth a gun to your head you would probably say right back, but even then that position doesn’t seem a weakness, just that we have outstanding options in the other defensive positions. First time I’ve been ecstatic with our defensive options since the promotion season. 

Competition for places is what all managers want and at RB we have Pisano and Hunt vying for that spot. At LB we have Kelly and Dasilva doing the same.

At CB we have Webster, Kalas, Baker and Wright all competing for two places. 

Two wide men in CoD and Eliasson yin’s for one place.

Problem is tho no competition in the midfield with Walsh and Smith injured. Similar situation up top with only Fanara as an out and out striker. Unfortunately Taylor is becoming a sick note.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Left footed players invariably get accused of being one-footed while right footed players, the majority of whom aren't strong on their left foot, tend not to.

Or so it seems to me.

Agreed.... imagine David Beckham if he could have ever kicked with his left boot:yawn:

HR your the weakest link for making that comment, yes he's young and still learning his trade but hardly think he's a week link especially what he's achieved for England.I actually think he's so versatile he could be a great ball winner / play maker in a central role his engine is that good.... Hummmmmm the futures bright the futures LK.

Folks, Ok i may have overstated/understated my concern / hope for LK so apologies. I agree with all the responses but have seen all bar two of his games and agree our defence looks solid enough. We did notice the 'arms round the boy' by Lj at WBA and other times at the end of the game (cameras never pick that up).On reflection i would pick him every game but have seen too many opposition goals come from his mistakes, even though all of the back 5 will inevitably make some errors. Maybe Robbo is right we dont have any weaknesses any more but if we had one,...

Love the bloke, he will be a super star he just needs continued development and with the coaches and other players to help him. You are dead right, he got top ratings for being so positive at Brentford and was the difference at Ipswich. Didnt mean to be confrontational on this just want him to be the superstar too quickly i fear. Will withdraw the comment with tail between legs

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

I wonder whether he gets any advice from Brian Tinnion....?

Think how far BT could have gone with even the smallest use of his right foot.

Norman Hunter was also almost completely one footed which incidentally cost him big on the international front .

I'm not saying that LK should stop using his left obviously but if from time to time he used his right to make a simple pass he could add another level to his game .

Incidently , I could make the same ' accusation ' for Pack who is a right footer. 

Every player has a stronger side but every one of them should aim to be proficient with both feet .

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I've got nothing against your left leg Mr Spigot, the problem is neither have you!

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Competition for places is what all managers want and at RB we have Pisano and Hunt vying for that spot. At LB we have Kelly and Dasilva doing the same.

At CB we have Webster, Kalas, Baker and Wright all competing for two places. 

Two wide men in CoD and Eliasson yin’s for one place.

Problem is tho no competition in the midfield with Walsh and Smith injured. Similar situation up top with only Fanara as an out and out striker. Unfortunately Taylor is becoming a sick note.

How do you know that? Is is fair to say it?

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Think how far BT could have gone with even the smallest use of his right foot.

Norman Hunter was also almost completely one footed which incidentally cost him big on the international front .

I'm not saying that LK should stop using his left obviously but if from time to time he used his right to make a simple pass he could add another level to his game .

Incidently , I could make the same ' accusation ' for Pack who is a right footer. 

Every player has a stronger side but every one of them should aim to be proficient with both feet .

Dunno about that.  When I was playing, my left was the strongest, so my coaches all tried to concentrate on improving my right.  Result - 2 rubbish feet ?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Out last season for ages with a groin injury, now a hip flexor injury - draw your own conclusions 

My conclusions are these : you have been more than naughty again letting your prejudices and bile spill over in an uncredit-worthy manner, directing all your venom and spite on an undeserving recipient. This is unworthy. automatically sticking up for the Club and your chum without working out what is really happening

We've crossed swords on this issue before I think. IMHO  the ascription "sick note" is a derogatory term applied to a malingerer.( I have given you examples of City players who were genuine malingerers).  The term should not be applied to someone who becomes temporarily incapable of playing professional sport because of a genuine injury 

When I see Matty Taylor putting himself about for the team upfront and running himself into the ground with Andreas to cause the opposition defence trouble and then supplying a sublime pass to put Korey Smith on goal and when I hear him speak in a forthright and fair way in an interview I am confident that he is not a malingerer. Just doesn't have the guile and would not permit himself to behave in that dishonourable fashion.

Here's a thought for you to enable you to control and direct  all naughtiness and all your vicious spleen and use it for the good of our Club.

Why not investigate what our Club might doing to build the best possible facilities and employ the highest quality staff to select, train and condition our players so that they can :

a) play for 90 minutes

b) avoid a career threatening injury in the first 5 minutes of a game ( Sam Vokes, George Elokobi , Christian Ribeiro, plus that German bloke whose mum traveled halfway across Europe to see him crippled playing for us for us etc etc etc)

c) avoid career threatening injuries in training - Adelekun

d) not mess up their recovery - Steve Brooker

e) have the facilities and know-how to enable them to play again for City again following an injury without waiting a season

If you can find out all that, then you might be in a position to judge the players' characters and fitness instead of saying naughty things about them

sined

SK.

7 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

I've got nothing against your left leg Mr Spigot, the problem is neither have you!

…...that was back in the brilliant Pete n Dud days before those two c **ts Derek & Clive came along and literally ****ed everything ****ing up, the dirty f****ing filthy fowl mouthed ****ing c **ts..!    

Yes his right foot needs improving but think this is as good as you will see LK at LB. He is a CB all day for me and when he doesn’t have that line bearing down him with a defender coming too his whole game changes. He does not feel in control at LB but he comes alive when playing centrally

10 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

…...that was back in the brilliant Pete n Dud days before those two c **ts Derek & Clive came along and literally ****ed everything ****ing up, the dirty f****ing filthy fowl mouthed ****ing c **ts..!    

that's true,  genuinely hysterically funny without use of the f word, sometimes "smutty" but never gratuitously profane. Peter Cook wrote that routine when he was still at school. He told everyone that he never betttered it throughout his career.

26 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

go on. Bend your brain to the argument and set aside soundbiting temporarily

Just read thru it....I think you’re taking ‘scknote’ far too seriously. 

To me it means any player repeatedly struggling with injuries as Taylor has.

Archived