Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

the red rules

No standing on back row of South Stannd and Dolman

Recommended Posts

Just received an email from the club that standing contravenes ground regulations and will reesult in ejection and if persistent withdrawl of season ticket.

A bit gutted myself as that is why I choose my seat at the back, but in fairness I have got away with it for years.

Not taking it personally as I noticed it was sent to 270 others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the red rules said:

Just received an email from the club that standing contravenes ground regulations and will reesult in ejection and if persistent withdrawl of season ticket.

A bit gutted myself as that is why I choose my seat at the back, but in fairness I have got away with it for years.

Not taking it personally as I noticed it was sent to 270 others.

You can’t stand outside the designated area, the efl are coming down hard on it this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the red rules said:

Just received an email from the club that standing contravenes ground regulations and will reesult in ejection and if persistent withdrawl of season ticket.

A bit gutted myself as that is why I choose my seat at the back, but in fairness I have got away with it for years.

Not taking it personally as I noticed it was sent to 270 others.

You counted the number on the circulation list? 🙄

Although, are the club breaking data protection if you can see all the email addresses? There is an expert on here @The Exiled Robin

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

You counted the number on the circulation list? 🙄

Although, are the club breaking data protection if you can see all the email addresses? There is an expert on here @The Exiled Robin

Someone has already responded to the email asking the same question as all out emails are jus in the to field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, East End Old Boy said:

You counted the number on the circulation list? 🙄

Although, are the club breaking data protection if you can see all the email addresses? There is an expert on here @The Exiled Robin

It said to me and 270 odd others and I think you may well be right about contravening data protection 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. Definite GDPR breach if data regarding who those 270 might be was released.

Needs immediate disclosure by the person who had responsibility for compliance.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think someone may be in trouble over this. My young son's email address on there (Luckily only created for Bristol City account).

Pretty poor by Dave Storr in Supporter Services

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no, don't stand, you might get injured!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't somebody think of the children!

The EFL can **** off.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fixit said:

Yep. Definite GDPR breach if data regarding who those 270 might be was released.

Needs immediate disclosure by the person who had responsibility for compliance.

MASSIVE problems for the club if any email than your own is visible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Presumably not extended to the Prem. There'd be no one left in the Kop. 

Read online about ejections for persistent standing from the Kop a season or 2 ago. Away sides have been known to have had reductions in allocation for this too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridiculous.  I used to get back problems sitting down at games for too long and sometimes went to stand at the back of the Dolman for the last 20 mins of games or so.  Every now and then a steward would come up asking me to sit down but I'd just explain why I was standing and they were usually ok with it.

Seems a bit petty to stop people doing it particularly given how slow they're taking to implement safe standing.

Edited by Roe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, phantom said:

MASSIVE problems for the club if any email than your own is visible 

I had another email linked to the official one :-

 

Under GDPR should you of copied everyone concerned into this email??
 
Best Regards
 
Neil Davey
 
it also had his mobile phone number. And I can see 295 e mail addresses. 
And I dunno why this text has gone big sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedReynard said:

Think someone may be in trouble over this. My young son's email address on there (Luckily only created for Bristol City account).

Pretty poor by Dave Storr in Supporter Services

Dave Storr aka the bully 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just needs a disclosure to the ICO, get a slap on the wrist. Doubt there’d be a fine for 290 odd emails disclosed in something like this.

Unless I’ve misinterpreted GDPR rules, and that’s why we’ve sold Pack... 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Just needs a disclosure to the ICO, get a slap on the wrist. Doubt there’d be a fine for 290 odd emails disclosed in something like this.

Unless I’ve misinterpreted GDPR rules, and that’s why we’ve sold Pack... 😂

If it’s a first offence that’s generally the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it’s not safe for you to stand at a football match but it’s safe to show hundreds of peoples Email Addresses including children’s? Ok then. 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bcc is your friend BCFC.

 

 

 

can’t see it being a big deal to be honest unless everyone in the list has Br1stolC1ty! As their e-mail password. Slap on the wrist nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put in a GDPR complaint if you want, but if we get a fine of 2% of our turnover and the price of a pint is increased to £6 a pop, we’ll know who to blame. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Roe said:

Ridiculous.  I used to get back problems sitting down at games for too long and sometimes went to stand at the back of the Dolman for the last 20 mins of games or so.  Every now and then a steward would come up asking me to sit down but I'd just explain why I was standing and they were usually ok with it.

Seems a bit petty to stop people doing it particularly given how slow they're taking to implement safe standing.

May seem rather petty and as it goes I tend to agree.

However as someone who periodically reads up on safe standing issue and how it's progressing, this seems somewhat in line- unfortunately.

By which I mean possible the idea is allow designated safe standing areas to do just that while zero tolerance elsewhere- just a theory anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had a seat on the back row I'd be standing up as well. To everyone that got an email, just carry on standing. What they gonna do, throw out every single fan who's standing? Like to see them try that. I fully expect to see a row of people standing at the back of the Dolman v QPR, as there have always been. If it was so dangerous, wouldn't it of caused a problem by now?! Never understood how celebrating a goal is allowed but standing still is such a risk...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed on tv yesterday that Wolves were working on a whole section of one of their stands. They were putting in rail seats, I thought this was our plan a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty annoyed at this. Another step to the complete and utter sterilisation of AG. No one who does it causes any harm whatsoever to anyone I’d imagine so just wondering what the need for it is from the club. Just seems antagonistic.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Pretty annoyed at this. Another step to the complete and utter sterilisation of AG. No one who does it causes any harm whatsoever to anyone I’d imagine so just wondering what the need for it is from the club. Just seems antagonistic.  

its not just usits the whole EFL and government legislation we can't ignore it, no matter how much the club disagree with ti 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Harry said:

Put in a GDPR complaint if you want, but if we get a fine of 2% of our turnover and the price of a pint is increased to £6 a pop, we’ll know who to blame. 

You wouldn't get a fine for this sort of breach. You'd just get a stern warning not to do it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its not just usits the whole EFL and government legislation we can't ignore it, no matter how much the club disagree with ti 

Well if that is the case then I look forward to seeing all people sitting at all games. But it won’t happen as we all know. It won’t even happen in our away end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its not just usits the whole EFL and government legislation we can't ignore it, no matter how much the club disagree with ti 

Will cause more issues than it's worth/it solves IMO regardless of whose 'brainwave' it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be missing something here but if you’ve paid for a ST that guarantees you a seat , why would you want to stand? ..I’m not saying don’t stand ,and if someone wants to and it’s not restricting anyone’s view of the game then it’s not a problem as far as I’m concerned but personally I’d rather sit than stand if I’ve paid for a seat ...:yawn:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

I might be missing something here but if you’ve paid for a ST that guarantees you a seat , why would you want to stand? ..I’m not saying don’t stand ,and if someone wants to and it’s not restricting anyone’s view of the game then it’s not a problem as far as I’m concerned but personally I’d rather sit than stand if I’ve paid for a seat ...:yawn:

Did these people choose this place to sit or because in the past they knew that they could stand there?

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RedReynard said:

Think someone may be in trouble over this. My young son's email address on there (Luckily only created for Bristol City account).

Pretty poor by Dave Storr in Supporter Services

He’s the head of security ground safety etc, he isn’t supporter services. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Did these people choose this place to sit or because in the past they knew that they could stand there?

I had an Atyeo back seat for 15 years or so mostly I stood but sat down when every now and again the stewards came up and requested it.  

Got a back seat in SS for the same reason and stood, except at half time or when I'm really fed up and 3-0 down.

So I'll be sensible and no doubt be like a Jack in the box up and down depending what happens on the pitch.

As I intimated earlier I find it unfair they will not try and regulate the away fans but will us, despite not blocking others view + helping to lift the home crowd around us.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Will cause more issues than it's worth/it solves IMO regardless of whose 'brainwave' it was.

I agree we can blame the thatcher government and the tory government for not lifting restrictions after it turned out the tories and it’s mouth piece the sun lied to get the legislation through in the place,

anger shouldn’t be aim at the club for up holding the law, it should be aimed at the law makers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Dave Storr aka the bully 

Dave Storr really helped me out last season when I needed dispensation to bring medical equipment into the ground without being searched. He's got a job to do that probably rubs people up the wrong way at times but he'll help when it is needed. 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Pretty annoyed at this. Another step to the complete and utter sterilisation of AG. No one who does it causes any harm whatsoever to anyone I’d imagine so just wondering what the need for it is from the club. Just seems antagonistic.  

I think the answer is probably that they need to show the EFL they have tried to stop people from doing it and aren't condoning it. It might save us a needless fine if it looks like we are trying to tell people not to stand. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

I might be missing something here but if you’ve paid for a ST that guarantees you a seat , why would you want to stand? ..I’m not saying don’t stand ,and if someone wants to and it’s not restricting anyone’s view of the game then it’s not a problem as far as I’m concerned but personally I’d rather sit than stand if I’ve paid for a seat ...:yawn:

Some of us wanna stand up.... But cant get entry without paying for a SEAT. Personally I am actually paying for entry not the seat.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Someone posted a copy of the letter on Twitter- don't worry no identifying details are visible.

2019.08.09.11.32.16.png

Reading that it is interesting why they are highlighting a specific row and not larger parts of the ground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Reading that it is interesting why they are highlighting a specific row and not larger parts of the ground

Quite.

The away fans the big one and then the next biggest would be the Singing Section. Wonder if either of these will be next or at least if they'll try it.

This just seems to come up every few years though- pretty sure people have stood on the back row of stands for a long time.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a side note, this suggests to me that there won't be any expansion or rush to expand the Singing Section anytime soon, this direction of travel- be it club led or by an external body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Unan said:

I’m sure they’re made to send it, as is every other club, and they won’t regulate it.

True, I'm sure it was Matt Parsons that said on here (about the singing area) that the club had to be seen to be sending a message out, but in reality nothing was going to change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...