IGNORED

Tonight’s games (Merged)

Unan

3 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Can't see Boro winning at Sheff Utd which they have to do if they are going to jump over us, also no mean feat to score 3 goals against anyone in this division without reply, who would have thought that every game except ours would have been a draw last night, Rotherham scoring 2 at another form team, Hull, I think we'll still be 5th tomorrow.

Brum lost to Bolton ?

8 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Ipswich looked very good vs Norwich until they crumbled after 2nd goal. Wouldn't be surprised if they give Derby a good game.

Personally think that with Sears out for the rest of the season they might struggle to get the 6 points they need to avoid having the lowest ever points tally in the C'ship.

11 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Preston playing some good stuff at the moment. Suspect that game will be as hard as any we have left.

I noticed this too- they seem to be playing more football now than in the past.

A good indicator is the number of goals, a second one is the possession stats- however while it will pose new challenges, it can also pose new opportunities i.e. us having a good chance to counter on them at their place- less opportunity in previous games given how they often set up v us.

@RUSSEL85 Odd that, because this will be the first time since 2014/15 we have as appears likely, have finished higher in the pyramid than Preston. Would only be the 2nd time in 6 seasons too.

First time since 2012/13 that we will probably finish above Brentford in the League pyramid too.

10 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I'm sure both teams have had better final positions than us in the league these last 3 seasons?! hahaha

Indeed.

Last time we finished above Preston? 2014/15.

Last time we were higher than Brentford in the pyramid was 2012/13 and they have been one of the best footballing sides in this League anyway so I definitely wouldn't put them in that category.

Archived