IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Yep it was embarrassing to see how some of our fans behaved at Birmingham when they scored and not just the pre pubescent "netters" either. Every support has them. Seriously, if it angers you so much when the opposition score maybe football isn't for you, let alone placing yourself next to the other teams fans. 

Having said that, you don't often see the family matriarch leading the abuse. The gift....

They are known as the family club. That refers to the family from hell.

• Like 1

Yep it was embarrassing to see how some of our fans behaved at Birmingham when they scored and not just the pre pubescent "netters" either. Every support has them. Seriously, if it angers you so much when the opposition score maybe football isn't for you, let alone placing yourself next to the other teams fans. 

Having said that, you don't often see the family matriarch leading the abuse. The gift....

Give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she was just predicting that we would equalise and the final score would be 2-2.

• Like 2

Yep, any ground you like. Depressing stuff, but hardly unique to our lot.

No not unique., But your club and fans protray themselves up as  unique super family fans, respected the land over for their speical unique atmosphere and culture you have created.  The envy of every other club in the land.  When in fact you lot are the most deluded fans in the country and all others fans are ambivalent towards your club, because rovers are a nothing club in a basement leauge who plays in the worst ground in the country. 

Your club is not unique or special , you have made this up and cling on to it because you have absoluting nothing else. 

The only thing rovers are unique for is their sh1tness.

Edited by bs3
  • Like 6

No not unique., But your club and fans protray themselves up as  unique super family fans, respected the land over for their speical unique atmosphere and culture you have created.  The envy of every other club in the land.  

to be fair to Miah, he can't be accused of that.

• Like 2

Is that Steve Coppell??

Oooh, oooh, ooh.......... I Soooooo want to add my comment to this to include the companion, but I daren't!!!  Thanks for planting the thought in my mind though - it will be with me for the rest of the bloody day now eeeuuggghh!

Edited by jackofromrugby
  • Like 1

Was at a works training course on Saturday with a new workmate who is a staunch Rovers fan,at about quarter to three he blurts out come on Ipswich,not come on Rovers,come on Ipswich.Two of us asked why would he care how we got on,I want you to lose every game so you can come straight back down,then SL will lose intrest and stop bank rolling you.We pointed out that he is spending fourty million on the ground,and does that sound like he is losing intrest,no reply.I can't wait for you lot to go down and be playing third division in your new bowl,not a bowl we replied,every stand is different,no reply.We then told him how on earth could he try and take the micky,when he hopes we go back to a division we dread returning to that they aspire to reach.and that as a supporter of a club with a tent end and two bus stops for stands he can even think about calling Ashton Gate A bowl,no reply.He then went very quite,jeeze talk about bitter and twisted.

Edited by NOTBLUE
  • Like 4

Sooo Higgs comes out and says he knows NOTHING about the supposed consortium who are supposed to be buying r**ers, building the UWE AND investing  £Millions in the team yet their forum think it's still happening!

We're supposed to be the deluded ones aren't we?

Talk of a consortium taking Rovers over and magically delivering UWE and investing heavily in the club is off the mark.

But there are options open to Rovers and various things going on behind the scenes that may come to fruition. 

I suspect a couple of their fans have heard little rumours and it's turned into Chinese whispers that something big is about to happen, when it isn't.

Sir Nick has a long history of misleading comments.  He didn't say he knows nothing about the consortium.  He said he doesn't know who they are, which is not the same thing at all.

"I keep hearing about this so called consortium from various sources. Would somebody be kind enough to tell us who they are, as we are very curious to find out ourselves!

That doesn't sound like he knows much about it to me but it's not an outright denial. Then again, as you say, he has been known to tell the odd porkie.

Edited by ciderup

It's about time they started exercising some sanity. There are probably at least 80 or so of the 92 football league teams that would gladly sell out just as quickly as they would sack a manager. They (BRFC)  have very little to distinguish them from anyone else.

If anything I would've thought it more likely they have distinguished themselves as 'uninvestable'. They have a decrepid ground, nil assets but for that which they need to play (and even then I doubt the land value of the mem is really that substantial), no continuity from an academy setup, years behind their nearest rival in terms of infrastructure at least, no history, little organisation, debts to payday lenders, a bank which called in their credit and a legal dispute in process. 

Given the choice of investment why would anyone look at putting a significant amount into Bristol Rovers for any reason other than they are a fan? For some balance the same same could've reasonably been said of BCFC even years ago and perhaps even today. It wasn't that long ago to be fair that they probably were quite investable and I don't doubt that they could get there again, but hopes of that angel in the near future are (I would guess) probably just as unfounded now as hoping that one of their fans wins the euro millions and feels philanthropic. 

It's about time they started exercising some sanity. There are probably at least 80 or so of the 92 football league teams that would gladly sell out just as quickly as they would sack a manager. They (BRFC)  have very little to distinguish them from anyone else.

If anything I would've thought it more likely they have distinguished themselves as 'uninvestable'. They have a decrepid ground, nil assets but for that which they need to play (and even then I doubt the land value of the mem is really that substantial), no continuity from an academy setup, years behind their nearest rival in terms of infrastructure at least, no history, little organisation, debts to payday lenders, a bank which called in their credit and a legal dispute in process. 

Given the choice of investment why would anyone look at putting a significant amount into Bristol Rovers for any reason other than they are a fan? For some balance the same same could've reasonably been said of BCFC even years ago and perhaps even today. It wasn't that long ago to be fair that they probably were quite investable and I don't doubt that they could get there again, but hopes of that angel in the near future are (I would guess) probably just as unfounded now as hoping that one of their fans wins the euro millions and feels philanthropic. 

Everything you say is perfectly true, but there might be someone who would buy the club - an asset stripper.  If he / she could buy the club and pay back all the loans / debts for less than the value of the land, it might be worth it. I don't think this is likely as the land is worth less now that Sainsburys and every other supermarket have stopped building new stores. But who knows? This saga has been ongoing for so long, with so many twists and turns, I can't believe that it will end soon. 

"I keep hearing about this so called consortium from various sources. Would somebody be kind enough to tell us who they are, as we are very curious to find out ourselves!

That doesn't sound like he knows much about it to me but it's not an outright denial. Then again, as you say, he has been known to tell the odd porkie.

First of all a club "insider" said that Higgs wouldn't dignify the rumour with a response. A few days later Higgs has given a little known ITV reporter the ambiguous quote above. Why doesn't he just put a statement on the official club website categorically denying that there is any truth regarding this matter - with no room for different interpretations?

First of all a club "insider" said that Higgs wouldn't dignify the rumour with a response. A few days later Higgs has given a little known ITV reporter the ambiguous quote above. Why doesn't he just put a statement on the official club website categorically denying that there is any truth regarding this matter - with no room for different interpretations?

Because any discussions might be subject to a period of exclusivity and a non disclosure agreement?

I've no idea ITN, it's your club (for your sins) so what do you think?

It seems too 'perfect' for someone to come in, pay for the UWE, clear all debts and put £Millions into the team. I just can't see it as it answers all your prayers in one go with no return. Please excuse my scepticism but it's too 'ideal' WTGR. Why would an outside person put the best part of £60M (eg: UWE, clearing the debts and £10M for players ) for no return?

Edited by ciderup

It seems too 'perfect' for someone to come in, pay for the UWE, clear all debts and put £Millions into the team. I just can't see it as it answers all your prayers in one go with no return. Please excuse my scepticism but it's too 'ideal' WTGR. Why would an outside person put the best part of £60M (eg: UWE, clearing the debts and £10M for players ) for no return?

That's what makes me laugh about some Rovers fans they take the pish for SL spending millions on City etc and how they love being 'good old fashioned Gasheads' but this so say consortium is going to come in and spend millions on them getting them all excited. Funny that.

• Like 5

I can say with a certain amount of confidence that no-one is coming in to pay for the UWE Stadium.

I've said for a few months now tho that I believe there are interested investors lurking in the background...

• Like 1