IGNORED

Swansea have sold their full allocation of 2,500 tickets

Never to the dark side

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I would agree, but it needs to be reciprocal IMO.

If the Swansea away end held 3,300- which it does- then by all means.

I can see both sides of this one tbh and have sympathy for both but given we got a shade under 2,000 up there it is a bit of a double standard.

I doubt if we were given 3,300 we would sell them!!

I've been to Cardiff 2/3 times in last 5 years and had tiny away following. What makes you think 2,000 more would go to Swansea.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I suppose part of the problem is where there is space?

Just because it is not a sell out doesn't mean it is feasible to have any more away supporters there - Villa as an example we filled the away section we had, but there was nowhere parallel for us to go

No excuse for Reading giving us such a low allocation, I get it with Villa to an extent because of the ground layout but surely they can find room somewhere for an extra couple of thousand especially due to their money problems, QPR are another team who give us a reduced allocation 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I've been to Cardiff 2/3 times in last 5 years and had tiny away following. What makes you think 2,000 more would go to Swansea.

We take decent numbers to Reading away, to London games- haven't we had restricted sale times or bubbles at Cardiff quite often lately?

If we sold 3,300 in normal conditions- say a 3pm or even a 5.30pm kickoff for TV (police wouldn't allow it however) I think we would have a strong chance of filling it.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We take decent numbers to Reading away, to London games- haven't we had restricted sale times or bubbles at Cardiff quite often lately?

If we sold 3,300 in normal conditions- say a 3pm or even a 5.30pm kickoff for TV (police wouldn't allow it however) I think we would have a strong chance of filling it.

Of course we’d sell 3000 at Cardiff & Swansea if it was a 15:00 KO on a Saturday. Spoons quoted the last couple of away games at Cardiff where he states that we had ‘tiny’ followings, off the top of my head we took at least 1500 to both games when one was live on Sky on a Friday night and the other was a Midday KO on a Sunday

19 minutes ago, harrys said:

Of course we’d sell 3000 at Cardiff & Swansea if it was a 15:00 KO on a Saturday. Spoons quoted the last couple of away games at Cardiff where he states that we had ‘tiny’ followings, off the top of my head we took at least 1500 to both games when one was live on Sky on a Friday night and the other was a Midday KO on a Sunday

No chance did we take over 1000 for the Monday night game. I was there. It was embarrassing. Only saved by how few home fans turned up.

Crowd that day 15,287 

20 minutes ago, Spoons said:

No chance did we take over 1000 for the Monday night game. I was there. It was embarrassing. Only saved by how few home fans turned up.

Crowd that day 15,287 

I forgot about the Monday night game, another game on Sky, as I say, we would sell 3000 easy for a 15:00 KO

34 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Crowd that day 15,287 

If I remember correctly the only way you could get to that game was on club coaches and therefore lots of people boycotted

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Not so sure. We should sell 3,000 on a Monday night for a quick trip to Cardiff.

To be fair Friday and Monday night games while on Sky and a Midday Sunday KO is hardly appealing, personally I thought the Friday and Sunday games were a decent turnout, weren’t we only given 1500 tickets for the Sunday game?

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If I remember correctly the only way you could get to that game was on club coaches and therefore lots of people boycotted

Nope. You had to collect tickets from service station though. A pain but still should have had more.

1 minute ago, harrys said:

To be fair Friday and Monday night games while on Sky and a Midday Sunday KO is hardly appealing, personally I thought the Friday and Sunday games were a decent turnout, weren’t we only given 1500 tickets for the Sunday game?

No , they were initial allocations. 

16 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Nope. You had to collect tickets from service station though. A pain but still should have had more.

As I thought, only given 1400 tickets for last season’s Sunday Midday game which we sold out, yet another woeful performance in Cardiff, still, it was good fun drinking in a Newport boozer at 08:00 in the morning

50 minutes ago, harrys said:

As I thought, only given 1400 tickets for last season’s Sunday Midday game which we sold out, yet another woeful performance in Cardiff, still, it was good fun drinking in a Newport boozer at 08:00 in the morning

8am in a boozer ? Ok then.

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

Give them the whole end. Sell as many tickets as possible. More money for us and better atmosphere.

Just because you have a big away following doesn't mean there going to win. 

Big away crowd gets home fans more up for it. 

I’m in total agreement with you mate the more the merrier......

the day I worry about how many tickets a football team get 

ILL PUT A GUN TO MY HEAD ........

Can’t can’t work out who I want to win this one, the jacks could do with another relegation back to where they belong mind.

you lot usually plummet down the league about now don’t you?  The jacks have the spine of a jellyfish, bit like their bitter supporters, just go for them from the off and they will buckle.

4 hours ago, Spoons said:

We sold 2,000 to STHs this season, we comfortably would. We sold out a Friday night game on Sky with no trains at Cardiff the other week. 3/4 sell outs at their new ground, the one that didn’t was a bubble trip. Not sure what you’re going on about.

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

No they were not. Cardiff away last year sold out before members sale. Get your facts straight before giving it the big un.

Archived