IGNORED

Swansea have sold their full allocation of 2,500 tickets

Never to the dark side

3 minutes ago, Swansea said:

Hardly. We Swans fans have played regularly against the biggest clubs in the country and even in cup finals and also played in Europe in our recent history, so no disrespect, but Bristol away isn’t seen as a big match, but just as an easy match to get too.

Leave it out your starting to sound like Forest fans or even worst villa fans

7 minutes ago, Swansea said:

Hardly. We Swans fans have played regularly against the biggest clubs in the country and even in cup finals and also played in Europe in our recent history, so no disrespect, but Bristol away isn’t seen as a big match, but just as an easy match to get too.

No disrespect either but you're really not a very big club so don't get ahead of yourself boyo.  Despite your 10 year purple patch it's not exactly seen as a fixture to get the pulses racing from our perspective either.

Just like Cardiff you were in division 4 getting crowds of 3,000 not that long ago, don't forget that ?

Heard it all before as others have said. I quite like Swansea FC tbf, the City is a toilet but the football club i quite admire. A small plucky outfit that have punched well above there weight in the Premier League for years, it was a remarkable achievement..

12 minutes ago, Swansea said:

How regular is that then? I wouldn’t call 7/8 years that regular tbh, most of your history has been knocking around the bottom 2 divisions, was only about 15 years ago you escaped relegation to non league by the skin of your teeth! Fair play to you though on how you’ve progressed etc, showing everyone how to run a football club in the right way.

10 minutes ago, Swansea said:

If it isn't seen as a big match, why are you claiming you'd take your biggest away attendance in recent history then... 

5 minutes ago, Swansea said:

Where have I said we are taking our biggest away attendance in recent history ?

1 hour ago, Swansea said:

Only my opinion, but i think we could have sold 7,000 tickets for the match against you.

Regularly take 7k away ?

2 hours ago, swampy said:

I hope there is a calm atmosphere, but if ANY game this season had the potential to kick-off badly, it's this one.

Huge Welsh following, opportunity for hours and hours of drinking, and groups going into the wrong boozers.

Expect lots of overtime for A+S and the lovely Heddlu boys..........

Once again all I can say is grow up and behave like the rugby fans ... 

I can provide you a link to the Bristol Bears forum if you’d like to **** off over there?

4 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I can provide you a link to the Bristol Bears forum if you’d like to **** off over there?

There must be a reason rugby fans are able to take pints into the stadium, sit with opposition fans, and still not start fighting...

Some 'hooligans' do need to grow up tbh, they just look like idiots 

23 minutes ago, Swansea said:

There’s no club in the country that lets 7,000 away fans in for a league match. Swansea are only taking 3,500 to Bristol.

What I said was in my opinion we could have sold double that number for the match in Bristol.

There is, Blackburn allocate 8,000 and Leeds have had it there this year — Swansea has 700 at both Preston and Bolton, so I’d imagine you’ll have the same up there unless it’s midweek in which case it’ll be fewer.

Swansea aren’t a big club, you’re averaging less than us at home on your first season back down here.

As for the away fans in home end discussion it happens a fair bit, but rarely do away fans make themselves known in the home end. Will be interesting to see if any Jacks do.

Just now, JBFC II said:

There must be a reason rugby fans are able to take pints into the stadium, sit with opposition fans, and still not start fighting...

Some 'hooligans' do need to grow up tbh, they just look like idiots 

Probably because they’re boring and not half as invested in their club as we all are — if you could get pints into football games we’d all go home piss wet through stinking of beer if we scored a goal, no thank you.

I know that there are quite a few Swansea fans travelling without tickets - I know one personally who lives in Swindon and he is meeting up with several of his mates also without tickets. I don’t know what he expects to do - I don’t think it’s POTD so he won’t be able to blag his way into any of the home areas. 

If the police think it’s going to be a problem then I wouldn’t mind betting they will make this one a 12:00 kickoff. 

2 hours ago, kivsy said:

But surely the reason you got the extra allocation was to stop people from travelling or going in the home end ? 

Over the years we’ve heard loads of teams fans say , we’ve brought tickets in the home end etc 

only once can I remember this happening , to a Plymouth based Leeds fan who got whacked all the way down the dolman 

Well he did have his dirty Leeds shirt on!! Wally. 

3 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Probably because they’re boring and not half as invested in their club as we all are — if you could get pints into football games we’d all go home piss wet through stinking of beer if we scored a goal, no thank you.

I think you'll find all rugby fans are just as invested in their clubs as football fans... 

Unfortunately I can see some people taking this game as an opportunity for a punch up... 

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I think you'll find all rugby fans are just as invested in their clubs as football fans... 

Unfortunately I can see some people taking this game as an opportunity for a punch up... 

If they want to do that then let them be, as long as they’re not smashing up any property in the process or targeting shirters then why do you care?

55 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

There is, Blackburn allocate 8,000 and Leeds have had it there this year — Swansea has 700 at both Preston and Bolton, so I’d imagine you’ll have the same up there unless it’s midweek in which case it’ll be fewer.

Swansea aren’t a big club, you’re averaging less than us at home on your first season back down here.

As for the away fans in home end discussion it happens a fair bit, but rarely do away fans make themselves known in the home end. Will be interesting to see if any Jacks do.

This is the key bit I feel.

Some will get in- normal enough, with geographical mobility etc. However under the radar is if they are in home ends, what they should be and will need to be.- there are home and away ends for a reason, and mixing the 2 (okay neutral zone at Fulham aside) isn't a good idea.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:59, Swansea said:

You maybe correct as far as I know. Bristol is about 90 mins away from Swansea, so relatively close. 

We normally take a decent following to the midlands, London and M4 corridor clubs, and understandably a lot less the further north you go, unless it’s an important game.

90 mins, blimey what do you drive, think you should allow a bit longer than that, can take that long to drive across Bristol sometimes ha! ha!

10 hours ago, Swansea said:

There’s no club in the country that lets 7,000 away fans in for a league match. Swansea are only taking 3,500 to Bristol.

What I said was in my opinion we could have sold double that number for the match in Bristol.

In my opinion we would of taken 17,000 to your ground earlier in the season but unfortunately you only gave us 2,000 tickets.

What a magnificent thread. I'm quite looking forward to this match against one of the giants of world football!

Do Swansea Town play in all white because they copied the Real Madrid kit or is it the other way round?

And I wonder where Swansea Town would be now as a football club if Bristol City had not extended the "Old Pal's Act" to them in the last game of a season in the late 1950's. Relegation from Div 2 was avoided because City conveniently sat in their deckchairs and allowed them to win, sending Lincoln City down.

I apologise for calling you Swansea Town but that's what your name was the first time I saw you losing to Cardiff City at Ninian back in 1950, and it's stuck with me!

Archived