IGNORED

Swansea have sold their full allocation of 2,500 tickets

Never to the dark side

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

What a magnificent thread. I'm quite looking forward to this match against one of the giants of world football!

Do Swansea Town play in all white because they copied the Real Madrid kit or is it the other way round?

And I wonder where Swansea Town would be now as a football club if Bristol City had not extended the "Old Pal's Act" to them in the last game of a season in the late 1950's. Relegation from Div 2 was avoided because City conveniently sat in their deckchairs and allowed them to win, sending Lincoln City down.

I apologise for calling you Swansea Town but that's what your name was the first time I saw you losing to Cardiff City at Ninian back in 1950, and it's stuck with me!

You mean it’s not Swansea Town ?

12 hours ago, Swansea said:

There’s no club in the country that lets 7,000 away fans in for a league match. Swansea are only taking 3,500 to Bristol.

What I said was in my opinion we could have sold double that number for the match in Bristol.

Think MK Dons let Wolves take 10k + not so long ago that was a league game

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/03/31/black-and-gold-day-of-delight-for-wolves-fans-at-mk-dons/

ok not quite 10K

On 18/01/2019 at 11:53, phantom said:

So rather than assuming these people didn't get tickets in the initial allocation, there is now the opportunity to buy a ticket to ensure they will be in Bristol now, whereas most likely if they hadn't had a ticket the same numbers would not have travelled

This match will attract lots of visiting piss/cokeheads some of whom fancy a scrap, others who won't look for one but will be happy to protect themselves by whatever means are available if they blunder into the wrong pub and some of that will occur during match time.

Julie and her mates won't have a clue what is happening as usual.

The scene is set for potentially a lot of public disorder and the club has played a major role in this.

Forget the bollocks about creating a great atmosphere in the ground, and consider the risk of encouraging people very loosely connected with the away team to visit the nearest English club where they have been spanked in the relatively recent past.

This is not a normal fixture in terms of who is attracted to make the trip and if nothing happens in the BS3 postcode, then something happening in the city centre will be equally football related..

Doesn't bother me, but if it happens forget all the "knuckle dragger" comments and consider how easily it could have been averted or at least limited.

8 hours ago, Loon plage said:

This match will attract lots of visiting piss/cokeheads some of whom fancy a scrap, others who won't look for one but will be happy to protect themselves by whatever means are available if they blunder into the wrong pub and some of that will occur during match time.

Julie and her mates won't have a clue what is happening as usual.

The scene is set for potentially a lot of public disorder and the club has played a major role in this.

Forget the bollocks about creating a great atmosphere in the ground, and consider the risk of encouraging people very loosely connected with the away team to visit the nearest English club where they have been spanked in the relatively recent past.

This is not a normal fixture in terms of who is attracted to make the trip and if nothing happens in the BS3 postcode, then something happening in the city centre will be equally football related..

Doesn't bother me, but if it happens forget all the "knuckle dragger" comments and consider how easily it could have been averted or at least limited.

Thank you for this.

i am sure that the majority of fans from both Swansea and Bristol city are looking forward to a great game, in a stadium full of noise and atmosphere.

this game has no restrictions and rightly so, we as a police service both here and in South Wales have listened to the majority of fans and agreed that the game in Swansea and here should be without restriction.

We work closely with fans representatives from the bcfc supporters trust to ensure their views are sought when policing any game , I don’t see how having no restrictions encourages people to visit and cause disorder, it merely allows genuine fans to enjoy the game. 

The view of the policing operation on the day is always to allow the 99% of fans to enjoy the game/ day and the 1% that are there for other reasons will be dealt with in a positive manner where when charged and convicted banning orders will be applied for at court. 

Disorder is easily averted by the minority by not seeking it in the first place 

11 minutes ago, Swansea said:

Well said. As a Swansea fan, I’m looking forward to traveling to Bristol.

As for causing trouble - Nah, don’t think so. Plenty of noise and a great atmosphere.

Should be a loud cracking atmosphere, come and enjoy yourself, but hoping you won’t leave with 3 points !!

26 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for this.

i am sure that the majority of fans from both Swansea and Bristol city are looking forward to a great game, in a stadium full of noise and atmosphere.

this game has no restrictions and rightly so, we as a police service both here and in South Wales have listened to the majority of fans and agreed that the game in Swansea and here should be without restriction.

We work closely with fans representatives from the bcfc supporters trust to ensure their views are sought when policing any game , I don’t see how having no restrictions encourages people to visit and cause disorder, it merely allows genuine fans to enjoy the game. 

The view of the policing operation on the day is always to allow the 99% of fans to enjoy the game/ day and the 1% that are there for other reasons will be dealt with in a positive manner where when charged and convicted banning orders will be applied for at court. 

Disorder is easily averted by the minority by not seeking it in the first place 

Any chance of this relaxed view from yourselves for our Cardiff fixtures next season? Like the ridiculous kick off times and also the rough treatment innocent supporters seem to receive from your South Wales colleagues whilst over there? 

4 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Any chance of this relaxed view from yourselves for our Cardiff fixtures next season? Like the ridiculous kick off times and also the rough treatment innocent supporters seem to receive from your South Wales colleagues whilst over there? 

We will no doubt discuss the details of that fixture if needed. 

Same repeesentations are made from both sides of fan groups so we will need to see what happens when/ if the time comes next season! 

23 hours ago, Swansea said:

There’s no club in the country that lets 7,000 away fans in for a league match. Swansea are only taking 3,500 to Bristol.

What I said was in my opinion we could have sold double that number for the match in Bristol.

Just to be clear....when you say ‘there’s no club in the country...’  are you referring to Wales or the country that allows you to play in its league?

1 hour ago, Swansea said:

I think some of you guys are getting their knickers in a twist.

Swansea fans as far as I’m concerned are going to Bristol for a day out, few drinks, and hopefully contribute to an awesome atmosphere.

Haven’t heard of any Swansea fans making the trip looking for trouble. So you can leave  your pitch forks at home.....❤️

ITK are you ?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Quite so mate.Ive seen scrapping at Twickers Arms Park Lansdown Road and Parc de Princes. Absolute bollocks to suggest otherwise.

Archived