IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Griffin said:

Okay so I ventured further.. 

IMG_1359.PNG

Did he just include 'homosexuals' in a list including drink drivers and pedophiles?

I don't know why anyone decide to create list like that on a public forum, he might as well say, I don't like coffee but I am good at wallpapering the items are equally as connected.

6 hours ago, SalisburyRed said:

Almost bound to be like that when a club comes out of non-league. The novelty factor of playing full time big name clubs every week will be quite a draw.

True. A brief moment of glory before they return to the Downs League South. You can imagine today's Blue Few in 50 years time.

"I remember when the Gas was in the Football League".

"Do shut up, Granddad. Here's a million-pound coin; buy yourself a half".

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

True. A brief moment of glory before they return to the Downs League South. You can imagine today's Blue Few in 50 years time.

"I remember when the Gas was in the Football League".

"Do shut up, Granddad. Here's a million-pound coin; buy yourself a half".

46 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

For once, words fail me...

Someone tweet the evening post, front page news tomorrow's lad ;)

7 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I was about to make a post saying how people shouldnt use one persons hate filled opinion to mock the entire gas fanbase because surely he's just one isolated idiot. But then I read the thread and saw that most people seem to be defending him! Jesus wept.

And in there stupid tiny minds . They think there loved across the world.  Horrible shitty little club 

• Like 3

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:22, myol'man said:

So when was the last time they had over 20,000 for a home league match that wasn't against us?

They did have a crowd of 26,574 for a forth round F.A Cup game against Southampton in Jan 78.

Think only 17 turned up from Southampton, so a good turnout from the Gash!!!

• Like 1

Happy 16 years everybody.

The last time roverzzz were above us, Kirsty MacColl was still alive, the 9/11 terror attacks on New York were nearly a year away and Wikipedia hadn't been launched!!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20001028T1645&p0=299&msg=CITY+above+rovers

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1

• Admin

So this was the league table the last time that they were above us, we had beaten Peterborough 2-1 at home on Tuesday 24th October 2000 (Lee Peacock and a last minute Tony Thorpe winner) - (Rovers lost 2-1 at Colchester), the following game on Saturday 28th October 2000 two goals from Tony Thorpe saw us beat Wycombe 2-1 away - (Rovers lost 2-0 at home to Oldham), and they have been "Coming to get us" ever since. . . . 

Be sure to tell all those Rovers friends and family you know :clapping:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Like 3

I remember that season they started quite well and we had an awful first couple of months under Wilson. Then things suddenly clicked and we started playing some of the best football Id ever seen. Bell and Murray on the flanks, Tinnion in the middle feeding in for Peacock and Thorpe... Great stuff! They went on to be relegated. I went to Wycombe that day and Im pretty sure I used my Nokia 32-10 to text my gas classmate to rub it in that we'd gone above them. He probably thought "pah. For now.." Little did he know.....16 years and counting oh yes!!

PS: the league table in the Bristol post shows that Rotherham won the league that year... They didnt, Millwall did. Where on earth did they get that table from?

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-fans-issued-with-terrorism-warning/story-29848592-detail/story.html 

I wonder if this is a threat against rovers or football grounds in the country, etherway I hope the game passes by safely with no incident and Peterborough stuff them

One of the biggest non-stories going even by the Post's standards, the terror threat has been at the same level for 18 months, surely the same security has been in place during that time, it sounds like it's the same we pass through at the Gate. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

That's going to cheer our little bitter neighbours up . Ha ha ha

7 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I remember that season they started quite well and we had an awful first couple of months under Wilson. Then things suddenly clicked and we started playing some of the best football Id ever seen. Bell and Murray on the flanks, Tinnion in the middle feeding in for Peacock and Thorpe... Great stuff! They went on to be relegated. I went to Wycombe that day and Im pretty sure I used my Nokia 32-10 to text my gas classmate to rub it in that we'd gone above them. He probably thought "pah. For now.." Little did he know.....16 years and counting oh yes!!

PS: the league table in the Bristol post shows that Rotherham won the leafue that year... They didnt, Millwall did. Where on earth did they get that table from?

Rotherham clearly cheated, played an extra game vs Luton according to that!