IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ve not heard heard anything about Hudson-Odoi ever being linked with us. When was that supposed to be..? It can’t have been recent, if he’s now in the England team, surely..?

Does seem like the kind of player that we’d have enquired about at some point though, so may well have tried. Obviously no chance in hell now though..! 

Unless I am mistaken, this was mentioned some time ago by @Kid in the Riot.

It is possible, however, that he mentioned Solanke, or perhaps even both. 

5 hours ago, harrys said:

Naughty boy Miah, personally i’m delighted we’ve got the robin back, shame the suspension bridge is missing 

I was teasing a bit, but I am delighted to say I genuinely do think it's a bit naff. I don't think anyone could deny your robin/bridge badge of the 70s was a bit of a classic, but this latest thing?

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it’s rather strange to comment about another club’s badge when your own club’s biggest change in recent years is to install Championship ready sprinklers and a new tent. 

You're forgetting our state of the art electronic turnstile system :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

FB_IMG_1553870265244.jpg

I still like it and the polls suggest that getting on for half of us do, whether it is a success is dependent on about a 3rd who have declared themselves indifferent. 

edit: reread the latest poll.

Edited by Port Said Red

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Unless I am mistaken, this was mentioned some time ago by @Kid in the Riot.

It is possible, however, that he mentioned Solanke, or perhaps even both. 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It was in the post yesterday, LJ confirmed we had an interest.

Yep, I mentioned it a month or so ago. Happened in the summer. Also mentioned Solanke 

On 28/03/2019 at 13:06, Eddie Hitler said:

Or as my cut-price Italy purchased knock-off tape titled it:

"Fesh" Fruit for Rotting Vegetables.

I liked it a lot until somebody pointed out that, with the exception of California Uber Alles all the tracks sounded absolutely identical.

The next time I listened to it I had to agree that he was spot on; which spoilt it somewhat.

Angus from AC/DC 

I'm sick and tired of people saying that we put out 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we've put out 12 albums that sound exactly the same.

• Interview with Jim Farber (February 27, 2000). 
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

FB_IMG_1553870265244.jpg

To be fair, anytime a club does something like this, they are there to be shot at.

It's a bold move for sure but it's mostly been well received. It's hardly an embarrassment and yet again we at least try to move forward if not perfectly so.

How are things at your more traditional, 'quirky' club? Any longevity in that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I thought today was the day that Wael was to be carried out of the Mem and down the Gloucester Road for the last time as a new owner walked up the apples and pears (see what I did there?) to box 1?  So did the man go? :facepalm:

Half day closing down the fruit market, so it won't happen until tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I thought today was the day that Wael was to be carried out of the Mem and down the Gloucester Road for the last time as a new owner walked up the apples and pears (see what I did there?) to box 1?  So did the man go? :facepalm:

Someone managed to sneak in and take a photo inside the Mem earlier ....

yellow-fruits-on-ground-4200x2258_82695.

17 hours ago, bodin said:

I've never chucked one insult, and the only person i've ridiculed has been the 6 foot 4 of pure rage who said they wanted to fight anyone with a Rovers shirt on. And I would've done it regardless of the fanbase, because people like that don't belong in football. 

Um if you’re relating to me. I’d like you to point out where I said I want to fight any gas head. I’ve got some very good gas mates. My point , was why you were on a rivals forum whilst you had a game on which I find bizarre tbh. If you’re not relating to me then just ignore this post. 

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

To be fair, anytime a club does something like this, they are there to be shot at.

It's a bold move for sure but it's mostly been well received. It's hardly an embarrassment and yet again we at least try to move forward if not perfectly so.

How are things at your more traditional, 'quirky' club? Any longevity in that?

136 years old this year. 

Happy 37th btw :)

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

136 years old this year. 

Happy 37th btw :)

Next year your lot would have been 100 a football League club, but you left for a year didn't you. 
Still, gives you longer to plan something special :cool2:

• Haha 1