IGNORED

Ashton Gate pizza restaurant

kiwicolin

Today we are relaunching the new menu in pizzeria. 

The Bears pizza is for Rugby games. 

The Bears pizza is 

Pepperoni, sausage, San marzano, tomato Source, flor Di latte, basil, fresh chilli, nduja. 

We also will be relaunching a Robbins pizza next week. For football. 

Sounds very nice.

Wonder what the New Robins pizza is ? 

Notice they spelt Robins with 2 Bs.  

4 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Today we are relaunching the new menu in pizzeria. 

The Bears pizza is for Rugby games. 

The Bears pizza is 

Pepperoni, sausage, San marzano, tomato Source, flor Di latte, basil, fresh chilli, nduja. 

We also will be relaunching a Robbins pizza next week. For football. 

Sounds very nice.

Wonder what the New Robins pizza is ? 

Notice they spelt Robins with 2 Bs.  

Most Bbristol City fans will bbarely notice the mistake. Bballs to spellcheck, eh!

42 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I are nduja recently in Italy as an ingredient in a (very) spicy pasta Source. It's a speciality spreadable salami from the southern state of Calabria. Personally, I didn't like it much because it was very spicy - too hot for my taste.

Yeah, pretty hot, but doesn’t linger long.

49 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

On the subject of pizza, there used to be a really good pizza van on Aston Gate’s grounds outside the actual stadium. Anyone know why it’s not there? Competition with the official pizzeria?

Am I mistaken in that the Pizza van outside is now the inside pizzeria ? Thought I read somewhere that iit was so popular they were offered the gig inside when revamping the old restaurant.

The Clarks pie van outside the ground never needs a relaunch as the classic confection stands the test of time with its mix of concrete pastry on the outside and strange minced stuff in the middle 

11 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Am I mistaken in that the Pizza van outside is now the inside pizzeria ? Thought I read somewhere that iit was so popular they were offered the gig inside when revamping the old restaurant.

Well that was the old Doughballers I think but the full time gig inside went tits up a while ago. 

52 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The Clarks pie van outside the ground never needs a relaunch as the classic confection stands the test of time with its mix of concrete pastry on the outside and strange minced stuff in the middle 

indeed - the van has seen off all challengers , concessions,food stalls, meal deals, hot dogs, gourmet burgers, Devon chunk , toasties, and pizzas etc to remain THE premiere pre match food choice for the discerning City fan..........an essential stop between pub and ground without which no visit to Ashton Gate would be complete. I used to buy a Clarks pie from the shop on Gloucester Rd when I was a schoolboy bunking off  (back in c.1970 !) and they taste exactly the same today.

And at £1.90 the Flaky Pastie stands a proud champion of taste and value....................could do with being a bit hotter though!!

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

I believe it’s a separate company. Seen them at the basketball before in recent time, which then triggered the thought. In hindsight, of course.

It's about time we had vegan options at Ashton Gate. A vegan pizza would be a good start. Especially since the ground hosted the Vegfest last year. I was disappointed that City failed to respond to the opportunity to provide decent vegan fare to the growing number of people choosing to buy non-animal products. This is not a trendy fad, it is a shift in consciousness.

20 minutes ago, glastonred said:

It's about time we had vegan options at Ashton Gate. A vegan pizza would be a good start. Especially since the ground hosted the Vegfest last year. I was disappointed that City failed to respond to the opportunity to provide decent vegan fare to the growing number of people choosing to buy non-animal products. This is not a trendy fad, it is a shift in consciousness.

Get Eat A Pitta down there.

A better spent fiver you will struggle to find.

Talking of pizza 

Hi @LUFC, we’ve just seen a suspicious looking man peering through our chef’s window. Can you let us know if you’re planning to put Pizza on the menu in the club canteen?

Leeds, of course, were not going to miss the opportunity to come back with a witty response, replying:

But if you thought that was a win for Leeds, Pizza Hut hit back again with another ditty….

??...........2-1 pizza hut

21 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Top drawer nosebag indeed. Matched only in St. Nicks by Matina and the Sausage Man. 

Is that the Sausage Station fella? Went there last week for the first time during a fleeting trip back - blimey, would be very happy to eat there every day for the rest of my years! 

43 minutes ago, spudski said:

We were talking about this in the pub last night...foods that are traditional to areas...we couldn't think of one that stood out for Bristol.

Someone said Clarke's pies...but nothing concrete...pardon the pun.

Any thoughts?

Apples

Archived