IGNORED

Korey

The Original OTIB

Fantastic to see Korey back playing again!

I’m sure we will (need) to be patient and build him up to full strength slowly, so wouldn’t expect to see him in first team action for a few weeks yet, but what a boost that would be, if we are still serious challengers for the top 6, by the time a fully fit Korey is available for selection..! 

I’m surprised this topic hasn’t had more replies..

Absolutely fantastic news to have this guy back on the pitch. A fit and firing Korey Smith is one of the first names on the team sheet for me, although one fears by the time he’s back to his best it will be a little too late.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Excellent news. Korey is exactly what we've been missing recently

Is it?  

What will Smith bring that Pack and Brownhill don’t already have?

What his availability will do is provide LJ with more options in the midfield and that is certainly excellent news. It can’t be long before Walsh is back either.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Is it?  

What his availability will do is provide LJ with more options in the midfield and that is certainly excellent news. It can’t be long before Walsh is back either.

Fresh legs 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So you’d drop either Pack or Brownhill to accomdate Smith?    :dunno:

To be fair Robbored, and it's all about opinions, Marlon has looked shattered in the last couple of games, as has Josh to be fair. 

I do appreciate they should be rested after our break but having another player of that type available can only be a positive, depending on Koreys' fitness levels.

16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair Robbored, and it's all about opinions, Marlon has looked shattered in the last couple of games, as has Josh to be fair. 

I do appreciate they should be rested after our break but having another player of that type available can only be a positive, depending on Koreys' fitness levels.

Exactly. @Robbored, they wouldn’t be dropped as such but allowed to rest and recover and give knocks have more times to heal. It would take some pressure off as these two have pretty much carried the midfield load all season. Maybe Korey will be able to get a couple of games in towards the end of the season, I don’t think we can realistically expect too much more after such a long time out. 

47 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Is it?  

He will be like a new signing, Brownhill looks like he has been flogged after 60 mins in most games. We need the energy. 

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Is it?  

IMO, a fit Korey is the best of those 3. His positional sense & reading of the game has been missed imo during some games. Against Leeds in particular it was like a hot potato in the midfield area, he brings a composure to our game, that I feel we’ve  missed at times. Those 3 in midfield would also be interesting to see with 3 ahead of them. COYR  

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'd rotate them depending on the game. Not doubting Pack's or Brownhill's ability, but they don't have the same physicality as Korey and both have looked like they have burnt out recently. Smith isn't going to be spraying around 40 yard passes for example, but he can bring tenacity to the midfield in the games that we need it, we certainly lacked it against Ipswich. 

25 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

IMO, a fit Korey is the best of those 3. His positional sense & reading of the game has been missed imo during some games. Against Leeds in particular it was like a hot potato in the midfield area, he brings a composure to our game, that I feel we’ve  missed at times. Those 3 in midfield would also be interesting to see with 3 ahead of them. COYR  

Composure is exactly the word. 

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Can anyone really expect Korey to make a difference this season ?  Coming back from a knee injury that before 'modern' & recent surgery  techniques  would have finished a player ? ?

I really hope I am proved wrong, but do not expect him to be 'what he was 'for a while yet. 

I agree completely, it took him a long time to recover last time from a big injury. Would be surprised if he starts a game this season still.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’d drop him for Brownhill, last few games he looks shagged after about 10mins, hardly suprising though given the amount of minutes he’s played this season.

If Korey is fully fit, I would play him in the holding role and give Marlon a bit more creative freedom in the middle.  I would play Josh on the right side of midfield and we have a number of contenders who can vie for a berth on the left.

This all depends upon general fitness,  which formation is suitable for a particular game and what threat our opponents pose that we may wish to cancel out.

15 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If Korey is fully fit, I would play him in the holding role and give Marlon a bit more creative freedom in the middle.  I would play Josh on the right side of midfield and we have a number of contenders who can vie for a berth on the left.

This all depends upon general fitness,  which formation is suitable for a particular game and what threat our opponents pose that we may wish to cancel out.

I'd be tempted, if all 3 are fit, to rotate them. Josh and Marlon are looking a bit knackered. Korey wont be match fit for a while though.

20 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'd be tempted, if all 3 are fit, to rotate them. Josh and Marlon are looking a bit knackered. Korey wont be match fit for a while though.

20-25 minutes at the end to start with as a sub for Josh or Marlon depending on who`s knackered or if we want to go to a more defensive shape to see a game out would be my thought.

Archived