IGNORED

DUNDER

Allwaysred

3 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

Just checked the statement release on the 4th of June and it clearly states Dunder are the new shirt sponsor and will also be investing not only in the team but the community..... 

Quite right, I remember that statement!

4 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

Just checked the statement release on the 4th of June and it clearly states Dunder are the new shirt sponsor and will also be investing not only in the team but the community..... 

Community? That’ll be a few roulette tables for schools then. Got to capture them early.............. :whistle:

4 hours ago, Newquay-Red said:

Hopefully there's a big crackdown on gambling sponsorships soon so we can have something less stupid on our shirts. 

Like, seriously? 'Dunder' just makes an already-unspectacular shirt design look worse. 

Yeah let's take a sponsor willing to pay us a shitload less just because it doesn't look as pretty as you'd like.

2 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

Clear states City and the community so i wud take city as a whole including investment for future signings otherwise why not just promote them as a shirt sponsor and be done. Let's not forget Lancer Scott had signed a new deal before being terminated soon after.

Their investment in City is the money they've paid to be the primary sponsor. It's up to the club how they spend that money. Neither the club, nor the fans should have ANY expectations for more money.

Just now, Newquay-Red said:

Have you hit your head, Mr Ashton? You appear to have forgotten your buzzwords.

As an example then...

Would you prefer Dunder on the shirts and receive £250,000 or a more local business and receive £50,000? Just random numbers but have heard Dunder were willing to pay a huge amount more.

I'm sure if the season ticket prices, concessions etc. had increase in price to make up for the deficit you'd be delighted. 

Football is a business and we should be intelligent enough to realise, more money means more to spend on the playing squad, whether that be transfer fees, wages, whatever.

3 minutes ago, TBW said:

As an example then...

Would you prefer Dunder on the shirts and receive £250,000 or a more local business and receive £50,000? Just random numbers but have heard Dunder were willing to pay a huge amount more.

I'm sure if the season ticket prices, concessions etc. had increase in price to make up for the deficit you'd be delighted. 

Football is a business and we should be intelligent enough to realise, more money means more to spend on the playing squad, whether that be transfer fees, wages, whatever.

Plenty of clubs are taking the lucrative option of getting gambling sponsorships without recognising the damage it is causing. I don't agree with it whatsoever. That is my primary grievance and it just so also happens that it looks moronic. Football is a business, yeah, but consumers are more conscious these days and are less likely to just accept something like this. Using that logic if the North Korea Tourist Board came up and wanted to beat any offer for a sponsorship, would you snap Mr Kim's fingers straight off?

5 minutes ago, TBW said:

As an example then...

I heard these figures to be much higher and solely Dunders investment would be for strengthening the squad whilst rasining their profile via our shirts which is why i raised it in the first place. Some don't care as long as it brings money in and some think it's wrong to promote gambling on are shirts but onething is for sure Mr L wouldn't have entertained it if it wasn't beneficial. 

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

Even the guy who was taken the shots yesterday could not have been termed as having "had a go" it was like he had never kicked a football before in his life.

It does make you wonder why they put themselves up for it. But, I suppose you have to be in it to win it! COYR 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Well they make a 48 year old kid say “Bring the Dunder” in my best Thor voice when I put on the white kit much to my wife’s bemusement so that is something I didn’t have under Lancer Scott - just does not work as well.

I have the AC/DC intro to Thunderstruck in my head. NA NA NANA NA NA NA NA NA Dunder.

1 hour ago, Newquay-Red said:

Plenty of clubs are taking the lucrative option of getting gambling sponsorships without recognising the damage it is causing. I don't agree with it whatsoever. That is my primary grievance and it just so also happens that it looks moronic. Football is a business, yeah, but consumers are more conscious these days and are less likely to just accept something like this. Using that logic if the North Korea Tourist Board came up and wanted to beat any offer for a sponsorship, would you snap Mr Kim's fingers straight off?

If we as consumers are more conscious these days then we should also be more conscious than throwing all our disposable income at gambling just because it says it on a football shirt.

Show me some stats to prove gambling addiction has gone up because of Dunder and we'll carry this on.

35 minutes ago, TBW said:

If we as consumers are more conscious these days then we should also be more conscious than throwing all our disposable income at gambling just because it says it on a football shirt.

Show me some stats to prove gambling addiction has gone up because of Dunder and we'll carry this on.

You think that I have the time to do that, or that you are worthy of that time? Afraid not mate.

Gambling is deeply embedded into our watching of and consumption of football. Have a look at what Joey Barton said about it following his suspension. Like a decade ago when all the alcoholic beverage sponsors gradually disappeared from football shirts. Plus, I don't think you grasp the concept of 'conscious consumption' whatsoever, since gambling is more of an addiction, and more and more firms want their slice of the pie. You only have to look at Denise Coates' £265m bonus this year ALONE to know that things are in need of serious reform. Gambling prays on the weak through masquerading as fun for the vulnerable, and I happen to know this since one of my closest friends is a gambling addict in recovery. 

I know it's very much a trend on this forum to appear oblivious of trends like this, and laugh them off and demean them, but if you can't see it than maybe there is no point in 'carrying this on', as you say. In ten years time, people will be looking back in disgust in how the situation was, and how supporters and players alike are drawn into it. I liked that we were one of those clubs that didn't have a sponsorship like that. Not because of any obsession with our previous sponsors, but I knew that I had no interest whatsoever in wearing a shirt with a gambling sponsorship on it.

Funny how you didn't make reference to my previous point whatsoever. Because you know that I was right. Setting your decision making purely on the metric of 'hurrdurr that's the most money' is increasingly obsolete policy.

Your turn. Make it a good one.

7 hours ago, Undy English said:

A few of my American friends have told me that calling someone a 'Dunder' or 'Dunderhead' stateside is quite a funny insult, and they're baffled why anyone would want it on their shirts, let alone name a company that name.

Dunder or dunderhead has been a common insult in English for centuries, it's as though some one is actively trying to make City look tinpot.

Archived