IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Que?   

I think that this is the post to which Bert refers ...

bs20pirate

bs20pirate Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 24 posts
5 hours ago WeAreTheGas, Tilly's Thighs

Post by bs20pirate on 5 hours ago

Hi all
Newbie here but have been reading Gas chat for a while now.
Just thought I would add my two pennies worth regards the new family stand as I and a mate of mine plus our kids have purchased season tickets in the stand.
Yes I agree it’s not the best looking and it’s given my city mates even more amunition to wind us up but as for Match day experience for us as parents and the kids it was bloody brilliant! The view was great and the kids can’t wait to go to the next home game which is what it’s all about really..
We have been in the Southwest and Southstand for the last few seasons but they come nowhere near the experience we had on Saturday. I have never heard the kids get so involved with the singing! ( Big thanks to the Thanchers end for starting things off) We even managed to get a couple of pints indoors in the new east stand bar before the game which we have never managed before as the new Thatchers bar is always rammed..
I firmly believe this is temporary for a reason and if the club has built this stand just as a temporary measure to attract more families until something more permanent is announced then we are more than happy to sit in it. I don’t give a Toss what the city lads are saying and I should be the one who is worrying the most as I have paid to sit in the stand.
As far as we are concerned the mem is looking the best it has ever looked and the club trying to attract younger fans is the way forward as they are the future of our club. I Agree it would better if it was nearer the east stand but  before any petitions are started how about getting the views of the people who are sat in the stand 1st.
FTG ?⚪?⚪
Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So we built the Dolman Stand, the Atyeo Stand, the South Stand (which still needs a proper name btw) and now the Lansdown Stand, all of which are great and amazing structures and they are so Prowd of a ****ing bus shelter.  Just wait until the new development is built and see what they have to say about that.

Going by what quite a few of them have said, they love being ragass rovers, and would much rather be at tents r us than a soulless bowl like AG :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Going by what quite a few of them have said, they love being ragass rovers, and would much rather be at tents r us than a soulless bowl like AG :facepalm:

That's the thing, Many new stadiums are souless bowls and maybe Ashton Vale could have been another.  But AG is a fantastic development of our spiritual home.  It's an evolution and by no means soulless bowl.

Very unlike a Souless rugby ground only fit for non League Football.

BREAKING NEWS:

'The Al Qadis are to set to reveal plans for a new stadium at half time in the next home game.

The club have asked that although they realise fans will want to celebrate they should not bring flares in to the stadium . . . . . 

. . . . . because that's what they wore the last time we actually built something.'
  • Haha 8

19 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

They like it that the club decides not to invest it's finances on the stadium, choosing instead to back DC to the hilt. Obviously, the more they spend on player recruitment, the more chance they have of "coming to get us". ?  

21 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

BREAKING NEWS:

'The Al Qadis are to set to reveal plans for a new stadium at half time in the next home game.

The club have asked that although they realise fans will want to celebrate they should not bring flares in to the stadium . . . . . 

. . . . . because that's what they wore the last time we actually built something.'

Ha ha but I think you'll find that it was 1958 the last time they built anything that was structurally solid. It was that long ago I'm not even sure the "Wooden Tops" were invented.

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Ha ha but I think you'll find that it was 1958 the last time they built anything that was structurally solid. It was that long ago I'm not even sure the "Wooden Tops" were invented.

Maybe not, but luckily today we have Wally and Hani the twins.

And according to Luton Town fans one of us must have the very biggest spotty dick you ever did see.

6 hours ago, Swede said:

Being pedantic (why change a habit of a lifetime?) but it was actually pre WW2. In 1958 the ground was owned by the greyhound company, so they built the stand. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Being pedantic (why change a habit of a lifetime?) but it was actually pre WW2. In 1958 the ground was owned by the greyhound company, so they built the stand. 

Ha ha even better!???

You will have to forgive me but my historical knowledge of one of the most insignificant football league/non league clubs in the history of the Football League is a little lacking.

Can someone inform me what was the last stand they actually built?

10 minutes ago, Swede said:

Ha ha even better!???

You will have to forgive me but my historical knowledge of one of the most insignificant football league/non league clubs in the history of the Football League is a little lacking.

94C2521C-C596-495B-88B1-9A3E6B1A840D.jpeg

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Swede said:

Ha ha even better!???

Probably the Eastville rebuild after it burnt down.

That said, I think the fans raised money to put a roof over a terrace at the Mem.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Probably the Eastville rebuild after it burnt down.

That said, I think the fans raised money to put a roof over a terrace at the Mem.

They didn’t rebuild anything though as far as I recall - just had an enclosure down that side after IIRC  ?

i guess the scaletrix family mini hutch at Trunpton may be the only build in their history

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Ha ha even better!???

Now Stonehenge is beginning to make sense!

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I, for one , believe you . I'm sure you have CSE's . 

:yes:

Thank You for your support, although I must confess to having not a single CSE - I don't think they exist any more, so it is probably a sign of our age that we even know what they are/were.

By the way:

self-defecating

A term that stupid people use accidentally when they really mean "self-deprecating" and clever people use on purpose to make poop jokes that stupid people wont get.

I leave you to judge into which category I fall ? 

As a PS, I should perhaps add that I did search unsuccessfully for a 'smug git' Emoji.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thank You for your support, although I must confess to having not a single CSE - I don't think they exist any more, so it is probably a sign of our age that we even know what they are/were.

By the way:

self-defecating

A term that stupid people use accidentally when they really mean "self-deprecating" and clever people use on purpose to make poop jokes that stupid people wont get.

A self-depricating self-defecator?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

By the way:

self-defecating

As a PS, I should perhaps add that I did search unsuccessfully for a 'smug git' Emoji.

I know which category you fall in to, most definitely..... I shit you not :laughcont: