IGNORED

Who is in goal when Niki is fit ?

TonyTonyTony

For the first time this season, LJ May have to pick who his number one goalie is once NM is back fit.

Who would be your choice ? 

Niki slotted in really well when FF was out in the first half of the season and performed really well. Frankie has come back and done very well.

Tough choice but IMHO I’d go for Niki

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

For the first time this season, LJ May have to pick who his number one goalie is once NM is back fit.

Niki slotted in really well when FF was out in the first half of the season and performed really well. Frankie has come back and done very well.

Could be the time for the tombola to come out of retirement? :whistle:

I think NM fills me with a little more confidence, the way he distributes and claims the ball. Equally it is FF shirt at the moment, and he has done nothing to lose it, and on that basis I would leave him with it. Can not argue with two clean sheets with the odd blinding save in there.

Very difficult one as it would be really harsh on Frankie...2 games and 2 clean sheets (league). Can’t ask much more than that.

Niki’s distribution is better but Frankie’s is improving. A few poor efforts yesterday, one to Da Silva in the first half springs to mind, but don’t think we can drop Frankie just yet. Depends on how he performs the next couple of games.

1 minute ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Frankie is a top class goalkeeper who has fought off any competition since we were promoted. He is the type of keeper that wins you games, Niki is a safe pair of hands but doesn’t have the blinding saves FF pulls off 

Partly because of his positioning....he doesn’t need to make blinding saves.

Having said that, take a look at this post with video.

28 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I think NM fills me with a little more confidence, the way he distributes and claims the ball. Equally it is FF shirt at the moment, and he has done nothing to lose it, and on that basis I would leave him with it. Can not argue with two clean sheets with the odd blinding save in there.

Did Nikki do anything to lose the shirt ? 

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Did Nikki do anything to lose the shirt ? 

Other than get injured, no. Equally it is 'opportunities' like that when they come along you ask their replacement to grasp, and Frankie has done that.

It's a tough one for sure. If you forced me to say which one I prefer, it is Nikki, but only by a fraction really.

12 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Frankie is a top class goalkeeper who has fought off any competition since we were promoted. He is the type of keeper that wins you games, Niki is a safe pair of hands but doesn’t have the blinding saves FF pulls off 

If he was a top class Keeper he would be playing at that level. Two thirds of a Keepers game is played with the feet and being adept at that aspect of the game wins games. Frank Fieldings footskills leave a lot to be desired. 

46 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Niki. 

1 minute ago, Garland-sweden said:

The corner direct in goal, that was, how should I put it, odd. One of the goals Bolton away and some more things, but no goals. NM is an good gk, but for me FF is better.

Wow....but all about opinions.  Neither are Jan Möller though! ?

To be brutal; Niki. 

Frankie has done well and would not disgrace any Championship side - I love him - it’s just fortunate for us - and UNfortunate for Frankie that we are blessed with an excellent Championship keeper and a very good Championship keeper on our books at the same time. 

We as a club are very lucky to have them both - but I can’t see Frankie staying next season whether we get promoted or not - and I for one would be very sad to see him go - but a goalkeepers job isn’t easily rotated and he will want to be number one on the team sheet - which he won’t be if a fit Maenpaa is available. 

Archived