IGNORED

SIGNED : Tomas Kalas - 4 Year deal

Ska Junkie

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Kasey Palmer says 'see you soon' on instagram. I know they are Chelsea teammates, but I wonder does he mean see you soon here?

Maybe Kalas has let Palmer have a couple of hours with his wife - after he sang a song to him... And is just meeting him soon....

5 minutes ago, swanker said:

Most probably going out for a drink together. 

I'm just assuming if Kalas is coming here soon like people seem to think then Palmer probably knows, and he means see you soon here. Maybe not though. Who knows.

But on Palmer, I would love us to sign him. Just watched Bolton FA cup highlights and Palmer was unbelievably good. His best performance for us. With LJ saying Palmer needs a preseason with us, that is a big indicator that he wants him here permanently.

He is only 22 which is so young. He clearly has all the talent to be a top player in years to come.

Palmer said there has been some talk about it being permanent in an interview soon after he joined.

And also another thing is LJ said about Palmer being like a Bobby Reid converted striker. Is LJ planning on not buying a striker, but buying Palmer and converting him into one I wonder?

21 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah like I said they are Chelsea teammates. I just wonder if he knows Kalas is coming here and he means here. It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.

I hope you're right Jon and they bring JDS along too. 

22 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

Unfortunately could mean the opposite - his national team manager could see us as not a big enough standard for him to warrant a start and he may need a bigger club for more exposure.

Or - maybe his manager remembers him getting a roasting in the recent England game. More likely to influence him than which club he plays at perhaps...

Just to make it clear - I'd love him to sign for us too.

I know we all want a top-notch striker, but I do wonder whether whether a 4411, with Palmer a more affordable (different) option and as @JonDolman says, at 22, only gonna get better....and would stop our midfield 2 getting quite as exposed as with 2 strikers in a 442. 

Kalas and Palmer.....might as well bring along their little mate Dasilva, save on petrol costs!!

If the rumour of £10m for the 3 of them, I think it would be fantastic business....and maybe a pre-season with LJ would make that difference and change a few opinions.  Personally I thought he was a real talent.  Add in Szmodics on a small compensation amount, and we are starting to look in better shape.

Right, I've allowed myself to get carried away.  Back to reality!

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know we all want a top-notch striker, but I do wonder whether whether a 4411, with Palmer a more affordable (different) option and as @JonDolman says, at 22, only gonna get better....and would stop our midfield 2 getting quite as exposed as with 2 strikers in a 442. 

Kalas and Palmer.....might as well bring along their little mate Dasilva, save on petrol costs!!

If the rumour of £10m for the 3 of them, I think it would be fantastic business....and maybe a pre-season with LJ would make that difference and change a few opinions.  Personally I thought he was a real talent.  Add in Szmodics on a small compensation amount, and we are starting to look in better shape.

If we could get all three for £10m that would be a real result and if it were my choice I would grab their hand off.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on Dave. To sign those 3 would be superb. I really do think that Palmer can be a number 9. He will improve in all areas I am sure. He just desperately needs to get fitter and put more sprints in a game. I wouldn't say he is lazy, I just think he was struggling and I hope it was just that he needs to get fitter. Also he needs to work on his movement off the ball. 

Plenty of work needed for him to play in that position, but he has all the attributes to do it I am sure.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Spot on Dave. To sign those 3 would be superb. I really do think that Palmer can be a number 9. He will improve in all areas I am sure. He just desperately needs to get fitter and put more sprints in a game. I wouldn't say he is lazy, I just think he was struggling and I hope it was just that he needs to get fitter. Also he needs to work on his movement off the ball. 

Plenty of work needed for him to play in that position, but he has all the attributes to do it I am sure.

Not sure a no9 in the traditional sense, but a “strike partner”cat least, who’ll run beyond (for someone for Fam to flick-on to), who can drop in to help the midfield.  I agree, not lazy, but I think he got tarred by City fans for losing balls in bad positions, when sometimes it’s failure of others to give him an angle.  He won’t bottle a tackle like Pato either.   I’m critical of players not doing the hard work to create passing angles, some more guilty than others....and sometimes it depends who has the ball.  Players give Dasilva better passing angles than others, possibly because they know they’ll get the ball.

Here’s a classic tweet today re England’s Dier.  It could easily have been applied to Declan Rice in the Dutch game.  It’s something that Henderson does give us that people miss.  He might not always go forward, but he always gives an option.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

My mate who is a Rangers fan says Rangers have made a serious offer for Kalas and its being reported on the news in Glasgow now. I'm a little concerned that we've been priced out on wages. 

Can’t see anything recent in the news of a bid from Rangers. It wouldn’t be difficult to find on the internet now.

I have had a wondering for a couple of weeks that we may have some slightly cringe but also exciting tweets in the next 2 weeks along the lines of 

“some surprises coming at 12” followed by “think of a number between 3 and 5” - they love that sort of stuff on twitter.

Then at 12 we see we have signed Kalas, Dasilva, Palmer and Szmodics.

And it takes a good few hours of snap-shotting the Villa and Gas piss take comments and questioning the media teams ridiculous announcement method before we suddenly realise - shit we just signed 4 players !!

7 hours ago, Spike said:

My mate who is a Rangers fan says Rangers have made a serious offer for Kalas and its being reported on the news in Glasgow now. I'm a little concerned that we've been priced out on wages. 

Why on earth would Kalas go and play in the SPL?

The whole European football thing is a myth - at best Rangers will reach the group stage of the Europa League and that might be a stretch.

As for wages, they don’t have the resources to outbid a well funded Championship club.

Going there would show a severe lack of ambition, which is not a character trait that I believe he has.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Interest from Rangers, Celtic, Feyenoord & Hull if Twitter is to be believed. Lots of tweets about Rangers for quite a while, supposed offer of £5M but TK preferring BCFC. No idea if any of it is true.

19 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Interest from Rangers, Celtic, Feyenoord & Hull if Twitter is to be believed. Lots of tweets about Rangers for quite a while, supposed offer of £5M but TK preferring BCFC. No idea if any of it is true.

This is almost the perfect OTIB post containing gossip, intrigue, doubt, fear and hope - all followed by a disclaimer. Had you managed to squeeze in innuendo and a pun it would have been perfection. Well done!

Bottom line - if TK signs for City then all well and good. If he signs elsewhere then so what? :dunno:

He and Webdini complemented each other last season but that doesn’t mean that another new CB wouldn’t do the same. 

I’d be more disappointed to lose AW than I would by not signing TK.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bottom line - if TK signs for City then all well and good. If he signs elsewhere then so what? :dunno:

He and Webdini complemented each other last season but that doesn’t mean that another new CB wouldn’t do the same. 

I’d be more disappointed to lose AW than I would by not signing TK.

But would only lose AW if a monster bid came in as he signed up for a good number years to come. So much news about TK a lot of it fake. When the holiday season is over we will see loads activity. Perhaps we can be hopeful as he said he liked Bristol and being part of something here will be an attraction 

Of course but there are a number of very decent CB out there, Clarke at Pompey to name just one. 

I well remember this time last season when otib was in meltdown over the thought of losing Bryan and Flint but LJ actually improved the squad by bringing in Webdini, Kalas and Dasilva. Sure two were season long loans from Chelsea with the option of signing JD - if LJ wanted him and he wanted to stay at AG. No news on that or any signings with pretty much everyone being on holiday.

Based on lat summers recruitment I have complete confidence in LJ to do the same again this time around.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we will sign DaSilva, Kalas and Palmer...all three will be announced at the same time, pictured wearing next season's kit. ?

Now that's interesting. If you were a different poster (naming no names), I'd think nothing of this but you have me very intrigued Spudski. Do you know anything?

Archived