IGNORED

Text to report anti-social behaviour at AG (Merged)

CyderInACan

1 minute ago, Club and Country said:

They were, back row of the dolman 

I saw them having a conversation with a steward in the concourse at half time.  Both girls used to play football with my daughters. They're really nice people.  It's disgusting they had to endure that.   The youngest is only 10 so will have understood what was being said. 

Thanks to all decent fans who were obviously nearby and have posted on here.

We live in a country with many people having a multitude of origins, beliefs, religions. As a club we have staff, coaching, playing, managerial, all the services and supporters that reflect that diversity.

Long may it be that everyone is welcomed.

Abuse is not wanted.

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

I saw them having a conversation with a steward in the concourse at half time.  Both girls used to play football with my daughters. They're really nice people.  It's disgusting they had to endure that.   The youngest is only 10 so will have understood what was being said. 

Real shame, me and old man said as much, poor girls probably old enough to understand 

1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

You don’t sit in b block of the dolman do you? , there’s someone near me who’s got a serious problem, every now and then you get a wiff pure shit, ‘‘tis a real stomach turner?

Sorry about that - I've had a word with the wife and she'll have a good shit before taking her seat in future :gasmask:

Nothing worse than adults moaning about people being a ‘snitch’. Proper embarrassing.

I get why people wouldn’t ‘tell on’ their mate or a family member for doing something wrong.

But if you saw an old lady getting mugged or someone receiving homophobic or racial abuse then you’d do something about it. If you wouldn’t then you’re a massive bell-end.

Nothing different in a football stadium. This isn’t about singing, standing or being a bit sweary.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm confused about this, someone was taken out but the family still left?

Yes.  I don't know the full story but the mum looked really upset. 

One of the insiduous side-effects of this is that it forces those affected to make a decision whether they want to stay.  I've never had to make that decision with regard to my children as I've never taken them anywhere where there has been a load of racist abuse directed at white English people. On the one hand, why should you stay where you don't feel safe? But on the other, you don't want to give the small minded idiot or idiots a victory.

10 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Yes.  I don't know the full story but the mum looked really upset. 

One of the insiduous side-effects of this is that it forces those affected to make a decision whether they want to stay.  I've never had to make that decision with regard to my children as I've never taken them anywhere where there has been a load of racist abuse directed at white English people. On the one hand, why should you stay where you don't feel safe? But on the other, you don't want to give the small minded idiot or idiots a victory.

So did this bloke single a family out and go at them? I'm confused, I read they were Wolves fans yet Joe said on OSIB it was in E29(?) which is some way away from the away end.

Different set of circumstances but we had a racist incident at a skittles match (I know, rediculous isn’t it), right at the end as we were leaving.  One of our players was the culprit.  By the next morning, a number of us had emailed the captain and said we don’t want to be associated with playing for a team that allows this and that he should be chucked out.  It was unanimous.  By the evening that was the position taken.  I also suggested we contact the opposition, apologise and advise them of our decision.  The opposition were in a position where they didn’t know how to tackle it, e.g. take it to the league, but I guess our proactive action was well received, and we still have good relations with them.

Afternoon @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO Hope you're well mate.

Forgot to text recently that City always turn a blind eye to drunk fans using and peeing all over the floors of the disabled toilets at every home match. I try to tackle people as best I can but it's upsetting and not good for my son having to watch me argue with some moron as they leave the toilet having made us wait for 5 mins. The disabled toilets often make the regular toilets look like surgically cleaned operating theatres. They're awash with urine. 

That's antisocial and the club have never done a thing about it. They've always swept my suggestions and requests into the bin. 

Unfortunately this issue falls under the banner of disability, rather than an ethic minority/race, or sexuality, issue else it would be taken seriously. 

29 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Forgot to text recently that City always turn a blind eye to drunk fans using and peeing all over the floors of the disabled toilets at every home match. I try to tackle people as best I can but it's upsetting and not good for my son having to watch me argue with some moron as they leave the toilet having made us wait for 5 mins. The disabled toilets often make the regular toilets look like surgically cleaned operating theatres. They're awash with urine. 

That's antisocial and the club have never done a thing about it. They've always swept my suggestions and requests into the bin. 

Unfortunately this issue falls under the banner of disability, rather than an ethic minority/race, or sexuality, issue else it would be taken seriously. 

I asked years back if the disabled loos could be fitted with radar keys so that they couldn’t be abused. Shame this hasn’t been taken on board. 

I helped a young female disabled fan in a wheelchair and her mum find the disabled loo through the door at the back of the mezzanine level in the sports bar. She had been sick unfortunately and her mum needed to clean her up. When we got there, the door was locked and someone was inside. We waited (with this little girl covered in sick and her mum as well) for well over 5 minutes. We presumed another disabled person was in there so were happy to wait. Eventually the door was unlocked and a club employee came out. Sadly it seems the club don’t take the issue of disabled loos being abused seriously at all. 

@CotswoldRed and @Dollymarie

We are spoiled in Section A4 as we have our own toilets (2).  You can only get to our section via a lift and it’s only wheelchair and Carers in that area.

I recall you discussing radar keys and I think that is a good idea in the concourse areas.  No doubt some will buy one off eBay, but it will stop a lot of people using them.  I know from our time in Section A9, it’s frustrating having to wait for a non-disabled person to exit first....and they seem to show no embarrassment either.

40 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Hi there, 

Thanks for the feedabck on this. That's not great and i have sent your feedback onto the Ashton Gate stadium team. 

Matt 

6 hours ago, BessexRED said:

So did this bloke single a family out and go at them? I'm confused, I read they were Wolves fans yet Joe said on OSIB it was in E29(?) which is some way away from the away end.

It was in E29

he was directing a chant towards the wolves fans

which would have caused huge offence to the family in front of him, the family made there complaints at half time, and never came back to there seats 

said Fan was then removed about 10/15 mins into second half after being identified by stewards 

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

It was in E29

he was directing a chant towards the wolves fans

which would have caused huge offence to the family in front of him, the family made there complaints at half time, and never came back to there seats 

said Fan was then removed about 10/15 mins into second half after being identified by stewards 

That’s really sad to hear. Not that it’s anybody’s duty but did anybody say anything? I remember someone shouting racial abuse at McCleary at Reading away a few years ago and several people turned round and told him to shut his mouth, which of course he did.

17 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I asked years back if the disabled loos could be fitted with radar keys so that they couldn’t be abused. Shame this hasn’t been taken on board. 

I helped a young female disabled fan in a wheelchair and her mum find the disabled loo through the door at the back of the mezzanine level in the sports bar. She had been sick unfortunately and her mum needed to clean her up. When we got there, the door was locked and someone was inside. We waited (with this little girl covered in sick and her mum as well) for well over 5 minutes. We presumed another disabled person was in there so were happy to wait. Eventually the door was unlocked and a club employee came out. Sadly it seems the club don’t take the issue of disabled loos being abused seriously at all. 

Hi Dolls. I offered to pay for radar locks for the entire stadium years back, including a key for every disabled supporter. 

They weren't interested. 

17 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi there, 

Thanks for the feedabck on this. That's not great and i have sent your feedback onto the Ashton Gate stadium team. 

Matt 

Thanks Matt. 

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

We are spoiled in Section A4 as we have our own toilets (2).  You can only get to our section via a lift and it’s only wheelchair and Carers in that area.

I recall you discussing radar keys and I think that is a good idea in the concourse areas.  No doubt some will buy one off eBay, but it will stop a lot of people using them.  I know from our time in Section A9, it’s frustrating having to wait for a non-disabled person to exit first....and they seem to show no embarrassment either.

I don’t understand why the disabled toilets wouldn’t have radar keys!? Ridiculous! 

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hi Dave. 

Some would certainly buy a key but, fortunately, it would be a very small number. 

Those using the toilets at present (who shouldn't be) will always justify their actions and see it as a quick bit of opportunism and "oh I was just going to be quick".

Buying a key to use it, however, is anything but. 

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I don’t understand why the disabled toilets wouldn’t have radar keys!? Ridiculous! 

Because BCFC staff would have to carry a key when they were busting, evidently. 

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

I genuinely don't know the answer to these questions but:

Are disabled toilets only meant for disabled people? 

Are disabled toilets only meant for physically disabled people?

I don’t know the technical answer, but guess anyone with a disability, physical or not. 

Archived