IGNORED

18,000 pints

JasonM88

13 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Agreed - I wonder what the comparison is prior to redevelopment?

Considably less I’d imagine especially when Lindleys had the franchise. 

Since the revamp there are far more outlets both outside and in the concourse so that alone would increase consumption.

18000 pints - roughly one pint per head...........:cool2:

19 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Agreed - I wonder what the comparison is prior to redevelopment?

Sure I read somewhere that pre rebuild we were turning over about £250/300k per season at the concessions, compared to last season, which turned over more that £3million..? 

MASSIVE increase!! 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Since the revamp there are far more outlets both outside and in the concourse so that alone would increase consumption.

It’s a lot more than 18000 heads but glad to see the club doing well out of it

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

18000 pints - roughly one pint per head.

1/2 pint per head , 36,000 over the 2 games. Still impressive, and I doubt they were selling much more than a 10th of that before.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Isn't it a half a pint per head ?

9 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Shows how things have changed.

Time was when 18,000 pints would have been the consumption of our first team squad in a normal week!

That's the problem with modern football; the players are so cosseted that they don't see throwing wheelie bins at each other round the back of Romeo Brown's as a decent night out.

8 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Doubt it

I would think so. 

Last official word I had from someone who’d know, within the club, was that head for head, there are about 3 times more pints bought at rugby than at football at AG. 

I guess they have considerably longer window, being able to drink whilst watching the game, but I was surprised at the difference. 

Am I the only one who isn't that impressed by that figure? 

1 pint for every two people across two sports with a bigger selling window during rugby.

Of course we need to take into account the U18s in these figures.

Personally I buy 4/5 pints per game. I'm certain I'm not the only one that does that. So out of 36 thousand people I would hazard a guess at only 10 thousand people are actually buying a pint.

I would be too chuffed with those figures if I was in charge. 

Yes it's better than pre development but is that the furthest we want to go with our ambitions? 

We need to look at why we are having so few people buying pints. I'd suggest it's a combination of prices and the time it takes to be served plus factors such as lack of places to rest a pint and lack of toilet facilities.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

1 pint for every two people across two sports with a bigger selling window during rugby.

Personally I buy 4/5 pints per game. I'm certain I'm not the only one that does that. So out of 36 thousand people I would hazard a guess at only 10 thousand people are actually buying a pint.

Yes it's better than pre development but is that the furthest we want to go with our ambitions? 

We need to look at why we are having so few people buying pints. I'd suggest it's a combination of prices and the time it takes to be served plus factors such as lack of places to rest a pint and lack of toilet facilities.

Don’t forget that brum game was a Tuesday night which would have an effect compared to a Saturday game ... I would think anyway 

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Umm... some people don’t want five pints a game? Some people are kids? Some are (gasp) women? I think it’s probably a fairly decent ratio across the entire mix of the support. 

7 hours ago, The Bard said:

I bet the vast majority of beer was sold at the rugby.  

6 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Doubt it

I have said this before and been knocked for it but I am going to say it again as it is the closest to ITK I have ever been. I was chatting to someone at the Bolton game who is high up in the club catering. He said the rugby easily outstrip the football fans when it comes to bars spending. The Man Utd game generated something like £37k across 11 bars. The Bears v Bath game, a similar attendance, £123k. Admittedly The football was a night match and the rugby was on a Bank Holiday, but still a huge difference.

Archived