IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Thought i would chime in. Al qadi came in when  the transfer window and loan window was opened and rovers challenging for promotion. Surely bringing in 1 or 2 championship or league 1 players on loan could have been affordable, and just 1 point extra could have made the difference, why didnt he bring soneone in? Jet on loan is one im thinking of, or even wes burns. If they dont go up, that will be a critical error.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Thought i would chime in. Al qadi came in when  the transfer window and loan window was opened and rovers challenging for promotion. Surely bringing in 1 or 2 championship or league 1 players on loan could have been affordable, and just 1 point extra could have made the difference, why didnt he bring soneone in? Jet on loan is one im thinking of, or even wes burns. If they dont go up, that will be a critical error.

Because he has no money....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Because he has no money....

Yeah that makes sense.

Surely a few 9000 gates will have financed it? Isnt that less than the capacity of our new stand?

Maybe they needed the money for the cost of vet bills after whacking police horses when they balls promotion up next week?

• Like 1

On 02/03/2016 at 17:38, NOTBLUE said:
2 hours ago, bs3 said:

Most of your fans are claiming that he is a Billionaire. 

BBC Football Focus on Saturday claimed he was a Billionaire.

Made in Bristol TV yesterday called him a Billionaire,

There is a disconnect here, when he took over Rovers why did all you fans assume the UWE Stadium will get built? Answer because it was announced he was a billionaire and that the outcome of the judicial reveiw had no bearing on Rovers ability to build their new staduim, and yet you are no further forward in you dream than when Higgs was Chairman.

Lets face it, you have been taken in by a fake shake and now you are to embarrassed to admit the truth or claim all along that you knew he wasn't the 6th richest man on the planet. 

Inside yourself you are hurting, you and your Gas mates thought you won the lottery, you did buy you lost the ticket, how does it feel.?

The more you protest the more joy I get out of you , so keep telling everyone on here that he is a bussiness man and he won't be throwing his money at Rovers, while we are happy to sit in a state of the art brand new Ashton Gate funded by OUR Billionaire owner, in the knowledge of knowing if we have a good season in the transfere market we can be challenging in the top half of the Championship and we a little luck, who Knows.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh 'Gas logic' is priceless mate  - best recent example on their forum was that we are 'only staying up because three teams are worse than us but they are going up because they are better than 20 other teams'

You cannot choreograph comedy quite like that!

Like it or not we have a good chance of a second promotion. . We are getting better and we have good team spirit , plus they've put pride back in the blue n white quarters . A case really of que sera sera .. And whatever happens we've given it a real go 

29 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I don't think the transfer window was still open mate, it was the same weekend we went to MK and I'm sure you could only bring in loans at that stage. I suppose the obvious answer as to why they signed no one at that time would be that they felt no urgent need to bring in new players to a side that were comfortably winning games....that's just guesswork on my part of course.

As I've already said, they will get promoted this season and I suspect that Al Qadi is genuine and will bring them a better future than they were likely to get with the Circus they had running things before....however, how committed he remains to Rovers if they ever start making the kind of losses we have in recent years remains to be seen. I'm glad we've got Lansdown.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

I do not lie mate..not in my DNA or upbringing..can't speak for other Rovers fans but have to admit you have given me the biggest laugh in ages regarding Kodjia...

Wow :rofl2br:.

Thats like saying its a close call between kodjia and aguero. I dont doubt taylor is good but lets face the facts and i know its hard.

Bristol rovers are a league two club 

Bristol city are a championship club

If its such a close call i imagine a 5/6 million pound offer to come in for taylor because there are dozens of bigger clubs than rovers out there in the football league alone so why would he stay at rovers?

The step up between league 1 and championship is massive but rovers fans have not witnessed what this is like, they have only seen a glimpse on the football league show.

Seriously you've had thebiggest laugh regarindg kodjia ? Tbf it is pretty funny being the top scorer in the championship from open play.

Come on now mate dont embarass yourself.

17 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Wow :rofl2br:.

Thats like saying its a close call between kodjia and aguero. I dont doubt taylor is good but lets face the facts and i know its hard.

Bristol rovers are a league two club 

Bristol city are a championship club

If its such a close call i imagine a 5/6 million pound offer to come in for taylor because there are dozens of bigger clubs than rovers out there in the football league alone so why would he stay at rovers?

The step up between league 1 and championship is massive but rovers fans have not witnessed what this is like, they have only seen a glimpse on the football league show.

Seriously you've had thebiggest laugh regarindg kodjia ? Tbf it is pretty funny being the top scorer in the championship from open play.

Come on now mate dont embarass yourself.

There's a few players in Leicester Citys team that moved up into the premier league and are doing very well so lower league players who gel well with their new higher league colleagues are turning it on . In fact lower league teams ( quite a few mind ) play with more fire and ambition than their higher league counterparts 

4 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Well- in the unlikely event I have the time- I'll look through your 21,000 plus posts and see if you can be taken seriously.

I suggest you do have the time. Why else would you visit a Bristol City forum and, with that famous 'Gas Logic', tell us that Taylor vs Kodjia is a "close call"?

Thanks for the gift.

Edited by Libertine1
  • Like 1

For the saggies on this thread denying that their fans were getting carried away after.the takeover, does anyone have a link to the youtube video of that mutant father and son talking about it?

Billionaires

Now the biggest team in Bristol

Sixth richest club in the.country

the next man city

Was some of the drivel spouted.

25 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

For the saggies on this thread denying that their fans were getting carried away after.the takeover, does anyone have a link to the youtube video of that mutant father and son talking about it?

Billionaires

Now the biggest team in Bristol

Sixth richest club in the.country

the next man city

Was some of the drivel spouted.

Yes .... It's official ... The SAGS are the best club in Bristol ... and the richest, don't you know? ... and a new stadium is on its way ... and they will be in the Premiership in 5 years ... PLUS Ashton Gate will be used as the training ground for their youth team! ...cos they are bigger and better, in every way!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOtZGtOmanU&feature=youtu.be&list=PL6sKxOJpVaDGU7_cNGpjCY4YHzObY8wmH&t=120

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Yes .... It's official ... The SAGS are the best club in Bristol ... and the richest, don't you know? ... and a new stadium is on its way ... and they will be in the Premiership in 5 years ... PLUS Ashton Gate will be used as the training ground for their youth team! ...cos they are bigger and better, in every way!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOtZGtOmanU&feature=youtu.be&list=PL6sKxOJpVaDGU7_cNGpjCY4YHzObY8wmH&t=120

I initially thought they were city fans taking the piss...:blink:

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The son does their good match videos and comes across as pretty sensible, his dad however... um, crikey, perfect example of a comedy gashead.

Yeah. That was when I realised, once I had noticed his other videos. Strange that it's the son who is the 'sensible' one...He needs to get his dad involved more..:yawn:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I think Jakes dad had spent most of the day chewing Khat before that was filmed... 

"Oi gotta say, were worth MORE n bigger n BETTER club than you'll EVER BE!!!"

Excellent, you've got no shit excuses for losing any future Bristol Derbies now then.

• Like 3