IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

53 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He’s a gas legend. Apparently..!

I hope the “Play with a legend” organisers are providing the inclusive water & energy drinks. Otherwise they are very likely to be out of date. 

Sure it is at the Mem? 

I would have thought they'd have advertised their Championship ready sprinklers.

• Like 1

If we're 'the 2012 'ers', is it just me that thinks it's ironic that we've done more in 6 1/2 years than they've EVER done? 

If I were one of them (yeuch!!) :nono:, I think I would be giving posts some thought before trying to take the piss out of the far bigger, better supported (by an absolute mile), just better in every way, club up the road tbh.

I shall now proceed to the toilet where I shall vomit profusely after saying 'if I were one of them'. ?  

8 hours ago, MC26 said:

One of them has actually taken the time to draw a cock on our badge. They're a bit weird aren't they? 

image.png.9533f6c8639edbffa780486eb75f8352.png

Ah, cock robin! Which reminds me of that famous quote:

If the answer is “Cock Robin”, what was the question?

“What’s that up my arse Batman?”

Edited by East End Old Boy
  • Haha 1

They seem to think they are buildiing a new stadium at the fruit market all the busineses from autochoice all down the road including ed wares scrapyard have been sold and student accomadation being built and stadium at the fruit market please dont shoot the messanger source comes from someone inside club just thought id share

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Their kit = unique(ish) (nobody else apart from some Spanish lower league team would be seen fldead in that monstrosity.

everton_1884-1885-g.gif Everton 1884- 1886 (over 130 years ago) http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Everton/Everton.htm

shrewsbury_town_1907-1908-k.gifShrewsbury 1907-1910 (over 100 years ago) http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Shrewsbury_Town/Shrewsbury_Town.htm

If they want real unique, go back to 1895-1896 http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_Rovers/Bristol_Rovers.htm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

They seem to think they are buildiing a new stadium at the fruit market all the busineses from autochoice all down the road including ed wares scrapyard have been sold and student accomadation being built and stadium at the fruit market please dont shoot the messanger source comes from someone inside club just thought id share

What an awful location, given existing traffic, local facilities etc. Can't think where they'll enjoy a pre-match meal and a drink. 

Proper arse end of Bristol there. 

Very few Rovers fans will be within walking distance so they'll have a huge proportion driving. 

Suits them down to the ground. 

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

I thought ed ware is a property developer cant see him being in the scrap game.....

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Their anthem = stolen (from Plymouth)

Their ground/campsite = Stolen (From Bristol Rugby)

Their colours = probably copied from us, as we used to play in Blue, before they did. 

Their nickname (Gas) = Stolen/adopted from a previous slur. Unique because nobody else would be moronic enough to embrace such a stupid nickname. 

Thier official nickname = see comment on Club Badge. 

Their kit = unique(ish) (nobody else apart from some Spanish lower league team would be seen fldead in that monstrosity.

Their support = Bang average/poor, considering the size of the City they are based in*

*currently based in, now that they are back from Bath, but until they move out to South Gloucestershire. 

Their club badge = Unique, because no other club would attach themselves proudly to “pirates” who are infamous for Rape & Pillage. Kind of appropriate for them though, given their recent history. 

Your points are all right to be honest, except I kind of disagree with the Plymouth one. Considering they only sang it for a grand total of 45 minutes before we equalised and I believe went onto win the game. I wouldn't consider it stolen because it wasn't ever a club anthem. 

Did anyone see apparently City were supposed to get Hudson-Odoi but the deal fell through last minute. Would've pushed City to definite automatic promotion contenders imo

Edited by bodin

15 minutes ago, bodin said:

Your points are all right to be honest, except I kind of disagree with the Plymouth one. Considering they only sang it for a grand total of 45 minutes before we equalised and I believe went onto win the game. I wouldn't consider it stolen because it wasn't ever a club anthem. 

Did anyone see apparently City were supposed to get Hudson-Odoi but the deal fell through last minute. Would've pushed City to definite automatic promotion contenders imo

I can’t work out why Plymouth, or Rovers, fans would want to sing some dirge about an American Prostitute. Maybe Plymouth realised how bad it was and happily let you lay claim to it. You can have that one..!

I’ve not heard heard anything about Hudson-Odoi ever being linked with us. When was that supposed to be..? It can’t have been recent, if he’s now in the England team, surely..?

Does seem like the kind of player that we’d have enquired about at some point though, so may well have tried. Obviously no chance in hell now though..! 

Edited by Bar BS3

22 minutes ago, bodin said:

Heard that too, and that we were supposed to get Solanke on loan before Liverpool got transfer bids.

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Heard that too, and that we were supposed to get Solanke on loan before Liverpool got transfer bids.

Well if either are true, then it’s great that we are even considered as an option for that level of player, although they must have been fairly ambitious efforts. 

Obviously not much help, if they don’t actually come off, but at least it would show that we were trying to get what we needed. 

• Like 1

So a consortium taking over, how does that work ? Will they be carried down Gloucester Road as one or carried down individually, lots to think about for the sags, I would imagine they will be coming for us of course as that's all that seems to matter to most of them.

• Like 2

Responding to another sag who suggested they should look at a 30,000+ stadium, another one suggested... 

"We could if we were ever run correctly and had someone to invest in our potential.Anything less than a 20-25k arena seems pointless building for a club like us." 

Where is this potential they talk of? What do they have that other clubs with c8,000 fans don't have?

We average 20,000 and have been in the Championship for a number of years with a decent budget. Our stadium is plenty big enough for the foreseeable future. Their own potential is drastically affected by our own success. 

Overestimating your own worth and potential can prove a very costly mistake. They need a tidy 12,000 stadium like Bournemouth. One which they could fill once or twice a season if they win the odd FA Cup game or host a concert. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Responding to another sag who suggested they should look at a 30,000+ stadium, another one suggested... 

"We could if we were ever run correctly and had someone to invest in our potential.Anything less than a 20-25k arena seems pointless building for a club like us." 

Where is this potential they talk of? What do they have that other clubs with c8,000 fans don't have?

We average 20,000 and have been in the Championship for a number of years with a decent budget. Our stadium is plenty big enough for the foreseeable future. Their own potential is drastically affected by our own success. 

Overestimating your own worth and potential can prove a very costly mistake. They need a tidy 12,000 stadium like Bournemouth. One which they could fill once or twice a season if they win the odd FA Cup game or host a concert. 

They want a stadium with a capacity of 27,001. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, weepywall said:

So a consortium taking over, how does that work ? Will they be carried down Gloucester Road as one or carried down individually, lots to think about for the sags, I would imagine they will be coming for us of course as that's all that seems to matter to most of them.

Presumably it will be an open top bus tour. They couldn`t get their deposit back on the one they booked for this coming Monday.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bodin said:

So Plymouth fans sang it in game against you and from then on you’ve sang it yourselves? Stolen then. Just because they only sang it for 45mins means nothing, weren’t you lot only in a relegation zone for 45mins before? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

'No history, no friends, no class, no style and to top it off, a shat badge. They are brilliant.'

A quote of Gaschat. 

I honestly think he's describing rovers. 

(Apart from obviously the fact that they are completely loved by Sunderland fans...) 

Eh?! You’ve ‘liked’ a couple of posts recently on this thread saying we shouldn’t be ‘rude’ about roverzzz and ‘unwelcoming’ to our sag guests as it will ‘upset’ the sag visitors on here....now you’re being ‘rude’ to them by suggesting they have ‘no history, no friends, no class and a shat badge’ .... interesting.....and you’ve also ‘liked’ other recent posts saying things like calling them ‘a bunch of *****s’ - how rude is that?! You seem confused.....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...