IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

And here’s some nuggets from the melts on arsechat from the last few days........

“I just hope that whatever is true and whatever happens, that our club is well looked after. I would hate to see us in a Bolton situation. We have too much history for it to be disrespected and mishandled again.

“We call them plastic because they're a franchise, rather than Bristol City - they're the same as MK Dons in my eyes.”.........

“Do you understand what a franchise is ? Its the dumb use of that word by gas fans to describe the sh** that is food and drink to those Knobs. We are more of a franchise than them, moving from one town to another and then back again like an NFL team.. or MK Dons.”.......

“Actually I have a degree in business - so thanks for your concern. As you clearly took my tongue in cheek comment seriously, I do worry that actually it is yourself who doesn’t understand the concept. By your definition, anyone who moves House is a francshise.” :facepalm:

“ I would probably feel different if I supported Accrington who have arguably reached the peak of what they can achieve. But when this club can take approx 40,000 to Wembley for the league 2 play off to meekly accept that we are going to forever be a tinpot lower league club bouncing between the conference and, at best, league one because our owners have no money and no ambition is very very galling and makes me wonder what future the club has.”

“Gas365 is exactly right. I was there when we filled half of Wembley”

“Anyone else here not actually in love with the UWE stadium? Sure, I'd love to have it compared to what we have now, but as a new stadium its pretty generic & boring.It's pretty much the same as Doncaster Rovers”

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Superb memory Slartibartfast - that was November 1970 - they triumphed at the Cottage while we got dicked 2-0 at The Den...

Yes, if memory serves, they were penned in by transport police in the first two carriages and we had the rest !

Thank god they did as we would obviously  have been done over by the Tote !!!:laugh::P:laugh:

29 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

“We call them plastic because they're a franchise, rather than Bristol City - they're the same as MK Dons in my eyes.”.........

Clearly the eyes of a complete moron then....

54 minutes ago, Unan said:
midlandgas213 Avatar
midlandgas213
Club Legend
8 hours ago
it is more than obvious that our away support is also being hit as well as the home gates surely if we were playing decent football and getting results the away following at Bradford would have been over 1000 but well done to all those that chose to follow come what may
so dc is also to blame for our lower crowds at home costing the club money and also for the away support falling because fans won't part with their hard earned cash to watch sh**e 
????

Well, that doesn’t sound very ‘loyal’ does it. I thought they followed their team in huge numbers through thick and thin? Obviously not, fickle plastic Sags.

Love the fact he thinks they’d take over a thousand to Bradford :rofl2br:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

On 30/09/2018 at 22:49, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair, football specials (whilst part of the problems of the 70s and 80s) WOULD get more fans travelling.

The costs of using the rail network for national journeys is a blocker for a number of people.

It is true isn't it- cheaper trains would obviously encourage more fans to travel- whether it's financially feasible, I don't know but they definitely would.

16 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Clearly the eyes of a complete moron then....

Well, that doesn’t sound very ‘loyal’ does it. I thought they followed their team in huge numbers through thick and thin? Obviously not, fickle plastic Sags.

Love the fact he thinks they’d take over a thousand to Bradford :rofl2br:

Mostly thick I think in respect of the Sags.  Haven't seen many thin ones, but plenty of thick ones.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Cracking start to the evening... dealership can’t fix my car until tomorrow so have extended my loan car. It’s be rude not to drive it here... a 3L RR Velar!

Now I’m at the Camra pub of the year 2012. 

Here’s to 3 points for the Dale. 

Can u let us know about their massive and intimidating support. Bet you’re shitting yourself 

• Like 2

Rivalries aside, there was a dreadful accident yesterday morning in Yate in which a 26 year old father of two and a Rovers supporter died. I'm sure that all of us send our sincere condolences to Matt's family and friends. Rest easy, Matt.

From The Post ...

The man who died after the car he was driving collided with a tree and ploughed into two houses in Yate has been named locally as Matt Krekelaar.

Matt was sadly pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which happened in Littledean, Yate, yesterday (October 1) morning.

According to Avon and Somerset Police , Matt’s blue BMW struck a tree before smashing into nearby houses.

The father-of-two, who is in his late 20s, was due to play golf with friends later the same day, according to a floral tribute left at the scene.

Residents in Littledean, a cul-de-sac which is lined with garages and homes set back from the road, suggested Matt’s car travelled some 20 metres in the air before striking the houses.

Sonia Mulcock, who was in her home at the time of the crash, said the collision sounded like a “bomb had exploded”.

"I was in shock. It sounded like a huge explosion. I ran out and my neighbour's windows had been blown out, his back ones too,” she told Bristol Live on October 1.

"Then I saw the other house and their entire front had gone. You could see their stairs. It was only after seeing their homes that I saw the car and realised someone was inside.

“We waited for the ambulance but there was nothing they could do. I brought a woman into my house who had seen it all and gave her some tea.”

The crash has shocked the community in Yate and left Matt’s young family devastated.

Flowers have been left by loved ones at a spot near where the tragedy happened.

One tribute spoke of the man’s two young daughters. “We have told your beautiful girls that you will be the brightest star in the sky,” it read.

“Your memory will live on in them each and every day and you will forever be in (their) hearts. We will take care of them for you,” it added.

Another, from a friend, spoke of the deceased man’s love of Bristol Rovers .

I think to say I’m gutted would be an understatement. Heaven has gained another angel, taken too soon.

“You sleep well, be sure to give us another three points, FTG.”

• Sad 3