Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Poor first half from city . But this player has been exceptional. Loved Pack but he couldn’t lace AN boots. Encouraging 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Aubergine 1
  • Robin 1

Nagy is top quality. Just need more movement around him. Brownhill has had some good moments but goes quiet too often. Need more from him especially with 3 CBs behind them

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Behave you melt. He’s a definite upgrade. 

Melt... superb.

• Aubergine 1

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Haven’t seen him play but you don’t need a degree in football manager to know this guy gonna be bloody brilliant at Champ level

You mean I wasted my time?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Taz said:

Just seen he's gone off injured? Bad one?

Lets hope not, he was everywhere first half almost like having an extra body in midfield.

• Like 1

Any info yet re his injury? Thought he was impressive first half, hope an injury doesn’t dampen a good day!

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

These first two appearance give me the same bad feeling I had about Adam Webster...

promotion or goodbye!

Promotion or £20m, sounds good

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

These first two appearance give me the same bad feeling I had about Adam Webster...

promotion or goodbye!

From now on, we only buy Adams.

Edited by TBW
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Behave you melt. He’s a definite upgrade. 

He may well be but why the need to have a pop at Marlon? He’s a major reason of where we are today. 

• Like 4

Nagy looked excellent today. Kante ‘esque. 

A quality addition to the side. 

• Like 2

Nadge looked excellent and a definite upgrade on Pack.

Shame he got a knock but Messengo did an equally impressive job second half. The  lad was very impressive and unfortunate not to bag a debut goal

• Like 3

He looked absolutely superb. I was watching him warm up and he looked liked he had something about him, and that first 45 showed it. Hopefully not serious regard injury.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Nagy is top quality. Just need more movement around him. Brownhill has had some good moments but goes quiet too often. Need more from him especially with 3 CBs behind them

And the fact he is supposed to  be leading the team now

32 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

He may well be but why the need to have a pop at Marlon? He’s a major reason of where we are today. 

Haven’t and wouldn’t slag him off . It’s an observation and an old saying. He couldn’t lace his boots. 

• Like 1

Adam Nagy, when on the pitch today, was easily the best player on it. He demands the ball, keeps it simple and moves it quickly. Took his goal exceptionally well as well. 

I think the thing I liked the most was when Taylor Moore was robbed on the Halfway Line by Eze, Nagy was straight into his stride and on Ezes trail, closing him down and stopping him in his tracks. I just hope his injury isn't serious, he's already a key member of our XI.

• Like 10

Just now, Robin101 said:

LJ seems to suggest a rolled ankle?

Yea, doesn’t sound too serious. Keep everything crossed cus this lad is out Player of the Season in waiting! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Yea, doesn’t sound too serious. Keep everything crossed cus this lad is out Player of the Season in waiting! 

Sold for £30m next summer 

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Haven’t and wouldn’t slag him off . It’s an observation and an old saying. He couldn’t lace his boots. 

All @Super said was stop slating Pack nothing about Nagy being an upgrade on MP? From what I’ve seen so far they are totally different players, Nagy likes to get forward whereas MP liked sitting back more, all those slating him fail to see all the ‘dirty work’ that he did (much like Diedhiou) and all because it’s not pleasing on the eye they label him crap.

• Like 3

Wasn’t as good as last week imo, but he was being a little more adventurous going forward so lost the ball a little more. 

Really hope it’s not a serous injury. Will be a vital player for us (and my bet for player of the season). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

All @Super said was stop slating Pack nothing about Nagy being an upgrade on MP? From what I’ve seen so far they are totally different players, Nagy likes to get forward whereas MP liked sitting back more, all those slating him fail to see all the ‘dirty work’ that he did (much like Diedhiou) and all because it’s not pleasing on the eye they label him crap.

Where does he slate pack? He actually said he loved him? From that first 45 miniutes they are not to dissimilar except he likes to get forward ASWELL.

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I think whilst pack had some decent qualities he also had a number of deficiencies and imo made our midfield and general play sluggish. 

I think people are just quite excited about Nagy being much more dynamic and an all rounder which inevitably highlights Pack’s shortcomings.

Edited by RedSA

He was class today, But as with Massengo and Palmer, it’s a long tough season, and teams will undoubtedly target him as the key player. 

No need for the dig at Pack, different players, different strengths.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, TBW said:

From now on, we only buy Adams.

Now he was some centre half - bit past it now - but instrumental to the gooners’ initial success under Mr Wenger ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think he can certainly do things Pack can't. Pace, technique, being able to change direction with the ball quickly. Good in tight paces and willing to get forward. Great strike on the goal. Very promising midfield we have now.

• Like 1

He was excellent at Birmingham last week and even better today.

He is an incredibly intelligent footballer and a great signing. The Hungarian Busquets!

• Like 1

Pack is a good player. However his shooting is iffy and he’s a bit slow which slows us down 

Nagy ups the tempo and covers ground faster and more of it. Also he can shoot. MP and Patto have been replaced. Both have been great for us and I will stand and applaud when ever they come. But we have increased our tempo and have several quality new players. 

If we can keep them healthy I think we have a real chance as Weimann and Afobe already look comfortable as a pair!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

LJ seems to suggest a rolled ankle?

He limped around for a few minutes, then seemed to be ok.  Might’ve stiffened up at h-t, and decision made not to risk it.

Can see the comparisons to pack as they perform the same role.

Nagy is quicker keeps it simple drives better and has a better footballing brain....pack is better in the air.

I think he is a serious upgrade.

• Like 2