IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

46 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I put a video link up but it didn’t work, so it was the only thing I could think off quickly to replace it and not look a dick ? as some were talking about him, I thought that would do 

Ah ok. I hadn’t seen his name mentioned except in your post. Just wondered why he was?

6 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Didn`t it go off at Home Park last season? Rather predictably, their morons tried to invade a family section after going a goal down, seats were thrown etc.

Another prowed entry in the best club in the world`s roll of honour.

I know facts are normally a basis for forum posts, but this isn't true- just sayin.

All the bollocks about Wally still wanting to keep a stake and stay involved is nothing more than that, bollocks IMO. He`s saying that so the fewers will be reassured that their club isn`t being sold to a load of asset strippers as ` if Wael`s still involved, we should be in safe hands and he won`t sell us out`.

Utter crap. He`ll be off like a scalded cat before the ink`s even dry on the paperwork.

They`ll lap it all up like they always do though.

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just going by what I was told by a couple of Argyle fans that were there Miah.

What did happen then?

Well, at least one seat was definitely thrown because according to reports one of the belters accidentally launched it into the back of another Sags head.

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just going by what I was told by a couple of Argyle fans that were there Miah.

What did happen then?

The 92000 locked out started a Conga. Several of them left to go tent shopping. Irene was nowhere to be seen. She wasn’t there, they had already wished her a ‘goodnight’ 

all the unrest was started by the green ‘army. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

None whatsoever from me (in terms of being in the know, these were pub conversations).

Two suggestions from different people were made.

1/ A group of American based people are interested, but Wally wants to keep a fairly significant percentage.

2/ A combined takeover, of both local and American money could be involved, with the intention of constructing new facilities and investing 'moderate' amounts to build for the future, but they would be looking for the entire Dwayne Sport holding.

The people telling me this are not (as far I as know), close to the club aside from being supporters, could be they know stuff, could be wishful thinking.

Guess it's a case of wait and see.

It was indeed partly option 1 which I’d heard about last week. Americans involved in a bid of £5m but Wally wanting to hold out for £10m. 

Well, I say Wally, I actually mean Wally’s family - who pulled the plug on any investment a long time ago, so they basically wanna get back as much as they can from their initial investment. However, the old board weren’t paid off in full and were promised a percentage of the sale of the ground once UWE went ahead. As that didn’t happen, Higgs etc are still owed some dollar too. 

So Wally’s family want £10m minimum to be able to come out of it without too much embarrassment. And I highly doubt they’ll let Wally loose again. 

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

It was indeed partly option 1 which I’d heard about last week. Americans involved in a bid of £5m but Wally wanting to hold out for £10m. 

Well, I say Wally, I actually mean Wally’s family - who pulled the plug on any investment a long time ago, so they basically wanna get back as much as they can from their initial investment. However, the old board weren’t paid off in full and were promised a percentage of the sale of the ground once UWE went ahead. As that didn’t happen, Higgs etc are still owed some dollar too. 

So Wally’s family want £10m minimum to be able to come out of it without too much embarrassment. And I highly doubt they’ll let Wally loose again. 

They are having a laugh at £10m.

Drag it out for another two years at £2m a year losses until the last asset has been drained from the club and anyone throwing a pound coin onto the pitch will be deemed to have made a formal takeover offer.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hadn't heard the previous board were still owned coins, so that would stack up.

The whole Jordanian ownership thing increasingly looks like (as has been called out on here for a long time), a property deal gone very bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Hadn't heard the previous board were still owned coins, so that would stack up.

The whole Jordanian ownership thing increasingly looks like (as has been called out on here for a long time), a property deal gone very bad.

A property deal as bad as the one the Yorkshire King had in Monty Python’s Holy Grail.  

I was told not to build a castle on a swamp  but....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

They are having a laugh at £10m.

Drag it out for another two years at £2m a year losses until the last asset has been drained from the club and anyone throwing a pound coin onto the pitch will be deemed to have made a formal takeover offer.

What are these assets that a few have spoke of? How much is a tent worth these days.

1 minute ago, Snufflelufagus said:

What are these assets that a few have spoke of? How much is a tent worth these days.

State of the art turnstile system, someone like Liverpool or Man City would probably take that off their hands and I'm sure the Bath and West show would take the tents from them.

31 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Remember, tents are portable and can easily be moved, unlike the awful stands at Ashton Gate that are fixed in situ. 

If someone is stupid enough to take them over then I personally can’t wait for all the new videos and comments to come from the fewers on how they are going to bypass us on their way to the Prem, when their new owner promises them the world and they lap it up as usual.

Edited by BCFC11