IGNORED

Cole Skuse love in ending?

22A

The Ipswich fans thought they had a great deal when they signed Cole Skuse from us. Now though some of their fans, following ITFC's latest defeat, think it's time for him and others to go.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/452717/anybody-else-so-sick-of-the-club/#27

The captain and well paid senior professionals:- all I keep hearing is Skuse and Chambers have kept this club together. That would be believable if we weren’t about to be relegated with the lowest points total ever in this league. The owner said is in his recent interview we are 13th or thereabouts in the wage budget for our division so by my reckoning we have a load of overpaid (yes all footballers are overpaid) players from the top earner in Bart right down to the likes of Nydam on 3/4K a week. So it wouldn’t bother me one bit if we had a massive cull in the summer, these players got us relegated so are clearly not up to bringing us back to this division. 

Chambers, Skuse, Bart, Knudsen, Sears, ward, Adeyemi, Huws, the lot can be wiped out as far as I am concerned.

You simply at this moment in time can't make a valid case to keep any of them. 
At least next season our younger players will get more game time and the dross Hurst signed will be back at a level their more accustomed to. 
As for the senior players at the club they all need to go...

Agree with you that too many players are happy to take their wages but don't play with any passion . Did senior pros Skuse and Sears play like they were desperate to win , did they show any signs of encouraging others . 

Skuse and Chambers are not good enough, experience or not. Should have been replaced at least a year ago.

Although another poster suggests; Players of experience are important. Sears, Skuse and Chambers have all been fine. What we put around and alongside them hasn’t. 

They hate everyone because years of underinvestment in the squad are coming home to roost now that they got Mick fired and haven't been able to find another manager able to get anywhere near as much out of a mediocre squad.  The fans have themselves to blame there.

Skuse is the sort of player they're going to need in league one next season.

Skuse is 32 so it’s no surprise that his career is tailing off a bit.Playing in a struggling side doesn’t help, but part of the problem must be the meagre transfer budget Mic McCarthy had to operate with for years. The chickens are coming home to roost

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Decent player, but would he add much to our existing squad?

It seems to me that he comes into a category of players that we would have liked in the past, but we have moved on beyond. I don’t think he is better than Taylor or Weimann, I think we would be looking well above his level to replace them right now.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It seems to me that he comes into a category of players that we would have liked in the past, but we have moved on beyond. I don’t think he is better than Taylor or Weimann, I think we would be looking well above his level to replace them right now.

Yep, good statement.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I just went on to their forum and asked why they let Webster go..........it’ll be interesting to see what replies I get.

Probably due to their policy of doing things on the cheap. Sell decent players and only spend a fraction of the money on replacements

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I just went on to their forum and asked why they let Webster go..........it’ll be interesting to see what replies I get.

I'd hazaard a guess:

Spent more time out of the team through injury than in it & Ipswich has cash flow/liquidity/FFP problems, and therefore thought it was a good idea to get shot of him. And I for one applaud that decision.

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Probably due to their policy of doing things on the cheap. Sell decent players and only spend a fraction of the money on replacements

They’re not a happy lot over there - not surprising given their Championship position. 

One guy replied and said that I must be under the impression that their fans have a say in transfer matters........I put him right on that.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They’re not a happy lot over there - not surprising given their Championship position. 

One guy replied and said that I must be under the impression that their fans have a say in transfer matters........I put him right on that.

Just what they want 

A WUM on their forum asking why they let their best player go.......

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He’s an average player at this level - and now on the decline with a poor team.

Can see him coming back to City in a coaching role at some point. Decent guy and a City fan. 

We'll definitely go for him if we're (likely) still in the Championship next season.

Perfect fit for a player/coach role: Hometown club, personal fan, mate of head coach, loads of experience at this level, and most importantly: nice guy.

Great addition to a squad of ~28 players, even if he won't get many minutes on the pitch.

It’s funny how you have such a different perspective from outside of a club. I remember a thread on OTIB, before they sacked MM, saying they were lucky to have him and would really struggle without him.

At the same time the majority of Ipswich fans were calling for his head and saying what an awful job he was doing. We all know what happened next. 

Hindsight aye

4 minutes ago, Touch_my_butter said:

We'll definitely go for him if we're (likely) still in the Championship next season.

Perfect fit for a player/coach role: Hometown club, personal fan, mate of head coach, loads of experience at this level, and most importantly: nice guy.

Great addition to a squad of ~28 players, even if he won't get many minutes on the pitch.

It’s a no from me. 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

The Ipswich fans thought they had a great deal when they signed Cole Skuse from us. Now though some of their fans, following ITFC's latest defeat, think it's time for him and others to go.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/452717/anybody-else-so-sick-of-the-club/#27

The captain and well paid senior professionals:- all I keep hearing is Skuse and Chambers have kept this club together. That would be believable if we weren’t about to be relegated with the lowest points total ever in this league. The owner said is in his recent interview we are 13th or thereabouts in the wage budget for our division so by my reckoning we have a load of overpaid (yes all footballers are overpaid) players from the top earner in Bart right down to the likes of Nydam on 3/4K a week. So it wouldn’t bother me one bit if we had a massive cull in the summer, these players got us relegated so are clearly not up to bringing us back to this division. 

Chambers, Skuse, Bart, Knudsen, Sears, ward, Adeyemi, Huws, the lot can be wiped out as far as I am concerned.

You simply at this moment in time can't make a valid case to keep any of them. 
At least next season our younger players will get more game time and the dross Hurst signed will be back at a level their more accustomed to. 
As for the senior players at the club they all need to go...

Agree with you that too many players are happy to take their wages but don't play with any passion . Did senior pros Skuse and Sears play like they were desperate to win , did they show any signs of encouraging others . 

Skuse and Chambers are not good enough, experience or not. Should have been replaced at least a year ago.

Although another poster suggests; Players of experience are important. Sears, Skuse and Chambers have all been fine. What we put around and alongside them hasn’t. 

For me, Skuse could've been Premiership with a different personality. Tons of ability both skills and athletic, but was such a quiet lad. I hope we find a place for him, like we did for Scotty but he has probably put down roots over there?

24 minutes ago, Unan said:

It’s funny how you have such a different perspective from outside of a club. I remember a thread on OTIB, before they sacked MM, saying they were lucky to have him and would really struggle without him.

At the same time the majority of Ipswich fans were calling for his head and saying what an awful job he was doing. We all know what happened next. 

Hindsight aye

You see the same about Johnson when we're on a bad run.

Slaughtered on here, but seen many comments on forums of other clubs saying how he's done a good job here- even at the point of the bad runs.

20 minutes ago, Touch_my_butter said:

I’m pretty confident he’ll join City when his contract is up at Ipswich in a coaching role - assuming he has the relevant badges.

Played with LJ and they know each other well. 

Always thought he was over rated and people like to think they are smart by saying "he does the stuff most people don't notice" b*ll*cks. He'll put in the odd tackle but CDM he is not. Spends most of the time passing backwards or sideways and doesn't create or score. It was mental how people thought he was better than Marv. Having said that I think they should keep him for league 1, decent experienced professional which they'll need as we know L1 can be difficult. 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

The Ipswich fans thought they had a great deal when they signed Cole Skuse from us. Now though some of their fans, following ITFC's latest defeat, think it's time for him and others to go....

Well they got six good years out of him....so they haven’t got too much to moan about where Skuse is concerned...

Archived