IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly (Merged)

Spoons

LJ made the right decision to take him off today at half time but really hope someone looks after him ' gives him a hug etc' tonight because he looks a player shot on confidence.

He's s young player who will make mistakes but I he's our young player so let's let him make those mistakes to make him better in the future.

Let's just remember also he's a left sided centre back and not a left back, this showed clearly tonight with the introduction of Da Silva ( a natural left back).

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Yeh no need to be too harsh on him. He started off poor and never recovered but he will be a class act for City. 

Only when he stops being so casual. If he can't get that out of his game then he's already found his level. Every other outfield player (except perhaps Fam) spots and delivers passes more reliably. His mistakes tonight might have cost us if QPR hadn't been so abject.

I know he can do it but he needs to start proving it.

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Just an off game. Seen plenty of games where he’s stood out as one of the best on the pitch so no harm. Chin up Lloydey!

Not sure this is true he was taken off at half time - the last time he played at home.

He just seems to be taking too long to decide and then over hitting or misplacing too many passes.

Give us our Lloyd back...

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

LJ made the right decision to take him off today at half time but really hope someone looks after him ' gives him a hug etc' tonight because he looks a player shot on confidence.

He's s young player who will make mistakes but I he's our young player so let's let him make those mistakes to make him better in the future.

Let's just remember also he's a left sided centre back and not a left back, this showed clearly tonight with the introduction of Da Silva ( a natural left back).

Spot on . A game like he had tonight will make him stronger. Learn from your mistakes 

1 minute ago, Xiled said:

Only when he stops being so casual. If he can't get that out of his game then he's already found his level. Every other outfield player (except perhaps Fam) spots and delivers passes more reliably. His mistakes tonight might have cost us if QPR hadn't been so abject.

I know he can do it but he needs to start proving it.

This. A key part of improving as a player is learning from your mistakes which he just doesn’t seem to. 

Bags of potential but frustrating to keep seeing him make the same mistakes repeatedly, especially when they’re so basic.

Looks completely shot of confidence. Doesn’t look to run forward always checks back and lays it to Webster - not sure whether this is him being told to do this by LJ because Dasilva certainly doesn’t do this. Couple of times got caught in possession when trying silly cruyff turn inside our own half. 

Dont get me wrong I think the lad will be class but right now he needs an arm round his shoulder and a rocket up his arse to get back to his early season form.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Start him against Wolves, an early chance to redeem himself. Come on Lloyd.

So would I.

Give him another go, throw him straight in to prove himself in a short space of time. Doesn’t matter if we lose, all about getting that confidence back.

5 minutes ago, Hocca said:

He shouldn’t start again this season. He’s become a liability and it’s stupid to leave a quality left back in Dasilva on the bench

Me and @Leveller having a bit of a discussion of match day thread....and i’m not excusing Lloyd’s performance - he was way off tonight, but O’Dowda made some really poor angles (hiding behind Kelly’s man), and Fam not running the channel when he did.  It was as if the runners / movement were out of sync.  I really wanted Lloyd to drive inside, and on the one occasion he did burst forward he got to the line and put in a great cross.

But as above, not Lloyd’s night.  He’s played a big part this season, he’ll come again....he’s still a big talent 25-30 games into his career.

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

You what..... He shouldn't start again this season?? I think we will leave that for LJ mate. 

It’s not a one off, he’s been under performing ever since rumours of a move to the prem come around. I like him but I just think keep him out of the firing line whilst we have a top left back in Dasilva here.

2 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Looks completely shot of confidence. Doesn’t look to run forward always checks back and lays it to Webster - not sure whether this is him being told to do this by LJ because Dasilva certainly doesn’t do this. Couple of times got caught in possession when trying silly cruyff turn inside our own half. 

Dont get me wrong I think the lad will be class but right now he needs an arm round his shoulder and a rocket up his arse to get back to his early season form.

Silly cruyf turns are a recurring theme. West Brom away he lost the ball for a goal. Has great attributes to be a very good player but far to casual recently when played. Add this to low confidence and he doesn't look half the player earlier in the season. Think that must be the reason for him not attacking full backs, the one time he did tonight he put in a great cross!! Needs to keep plugging away and improve on his concentration and I'm sure he will be fine.

Absolute bobbins again.

maybe the talk of Liverpool, Spurs interest etc. has affected him, but he looked like a rabbit in the headlights again tonight.

Positionally naive, tries to jog through the game like a Poundland Van Dijk. 

Thats the second half time hook he’s had recently, and I think he may be due a rest from the starting XI for the next few games.

Dasilva should have started after his performance on Saturday.

Archived