IGNORED

Bolton cup ticket purchase

cidered abroad

My first confrontation with the new ticket download system. The seat selection and payment was easy but getting the ticket proved to be beyond me. Me who thought he understood computers and IT. I've used computers since 1978 in work but the way it has all changed in the last few years is making me feel as if I am totally senile and barking mad. 

As a SC holder, I find now I cannot download my ticket for the Bolton cup tie to my SC. Instead I need an App, whatever that is, on my phone.  Finally achieved it with a bit of help from my wife and a lot from our 12 year old granddaughter.

My emails to Bristol Sport this evening. I hope they have a sense of humour.

My goodness, when I was working I thought I knew a bit about computers but as a retired or perhaps retarded 75 year AOP, its hard work keeping up with modern IT.
Especially as the email address is the same for me and my wife, Jenny, she has an i phone and I have an Android and I have only used email on the lap top. 
Can the club please revert to the selling/purchasing method for cup ties in operation when I first started watching City in 1950? It was very simple. Twenty five thousand turned up at The Ground, as it was called then, not a posh name like Stadium, on the designated day and time. We queued in the pouring rain or snow for several hours, handed over our cash and sometimes a voucher from a previous match, recieved the ticket and then walked home as last bus was probably already gone!!! We all understood the system with needing a university degree in Information Technology.
Enjoy all the phone calls from the rest of the decrepid senior City supporters.

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: hello@bristol-sport.co.uk <hello@bristol-sport.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019, 10:08:51 PM GMT
Subject: Downloading tickets purchased to my Season Card

Hello BS/Bristol City / Bristol rugby
I have just purchased ticket for City v Bolton but yet again I was unable to download on to my SC. I have to print it instead.
What am I doing wrong, if anything? 

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

My first confrontation with the new ticket download system. The seat selection and payment was easy but getting the ticket proved to be beyond me. Me who thought he understood computers and IT. I've used computers since 1978 in work but the way it has all changed in the last few years is making me feel as if I am totally senile and barking mad. 

As a SC holder, I find now I cannot download my ticket for the Bolton cup tie to my SC. Instead I need an App, whatever that is, on my phone.  Finally achieved it with a bit of help from my wife and a lot from our 12 year old granddaughter.

My goodness, when I was working I thought I knew a bit about computers but as a retired or perhaps retarded 75 year AOP, its hard work keeping up with modern IT.
Especially as the email address is the same for me and my wife, Jenny, she has an i phone and I have an Android and I have only used email on the lap top. 
Can the club please revert to the selling/purchasing method for cup ties in operation when I first started watching City in 1950? It was very simple. Twenty five thousand turned up at The Ground, as it was called then, not a posh name like Stadium, on the designated day and time. We queued in the pouring rain or snow for several hours, handed over our cash and sometimes a voucher from a previous match, recieved the ticket and then walked home as last bus was probably already gone!!! We all understood the system with needing a university degree in Information Technology.

I have just purchased ticket for City v Bolton but yet again I was unable to download on to my SC. I have to print it instead.

Think the download to card facility was . missed off the new season cards issued as I had same problem on the first cup game. Whatever other reason could there be?

The ticket saves to a Pass Wallet (the app that you're instructed to download). Worked for me for the Huddersfield game although it took me 4 attempts to get through the gate. For the Bolton game, I've gone reckless and asked them to send me a paper ticket.

5 minutes ago, miser said:

The ticket saves to a Pass Wallet (the app that you're instructed to download). Worked for me for the Huddersfield game although it took me 4 attempts to get through the gate. For the Bolton game, I've gone reckless and asked them to send me a paper ticket.

Is that if you’ve selected e-ticket (not pdf or post?) or is e-ticket a pdf?

i can see no instructions in my email re Pass Wallet?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is that if you’ve selected e-ticket (not pdf or post?) or is e-ticket a pdf?

i can see no instructions in my email re Pass Wallet?

My hazy recollection - the process takes to delivery screen - post or print at home or download (red icon?). Choose the latter expecting to download to card ,but only one option of download to phone. Went for this as I couldn't go back. Think the Pass Wallet download was in the email confirmation. 

Just looked up the date we played Portsmouth (when they had a decent Prem team with the likes of David James, Crouch etc - about half of their team were England Interationals)  in the FA Cup, which was 13th January 2009.  I distinctly remember being able to simply go online and load the game on to my season card, and thought that piece of I.T. was quite impressive.  

That was (just) over 10 years ago and the world of digital technology has advanced unbelievably in the last 10 years.

And yet we cannot load the next FA Cup game against Bolton on our season cards in 2019.  But you can print in out if you happen to have access to this antiquated type of machine.

Is it just me that thinks this is slightly ridiculous?:grr:

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Can you save Cup tickets to Apple wallet?  If so, how?

@Davefevs You select the mobile delivery option and after purchasing you’re sent an e-mail with a link, click on the link and add it to your Apple wallet. Did it last night for the Bolton game and previously for the Huddersfield game, where I had no problem entering the ground.

Also, you will need to be careful if you have multiple e-mail addresses linked to your account, to ensure your order is correctly delivered.

I can see season cards going this way, maybe a good option, as I forget my season card more often than my phone! :blink:

8 hours ago, miser said:

My hazy recollection - the process takes to delivery screen - post or print at home or download (red icon?). Choose the latter expecting to download to card ,but only one option of download to phone. Went for this as I couldn't go back. Think the Pass Wallet download was in the email confirmation. 

Ok. I have to phone up for wheelchair tickets. That’s why I don’t get the option then. Ta. 

7 hours ago, italian dave said:

Or just get a printer!!

7 hours ago, miser said:

I've got a printer, but with the infrequent cup games, the inks dried out whenever I try it.

Careful with Epson printers from IOS, the barcode / qr code may print as a block. 

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ok. I have to phone up for wheelchair tickets. That’s why I don’t get the option then. Ta. 

Careful with Epson printers from IOS, the barcode / qr code may print as a block. 

The problem comes from trying to print at home ticket from any apple device. You'll see that the barcode is blacked out, in which case you can't get in unless you can find the original email with the tickets on a pdf attachment. If not you'll get sent to join the queue at the ticket office.

Best bet is order a match ticket and pay the extra quid

10 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I bought mine yesterday and one for my uncle who is a member. Easy enough to select seats and pay but decided to print at home 

Bar code and QR code failed to print and just printed a black block

called ticket line and apparently it’s an issue if you print from an iOS device so he is posting out to me now 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Why do you have to pay for the wheelchair to get into the ground? They'll be charging us for the air we breathe inside the stadium soon!

?

14 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Hi @cidered abroad,

I am pleased to read you finally managed to download your Bolton ticket - it would seem that, not only do we share the same alma mater, but also a similar dependance on our younger family members for assistance with this new-fangled technology: not exactly the river Lethe, yet, but quite eye-opening, nevertheless.

Digressing slightly, I see that you were already using computers in 1978. I seem to recall that the quite modern company for whom I worked at that time received their first telex machine in 1978, and I remember well how we were informed that, not only should we use the telex sparingly (in order to maintain its sense of importance/urgency), but that we should handwrite our messages so that these might be typed in to the telex system by one of the senior secretaries.

Finally, the 'd' in 'decrepid' became a 't' around the time you left BGS ?.

Good Luck next Saturday.  

8 hours ago, myol'man said:

The problem comes from trying to print at home ticket from any apple device. You'll see that the barcode is blacked out, in which case you can't get in unless you can find the original email with the tickets on a pdf attachment. If not you'll get sent to join the queue at the ticket office.

Best bet is order a match ticket and pay the extra quid

8 hours ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Had a similar issue for the Huddersfield game but that was because I hadn't read the e-mail from the club properly. Once I'd reread it, downloading to my pass wallet was easy 

8 hours ago, INCRED said:

I bought mine yesterday and one for my uncle who is a member. Easy enough to select seats and pay but decided to print at home 

Bar code and QR code failed to print and just printed a black block

called ticket line and apparently it’s an issue if you print from an iOS device so he is posting out to me now 

I have previously raised this on an earlier thread this season (for the Huddersfield game) -  there is a simple solution that works -  change your printer settings to ‘print in black and white’ - the bar code then prints fine.

I now use primarily an IPad and IPhone for all my ‘stuff’ and this has solved the problem.

That said, as I only got the solution after I had contacted the Ticket Office - the latter were very helpful and agreed to send my Huddersfield tickets in the post free of charge. 

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hi @cidered abroad,

I am pleased to read you finally managed to download your Bolton ticket - it would seem that, not only do we share the same alma mater, but also a similar dependance on our younger family members for assistance with this new-fangled technology: not exactly the river Lethe, yet, but quite eye-opening, nevertheless.

Digressing slightly, I see that you were already using computers in 1978. I seem to recall that the quite modern company for whom I worked at that time received their first telex machine in 1978, and I remember well how we were informed that, not only should we use the telex sparingly (in order to maintain its sense of importance/urgency), but that we should handwrite our messages so that these might be typed in to the telex system by one of the senior secretaries.

Finally, the 'd' in 'decrepid' became a 't' around the time you left BGS ?.

Good Luck next Saturday.  

Thanks Phil. I did look at it and thought it finished with a 't' so don't know why I didn't change it. I've gone downhill in my old age as spelling was always 100% at school. Maybe the brain is clouded by all the other languages I've learned.

As for computers at work, the accounts dept were first and Purchasing which included stock control followed soon after. But the whirlwind changes of the last ten years have me struggling to keep up.

Archived