IGNORED

Swansea have sold their full allocation of 2,500 tickets

Never to the dark side

10 hours ago, Swansea said:

Good morning to all you Bristol City fans.

As a Swansea fan, i can tell you that we would sell thousands more tickets for the match against you. 

Its the match many Swansea fans have been targeting, not with a violent intent,  because Bristol isn’t far away and our closest away match.

I personally will be catching the early train to Bristol, few drinks and enjoy the day, as will many other Jacks and hopefully there will not be any trouble.

Had some great memories over the years away at Swansea and it was a great day this year apart from a few pumped up yardies giving it big balls in the pub by the ground. Apart from that it's are Derby and we're buzzing for it especially with a full house of jacks, as for trouble free I'm not so sure unfortunately but we live in hope. 

All this talk of violence is crazy. I had a great day out at Swansea when we played them. Travelled to the game on the train, went to the shops and beach, went to the pub, got a decent meal. Travelled on a bus from the City centre with Swansea fans, had a great time at the match, stayed around after. Went back into the City for a drink after and left late evening.

I want to do this again. Not a bubble match, which is what will happen if a few idiots ( from both sides) get their way. 

Final point on this.

Came across this online earlier.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/moment-man-utd-fan-chased-13772604

Scenes we wouldn't want for sure. the club certainly wouldn't want the risk of such scenes, hence the bigger allocation. Away fans in home ends? Some will always get in, fairly sure therefore this was a key part of the reason for the extended allocation.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Final point on this.

Came across this online earlier.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/moment-man-utd-fan-chased-13772604

Scenes we wouldn't want for sure. the club certainly wouldn't want the risk of such scenes, hence the bigger allocation. Away fans in home ends? Some will always get in, fairly sure therefore this was a key part of the reason for the extended allocation.

And that Cardiff fan was on here (probably) making up a story about our fans with other teams fans...

I hope there is a calm atmosphere, but if ANY game this season had the potential to kick-off badly, it's this one.

Huge Welsh following, opportunity for hours and hours of drinking, and groups going into the wrong boozers.

Expect lots of overtime for A+S and the lovely Heddlu boys..........

Hopefully all passes without incident, but I wouldn't be too confident tbh.

On 20/01/2019 at 21:11, Swansea said:

Exactly. The bubble matches were terrible in terms of affecting the atmosphere. 

I remember about 10 years or so ago we had a bubble for the fixture at the Liberty where the only option was to travel on one of the official coaches. It was a Tuesday night, we barely had 200 fans there, the atmosphere was one of the worst I've ever been a part of and the game finished 0-0 with Alvaro Saborio (anyone remember him?) missing an absolute sitter right at the end. 

On 19/01/2019 at 09:41, devoncider said:

I lived in Cardiff at the time and went to that game. It meant getting a lift off a mate from Cathays (central cardiff) all the way out to Cardiff Gate services on the M4 to pick up tickets from the coach drop off point and then drive back into Cardiff to the stadium. Was a right ball ache.

I went in with a few soul crew mates, i got the piss taken out of me constantly because of our poor away attendance. I got my own back when we brought over the biggest mob theyd ever seen a few years later, that day they only managed to turn out 30 lads. Its been RIP soul crew ever since.

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I went in with a few soul crew mates, i got the piss taken out of me constantly because of our poor away attendance. I got my own back when we brought over the biggest mob theyd ever seen a few years later, that day they only managed to turn out 30 lads. Its been RIP soul crew ever since.

Year we turned up about 11am for a midweek game? Potters wheel pub ? or was that another year. Was at uni there at the time. 

This is just the sort of crap that has messed up the lovely game ... just grow up you w****

I hope there is a calm atmosphere, but if ANY game this season had the potential to kick-off badly, it's this one.

Huge Welsh following, opportunity for hours and hours of drinking, and groups going into the wrong boozers.

Expect lots of overtime for A+S and the lovely Heddlu boys..........

Once again all I can say is grow up and behave like the rugby fans ... 

3 minutes ago, Swansea said:

There will definitely be Swans fans in the home ends and there will also be Swans fans traveling to Bristol without tickets.

How many, not to sure, but this will definitely be the case.

If past experiences of away fans in the city ends are anything to go by, it could be very interesting... 

7 minutes ago, Swansea said:

There will definitely be Swans fans in the home ends and there will also be Swans fans traveling to Bristol without tickets.

How many, not to sure, but this will definitely be the case.

But surely the reason you got the extra allocation was to stop people from travelling or going in the home end ? 

Over the years we’ve heard loads of teams fans say , we’ve brought tickets in the home end etc 

only once can I remember this happening , to a Plymouth based Leeds fan who got whacked all the way down the dolman 

20 minutes ago, kivsy said:

But surely the reason you got the extra allocation was to stop people from travelling or going in the home end ? 

Over the years we’ve heard loads of teams fans say , we’ve brought tickets in the home end etc 

only once can I remember this happening , to a Plymouth based Leeds fan who got whacked all the way down the dolman 

I know at least 2 Villa fans who were in the home end in September- they told me after the event.

Happens more often than people think.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why is this such a big game for you?

I can't attend this game, on a stag in Amsterdam with....a load of Swans fans ?

It's the one chance to visit ashton gate before we go up. 

Apart from when they come back for our CL semi final against Barcelona in 5 years of course... 

1 hour ago, swampy said:

This is just the sort of crap that has messed up the lovely game ... just grow up you w****

Any need for that? What he or anyone else for that matter have done in the past is their business, I’d put money on it you wouldn’t say that to his face so why say it here?

35 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Heard it all before from bigger clubs than Swansea.

34 minutes ago, Swansea said:

I’m sure you have. 

So The Jacks are bringing ‘much more than 3,500’ to Bristol? By that I assume you mean loads more than the tickets you’ve sold or the away stand? Fair enough, as @weepywall said, we hear it all the time. I take it as a compliment....and it could be true, as the chance to spend a few hours away from Swansea is undoubtedly very tempting to tens of thousands....especially as the Bridge tolls have been scrapped....happy days!

Although recently we were ‘warned’ Millwall fans would be swarming all over Bristol and Weston super Mare the night before our Sunday game against them....as it turned out, the away following that day could have been comfortably accommodated in a few taxis, half a train carriage and on a couple of tandems...

I’ve got a lot of time for Swansea City FC....I regard you as a proper football club with very decent fans who do travel in numbers...but, leave the exaggerated ‘invasion’ claims to fans of the other ragbag ‘football’ team in North Bristol....they can’t even invade their own home games....

Archived