IGNORED

18,000 pints

JasonM88

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I am a bit pissed.......too many pints after bowls........I should know better.........:disapointed2se:

Well, if there was you and 6 others and you had an average of 2 pints each... would that make a combined total of 36,000 pints..?!

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well, if there was you and 6 others and you had an average of 2 pints each... would that make a combined total of 36,000 pints..?!

No, but he'd still make himself look stupid by trying to convince us all that it would.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I am a bit pissed.......too many pints after bowls........I should know better.........:disapointed2se:

You should have to take a breathalyser test before you're allowed to post on the internet. If you can breathe you shouldn't be allowed.

1 minute ago, RED4LIFE said:

You should have to take a breathalyser test before you're allowed to post on the internet. If you can breathe you shouldn't be allowed.

I hope he’s not driving any Rovers fans to Scunthorpe tomorrow..! 

16 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Only 10am, meh part timer. 

I'm down at AG on the Thursday before a Saturday match soaking up the pre match atmosphere, it means I can get at least 140 pints in before kick off...

Thursday before? You are lucky. 

I’m there at 10am the season before,  watching Neil Kilkenny pointing for 29 hours a day, and paying Steve Lansdown permission to be there a season early, and when I got to the game Bas Savage would miss a sitter and Liam Fontaine would score an own goal and I’d drink at least 200 gallons of thatchers Gold.

But you try and tell the young people that today, they wouldn’t believe you.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Because I’d been offered the chance to refurb the old Rising sun and turn it into Bar BS3. 

I guess the rebrand never really worked seeing as it’s reverted back to the RS. Not a pub I’m a fan of as it goes, always preferred the Coopers (soz) but I wonder if it’s either (1) worth more for redevelopment or (2) ripe for gentrification given the impending high density development on the old brewery site. 

Given you used to run it then, what % of the takings did a matchday account for? It’s always struck me as a matchday boozer tbh 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

I guess the rebrand never really worked seeing as it’s reverted back to the RS. Not a pub I’m a fan of as it goes, always preferred the Coopers (soz) but I wonder if it’s either (1) worth more for redevelopment or (2) ripe for gentrification given the impending high density development on the old brewery site. 

Given you used to run it then, what % of the takings did a matchday account for? It’s always struck me as a matchday boozer tbh 

That pub, if run correctly is a potential gold mine but unfortunately it hasn't been run correctly for many years now.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

I don’t think that’s correct, although understand the assumption. “Bar BS3” was the period that the Riser did its best business in modern times. I think the switch back was purely personal preference and an attempt to revert to more “traditional”

During it’s busiest period (2007-2010) BS3 was doing about 40% of its trade on a matchday, iirc.

It was pre AG development, so was heaving on matchdays, although it was also pre Rugby. 

Of course matchdays were great for business, but then non matchdays we’d have more entertainment and functions to keep trade up, which weren’t as easy to accomodate after the “operation” of a busy matchday. 

Matchdays at Bar BS3 used to take up to 5 times what we used to take at the Ship & Castle or The Robins. 

It’s always a bit sad to see the “ghost” of what it was then, now. But I’m also fully aware how difficult it is to get a pub to the levels that we had there. The workload and strain that it puts on  whoever is running it & the bastard pubcomoany owners who squeeze as much as they can out of you, rather than be happy to enjoy and share its success. 

9 hours ago, Selred said:

Thursday before? You are lucky. 

I’m there at 10am the season before,  watching Neil Kilkenny pointing for 29 hours a day, and paying Steve Lansdown permission to be there a season early, and when I got to the game Bas Savage would miss a sitter and Liam Fontaine would score an own goal and I’d drink at least 200 gallons of thatchers Gold.

But you try and tell the young people that today, they wouldn’t believe you.

That's rubbish. I finished my drinking for today's match against Leeds back in 2014. I had a total of 34,432 pints. Since last Tuesday I've been drinking for the January 2023 fixture against Liverpool (our fourth straight season in the Premiership since promotion in three months). I've already notched up nearly 400 pints. I've also eaten 687 pasties for said fixture.

Don't tell me I'm not doing my bit. Although Tommy is still ahead of me.

38 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

@Bar BS3 you are right about the skittles etc, I had forgot about that!

The Wurzels at the ship for promotion was great, I had forgot about that.

Out of interest are you still in the pub game? 

Not directly, no. After the pubs I went I Toruń a social club for a large employer. Still doing that, 9 years on..! 

Monday-Friday job, so works out much better than the 24/7 pub game and I’ve got a 4 year old boy now. Pubs (& lifestyle of it) wouldn’t be a suitable place to bring a kid up, soits worked out well. 

I certainly miss some of the good times, but overall I don’t think I’d want to go back to it again.  

Archived