Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Red Army 75

New kit

11 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Shambles. This is so amateur it’s painful. Have you let Jon Boy know about this? Somebody needs to put their hands up and admit a mistake here. Daylight robbery for £50 with quality like that.

same on the kids away kit I got for the boy today - it looks even worse “in the flesh”.  He’s happy with it though he is easily pleased 

1988E957-E36E-4CBF-B2A0-FD7E00554F51.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

same on the kids away kit I got for the boy today - it looks even worse “in the flesh”

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I did wonder if I was being too critical last night when I got home and opened my package, but it's such a shame as it could be a very classy shirt yet the badge is so poorly done right at the time they want people to adopt it.

As well as the resolution and the quality of the white and black rings which to my eyes are misaligned and on yours too (wider left than right) the thing that really gets to my OCD is the "Bristol City" which is off - small and not even aligned in the thick red band.

Sorry to everyone for going on about this but I just about warmed to the new badge and this really spoils it - the rebrand has been handled well in all other respects so I hate to see a good idea and opportunity let down by simply being poorly executed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Is that it for leisure wear? 

Screenshot_20190727-105114_Samsung Internet.jpg

Isnt the dark cotton Tee just a plain cotton Tee shirt with our new logo on it? And they want 30 quid for it? Wtf? That's worth a tenner max.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Isnt the dark cotton Tee just a plain cotton Tee shirt with our new logo on it? And they want 30 quid for it? Wtf? That's worth a tenner max.

I had a close look at the dark grey t-shirts - for what it is the price is a bit steep.  Also the red tracksuit tops are an odd material I reckon it would be itchy on the inside when worn

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I did wonder if I was being too critical last night when I got home and opened my package, but it's such a shame as it could be a very classy shirt yet the badge is so poorly done right at the time they want people to adopt it.

As well as the resolution and the quality of the white and black rings which to my eyes are misaligned and on yours too (wider left than right) the thing that really gets to my OCD is the "Bristol City" which is off - small and not even aligned in the thick red band.

Sorry to everyone for going on about this but I just about warmed to the new badge and this really spoils it - the rebrand has been handled well in all other respects so I hate to see a good idea and opportunity let down by simply being poorly executed.

You saw it coming but couldn’t believe such a basic mistake would be made. I was waiting on the outcome before buying and I wouldn’t want to wear something that looks like it’s from the Mongkok market

It’s very poor. Amateur execution at top prices.

Surely when image was received the contractor raises concerns about the image size.

Surely when the samples came back someone must have raised concerns about the image quality

These should never have gone out. I hope they do a recall. 

I know they are a bigger club with a much larger fan base , but had a look at Leeds online shop and the range is huge with some quite nice clobber for all occasions 

we had one t shirt and a polo top  so far 

plus replica kit

Was going to start a new thread on the refurbished store, but this seems as good a place...

Exactly the same as the old store, with what - on inspection - seems to be poor quality over priced tat.

The polo shirts appear to be overpriced by fifteen or twenty quid, and the t-shirts overpriced by a good fifteen quid.

I get that with discount we pay a bit less, but even with that applied, it's still over priced.

As you were.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

same on the kids away kit I got for the boy today - it looks even worse “in the flesh”. 

1988E957-E36E-4CBF-B2A0-FD7E00554F51.jpeg

Embarrassing. How can they get it so wrong. Huge focus on the rebrand, one real chance to get it right and relaunch on a wave of positivity and you see standards like this... 

Anyone harped on to those from the club, like the SLO & Jon Lansdown about the lack of quality they’ve put out?

@Olé you seem to know what you’re on about and it is unacceptable, all things considered.

Edited by Captain Hindsight

On 27/07/2019 at 11:34, Portred said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Can we not just take the kids season ticket down the shop and get their shirt over the counter when showing the staff the kids season ticket ??

many thanks

Yes, yes you can take your kids season card down the shop and get it over the counter. Took my boys down yesterday. No probs at all. 

Just now, Portred said:

Yes, yes you can take your kids season card down the shop and get it over the counter. Took my boys down yesterday. No probs at all. 

Ok thanks for that Portred. Much appreciated 👍👍

• Confused 2

On 27/07/2019 at 17:44, Bristol Rob said:

Was going to start a new thread on the refurbished store, but this seems as good a place...

Exactly the same as the old store, with what - on inspection - seems to be poor quality over priced tat.

The polo shirts appear to be overpriced by fifteen or twenty quid, and the t-shirts overpriced by a good fifteen quid.

I get that with discount we pay a bit less, but even with that applied, it's still over priced.

As you were.

I agree. I went in there early on Saturday and there really was such little to inspire me. The shirt looks nice on the players but personally I don’t like the collar (button) or the circular badge. So I went to look for a t-shirt, very overpriced I thought, even by our shop’s standards. I read lots on here from people hoping to see a decent range of casual wear, I think many must be shocked and disappointed. Granted not all the range is in stock yet, but I’m not filled with confidence. 

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

Why are you replying to yourself in the 3rd person Portred?

Sorry, just bored and feeling silly at work. But yeah just wanted to highlight you can indeed just take the kids season ticket down the shop and get their shirts. I read somewhere I’d have to set up new accounts for my boys etc etc. 

Nice one, cheers Portred (oh wait....👍👍

• Haha 2

On 27/07/2019 at 18:31, Agard Days Night said:

Embarrassing. How can they get it so wrong. Huge focus on the rebrand, one real chance to get it right and relaunch on a wave of positivity and you see standards like this... 

Shame no one from the club has responded to this piss poor effort on the badge! Look at all the other sewn badges and they all have straight lines, no Tetris looking images 😂 

41 minutes ago, Make a Sub said:

Shame no one from the club has responded to this piss poor effort on the badge! Look at all the other sewn badges and they all have straight lines, no Tetris looking images 😂 

A lot of people on social media are saying the kit / badge etc is fine

Though from speaking to a friend who was at the ground early Saturday morning, the queue with people taking back items with defects was much longer than those purchasing for the first time

Why does our club lie to us fans ? 

The club shop is the same all they have done is removered old stock and replaced with new being generous 2 days work max , the training range is really poor embarrassingly sparse in fact , in respect to season cards mine still havent arrived ,im not that bothered if they dont arrive in time as i will be attending the game with my email proof of purchase to the steward and walking through , however the season cards arriving so late does cause many fans unnecessary anxiety .

My boys kits arrived today, order all wrong, 4 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of socks and no shirts. How on earth can you manage that 👀

And still no season cards for the 3 of us 😂

10 minutes ago, watkins1983 said:

My boys kits arrived today, order all wrong, 4 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of socks and no shirts. 

What should it have been? 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

What should it have been? 

I think we could take an educated guess! 

I’m going to go for two shirts, two pairs of shorts and two pairs of socks.

However I will look silly if @watkins1983 order was for one shirt and 36 pairs of socks.

Edited by RumRed
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I think we could take an educated guess! 

I’m going to go for two shirts, two pairs of shorts and two pairs of socks.

You got it 👌🏼

Perhaps palmer will be hand delivering the shirts tomorrow after he’s signed?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, watkins1983 said:

You got it 👌🏼

If he does make sure you keep hold of the extra shorts!  Can you also ask him when the goalkeepers socks will be available?

Ta

• Like 1

Love to know the profit margin on each shirt..The pricing is just ridiculous.

The thing is they sell things at the price they are it needs the attention to detail to be a lot more quality.

32 minutes ago, watkins1983 said:

You got it 👌🏼

Btw I blame the fact that the word shorts is only 2 letters different than shirt, easy mistake. 🤣

14 hours ago, watkins1983 said:

You got it 👌🏼

For God's sake make sure your wife has gone out.

On 31/07/2019 at 19:29, Street red said:

Love to know the profit margin on each shirt..The pricing is just ridiculous.

The thing is they sell things at the price they are it needs the attention to detail to be a lot more quality.

Remember when they told us they were bringing it in house to save the fans money 😂

28 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The shirts are too expensive! 

We want Kalas and Palmer and Gayle and Assombalonga and premier league football, and we want it now!

With us trading players at 20 odd million , 13 million etc 

I really don’t think shirt sales or prices are going to have any significant influence  86 !

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We want Kalas and Palmer and Gayle and Assombalonga and premier league football, and we want it now!

The day our shirt sales affect our transfer dealings is the day we become Bury FC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

With us trading players at 20 odd million , 13 million etc 

I really don’t think shirt sales or prices are going to have any significant influence  86 !

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

The day our shirt sales affect our transfer dealings is the day we become Bury FC

I was being somewhat facetious but it all contributes.

The point was that you just know that loads of people saying shirts/tickets/travel/food should be cheaper will be the first ones to pop up with ‘put your hand in your pocket Lansdown!’ when talking about another few million here or another £10k per week there....!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I was being somewhat facetious but it all contributes.

The point was that you just know that loads of people saying shirts/tickets/travel/food should be cheaper will be the first ones to pop up with ‘put your hand in your pocket Lansdown!’ when talking about another few million here or another £10k per week there....!

My personal thoughts on the pricing on shirts though 86 is

1 I would  want,  and especially with the rebrand , as many people buying shirts as possible and being a visible , walking advert for the club 

2 Get as many kids as I possibly could wearing a City shirt and starting a bond to the club

3 A very good price keeps the fanbase happy 

If EVERY season ticket holder bought a shirt I would estimate the club would make approx £3 / 400,000

So it has little bearing on FFP

As for SL -

Of  course it’s his money , his business , but personally and from a business perspective ,  , I’d actually be selling shirts at little above cost

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

1 I would  want,  and especially with the rebrand , as many people buying shirts as possible and being a visible , walking advert for the club 

2 Get as many kids as I possibly could wearing a City shirt and starting a bond to the club

If EVERY season ticket holder bought a shirt I would estimate the club would make approx £3 / 400,000

As for SL -

Of  course it’s his money , his business , but personally and from a business perspective ,  , I’d actually be selling shirts at little above cost

Agree with the majority but think they already do good deals for kids (free with ST etc?) and I would wager the cost price is quite a bit higher than people think it is by the time you bring in all the associated costs, manufacture, delivery, logistics etc. 

Don't get me wrong they’re vastly overpriced for what they are, but always have been and that’s universal across the country.

Even worse in Europe where you routinely see shirts costing 70/80/90 EUR - madness!

Also I think the gesture of essentially £10 of free cash for season ticket holders is pretty good and generally overlooked. A genuine case of something for nothing - bearing in mind season tickets in real terms are cheaper now than when we were struggling in league one. 

Edited by BRISTOL86

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agree with the majority but think they already do good deals for kids (free with ST etc?) and I would wager the cost price is quite a bit higher than people think it is by the time you bring in all the associated costs, manufacture, delivery, logistics etc. 

Don't get me wrong they’re vastly overpriced for what they are, but always have been and that’s universal across the country.

Even worse in Europe where you routinely see shirts costing 70/80/90 EUR - madness!

Also I think the gesture of essentially £10 of free cash for season ticket holders is pretty good and generally overlooked. A genuine case of something for nothing - bearing in mind season tickets in real terms are cheaper now than when we were struggling in league one. 

You may be right about the kids , I don’t know what they cost if they are not a ST holder and the prices don’t effect me as I won’t buy any of it

( Actually I guess they do effect me as I would buy probably some Polo Shirts etc if they were sensibly priced )

I just get jacked off with Clubs ripping every penny they possibly can from their supporters whilst paying over rated ,and mostly second rate , professionals , absolutely absurd amounts of money

Not just our club but across football generally with odd exceptions at a odd Few clubs 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You may be right about the kids , I don’t know what they cost if they are not a ST holder and the prices don’t effect me as I won’t buy any of it

( Actually I guess they do effect me as I would buy probably some Polo Shirts etc if they were sensibly priced )

I just get jacked off with Clubs ripping every penny they possibly can from their supporters whilst paying over rated ,and mostly second rate , professionals , absolutely absurd amounts of money

Not just our club but across football generally with odd exceptions at a odd Few clubs 

Completely agree. I was after a polo but having read comments about the quality I won’t be touching them and I ordered a smart looking one on eBay from a couple of seasons ago for £15. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hang on, you’re making the assumption that higher prices equals more profit. But it’s about finding the most profitable price point.

Perhaps less so with the replica shirt, but in the case of the £30 cotton t-shirt, that is very clearly grossly overpriced and I would question whether that is the most profitable price point. I reckon they could conceivably sell more than twice as many if they were half the price.

It would also be interesting to see how many more replica shirts they sold them for - say - £25 each.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hang on, you’re making the assumption that higher prices equals more profit. But it’s about finding the most profitable price point.

Perhaps less so with the replica shirt, but in the case of the £30 cotton t-shirt, that is very clearly grossly overpriced and I would question whether that is the most profitable price point. I reckon they could conceivably sell more than twice as many if they were half the price.

It would also be interesting to see how many more replica shirts they sold them for - say - £25 each.

Completely agree but you’d like to think someone at the club has made that call! 

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As for SL -

Remember last season when they had the half price sale. There were queues all around the shop with parents clutching hands full of merchandise and that was for a kit going out of date in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

Loved the new kit but the tailoring on it is strange. Always buy medium and it fits nicely apart from around the waist where it's terribly baggy, like a tent. Looks awful. Honestly, why not go with the cut of last year? I miss the Pro fit option in all honesty as with a bad cut they don't pass as fashionable items. At least not in my case. Shame.  Left the shop empty handed not having bought a single item with the new badge - that I love by the way.

I remain convinced that the players get kits that are tailored in different ways; in no way is it just down to them being athletes that they look good in them.

Edited by Yozzarian

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

Grown adults worried about what a badge looks like on a shirt, surely more important things in life to worry about. 

Posting on a forum about grown adults worrying about what a badge looks like on a shirt etc etc...

• Hmmm 1