13 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

senior reds dinner on Thursday 21 February

Don't sit in front of the telly watch "bad morning"

you get a guest speaker and have a chat with others mature City fans

If you don't like the meal I'll give you your money back

Don't be afraid

it easier to say no than yes

e-mail me for further details johngreatwestern@aol.com

Can I say I didn’t like the meal in advance and get yer dosh in my sky rocket?

Seriously though, regarding the thread title, if you are retired and under 55 can you still attend?

On 08/02/2019 at 08:30, Never to the dark side said:

senior reds dinner on Thursday 21 February

Don't sit in front of the telly watch "bad morning"

you get a guest speaker and have a chat with others mature City fans

If you don't like the meal I'll give you your money back

Don't be afraid

it easier to say no than yes

e-mail me for further details johngreatwestern@aol.com

Not that I can get to these whatever time they are, shouldn't you put the time of the event in there somewhere John ? You never know some may wrongly assume they can't make it.

47 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I think for the soup, @Robbored supplies the bowls ?

Tbh, the price of the luncheon has increased from a tenner to £17.50 in the few years I’ve been attending. Sadly the quality of the food has decreased over the same time period. It’s pretty ordinary now and not worth the money.

Over the last few months its begun to feel that we’re being ripped off and two of the guys on my table have stopped attending because of it.

I’m beginning to feel the same way.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Tbh, the price of the luncheon has increased from a tenner to £17.50 in the few years I’ve been attending. Sadly the quality of the food has decreased over the same time period. It’s pretty ordinary now and not worth the money.

Over the last few months its begun to feel that we’re being ripped off and two of the guys on my table have stopped attending because of it.

Contact the club and tell them who you are ???

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

17.50 for a 3 course meal? Sounds reasonable to me.

I’m a Senior Red and pay the princely sun of £7.50 per year for the privilege. I find the lunches very drawn out affairs with average food so rarely attend, unless it’s a good speaker - eg Steve Lansdown, Peter Latham, Geoff Twentyman. These sort of speakers are prepared to answer a wide variety of questions so the info you get is very interesting. Unfortunately I couldn’t attend when SL was the speaker before Christmas, and haven’t attended any others, this season. so I have paid my £7.50 just to stay at home. In a usual season I might attend twice maximum so spreading to £7.50 over the two lunches means they cost approx £21 each.  I’m doubting whether to bother to renew 

1 minute ago, Super said:

17.50 for a 3 course meal? Sounds reasonable to me.

It is reasonable, in a way, but it’s very average food and the whole event is rather slow. A lot of restaurants do lunchtime special offers for a similar price, or less, with better food and a lively atmosphere. 

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m a Senior Red and pay the princely sun of £7.50 per year for the privilege. I find the lunches very drawn out affairs with average food so rarely attend, unless it’s a good speaker - eg Steve Lansdown, Peter Latham, Geoff Twentyman. These sort of speakers are prepared to answer a wide variety of questions so the info you get is very interesting. Unfortunately I couldn’t attend when SL was the speaker before Christmas, and haven’t attended any others, this season. so I have paid my £7.50 just to stay at home. In a usual season I might attend twice maximum so spreading to £7.50 over the two lunches means they cost approx £21 each.  I’m doubting whether to bother to renew 

If Senior Reds have been paying to watch City for probably 40 years then the least the club could do is put on a free meal as a thanks for their support through thick and thin ( it's been mostly thin though).  Hiking the meal cost to a grab a few extra quid from those who are probably no longer working is a grubby act of greed IMO.

23 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

If Senior Reds have been paying to watch City for probably 40 years then the least the club could do is put on a free meal as a thanks for their support through thick and thin ( it's been mostly thin though).  Hiking the meal cost to a grab a few extra quid from those who are probably no longer working is a grubby act of greed IMO.

Nice sentiment but I’m sure none of us feel that we are worthy of a free lunch - the club is a business after all.

Im very much with  Pongo88 - I’m beginning select when I attend theses days. To me it’s about the speaker. This month it’s the Head Groundsman and I’m meh about it.

I see Pete Woods most pre matches in the SC&T bar and he is now involved in Seniore Reds in an official capacity and have spoken to him about the food and the speakers and I’m sure he’ll pass on the feedback to the committee.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nice sentiment but I’m sure none of us feel that we are worthy of a free lunch - the club is a business after all.

Im very much with  Pongo88 - I’m beginning select when I attend theses days. To me it’s about the speaker. This month it’s the Head Groundsman and I’m meh about it.

I see Pete Woods most pre matches in the SC&T bar and he is now involved in Seniore Reds in an official capacity and have spoken to him about the food and the speakers and I’m sure he’ll pass on the feedback to the committee.

I didn't know that he was involved with the PA system. That's interesting, something might get done now.

Archived