IGNORED

Millwall Travel

MattWSM

1 hour ago, Super said:

West Brom will still be going for the win on Sunday as they will still try to finish 3rd and miss Villa in the playoffs. Certainly a chance Derby won't win either game. However I don't think we will beat Millwall.

That's true, but Leeds have Ipswich so they might not be that bothered as Leeds would have to lose for them to catch up!

Let's just all go to Millwall and support the boys...:) We live in hope which is no different to the last 40 years of following City. Life as a city fan never boring always something to fight for up or down during the latter stages of every season. Never mediocrity.

37 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

And let’s not forget Boro travel to already relegated Rotherham.

No doubt they will spoil the last day party if we can get to the last day but at least we can say we got to the last day in  the 4th best league in Europe.

Trying to do a rallying cry here. Haha

Suggestions for a suitable parking spot south for post game convenience? 

Arriving from east London but will be parking up and travelling (tube/train) back centrally for a pre drink. Driving back to Bristol after.

@Olé it’s more your area I guess so hoping you’ve insight!

General street parking I assume as it’s largely permit free from memory but anywhere obvious to avoid and/or aim for?

6 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Suggestions for a suitable parking spot south for post game convenience? 

Arriving from east London but will be parking up and travelling (tube/train) back centrally for a pre drink. Driving back to Bristol after.

@Olé it’s more your area I guess so hoping you’ve insight!

General street parking I assume as it’s largely permit free from memory but anywhere obvious to avoid and/or aim for?

I can only speak to south of the ground (Lewisham) where I live, from my perspective on all other sides of the Den you've got industrial estate, the giant refuse processing plant, and a small estate (Bramcote) which you may have some luck parking in, but I wouldn't want to park round there anyway. Then if you go any further you are into Rotherhithe and Bermondsey Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) which are permit only until about 7pm so not really an option given your plans.

As many will remember from the old Den, south of the ground is a rabbit warren given the convergence of different railway lines and railway bridges, but it is Lewisham which has far fewer CPZs - none south of the ground. In fact, once you head off Surrey Canal Road, I have seen away fans parking on Mercury Way and Cold Blow Lane itself, which is now the edge of a modern housing estate (think cul-de-sacs etc). The only issue round here is it's a rat run for cars after the game.

That's as close as you will park to the ground (literally a few minutes away), but keep down Cold Blow Lane and you'll come into the Hatcham Conservation Area in New Cross (around Camplin and Brocklehurt Streets) - it's a bit like Bedminster/Southville, rows of streets of terraced houses, fairly gentrified. Park anywhere round there, and you can be out quickly onto the A2 (Old Kent Road) or A202 through Peckham to Vauxhall and over the bridge onto the Embankment and home.

Keep in mind if you're heading back into Lewisham after the game, they lock the gates of the away end for up to 15 minutes or more until home fans have dispersed. The only way out immediately at full time is via the walkway to the station platform, and 99% of away fans use this. Worth keeping in mind if you really do need a quick exit - you could possibly find pay-for parking somewhere near London Bridge - I know there's an NCP - though being near the City it won't be cheap!

3 hours ago, Olé said:

I can only speak to south of the ground (Lewisham) where I live, from my perspective on all other sides of the Den you've got industrial estate, the giant refuse processing plant, and a small estate (Bramcote) which you may have some luck parking in, but I wouldn't want to park round there anyway. Then if you go any further you are into Rotherhithe and Bermondsey Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) which are permit only until about 7pm so not really an option given your plans.

As many will remember from the old Den, south of the ground is a rabbit warren given the convergence of different railway lines and railway bridges, but it is Lewisham which has far fewer CPZs - none south of the ground. In fact, once you head off Surrey Canal Road, I have seen away fans parking on Mercury Way and Cold Blow Lane itself, which is now the edge of a modern housing estate (think cul-de-sacs etc). The only issue round here is it's a rat run for cars after the game.

That's as close as you will park to the ground (literally a few minutes away), but keep down Cold Blow Lane and you'll come into the Hatcham Conservation Area in New Cross (around Camplin and Brocklehurt Streets) - it's a bit like Bedminster/Southville, rows of streets of terraced houses, fairly gentrified. Park anywhere round there, and you can be out quickly onto the A2 (Old Kent Road) or A202 through Peckham to Vauxhall and over the bridge onto the Embankment and home.

Keep in mind if you're heading back into Lewisham after the game, they lock the gates of the away end for up to 15 minutes or more until home fans have dispersed. The only way out immediately at full time is via the walkway to the station platform, and 99% of away fans use this. Worth keeping in mind if you really do need a quick exit - you could possibly find pay-for parking somewhere near London Bridge - I know there's an NCP - though being near the City it won't be cheap!

Basically, it's bollocks and always was going back to 70's / 80's. Lived around there for many dangerous years but many good times as well. Funny how residents of last 10 years or so love it / "Talk it up". Totally different now. 

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Basically, it's bollocks and always was going back to 70's / 80's. Lived around there for many dangerous years but many good times as well. Funny how residents of last 10 years or so love it / "Talk it up". Totally different now. 

You talking Millwall away or? The fearsome rep.

Since 2002, they've had a separate walkway from South Bermondsey station to the away end- that's quite something!

Yet at the same time, makes it one of the safest away games in the country. Apparently according to their forum, stewards there getting stricter in home ends now. ?

5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

DON'T FORGET IF YOU MISS EITHER THE 22:45pm or the 23:30PM

THERE AIN'T ANY OF THESE ANY MORE

DSC01692_zpsybbkcw1n.jpg

DSC01693_zpsubvld7vp.jpg

That is peak NTTDS - well done mate, good to see you still churning out some high quality posts after all of these years. 

Archived