Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Taylor Moore A Rock Today!


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TRL said:

oh i think there is, you are and always have been a self righteous sniveling **** of the highest order who feels the need to go back and pick up on the littlest things to somehow make a point about something that is weirdly rattling around that cavernous skull of yours.

You are that annoying work colleague who snipes away in the background making digs.  You know the type, the one everyone in the office hates, but never tells them.

 

It's not often I attack a poster but you are possible the worst person I have ever witnessed posting on a forum, and there have been some belters in the past.

 

As i have pointed out several time in the past, those in glass houses should not cast stones..  And you, sonny Jim are the exact type of person that saying sums up

 

If I get a warning post or banned I don't really care years of watching your sniveling self righteous bile has popped out today.

 

Amen.

 

Better off your chest.

Not a RedDave fan then ?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Taylor Moore, for me is another example of the way a young players’ development isn’t always a simple and obvious path.

Not only that, he is one of a few players who, despite the influx of new players into the club, in their position, are upping their game and fighting their way into the first 11. Great to have that competition in the squad and a very positive sign.

Who would have believed anyone who’d have predicted us in 4th with Baker and Moore as 2 key factors at this stage?!

Cracking advert for the 'pathway' isn't he? A couple of years experience at a lower level and now we're seeing the potential we purchased a few years ago.

Well done City and well done Taylor Moore. Keep up these level of performances and we'll be fending off bids for a CH, again! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at the title of this thread and see 2 pages about Taylor Moors, I'm thinking that's really good that everyone is being positive about a young player that's broke into the team. Only to find out as usual its a slanging match between our own fans. This is why this forum is shite!! We won ffs we should all just be happy!! 😊 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some proper nasty people on this forum. Shame. Red dave just pointing out people were so wrong about Moore. And I think based on very little or no evidence, unless they were all watching Southend games. Still too early to say for sure but at 22 and playing so well, it would seem he will be a good championship defender minimum, possibly even Prem if he keeps improving.

Last season Southend fans loved him in a poor Southend side, which makes it even harder to look good in. There was a clear sign of progress from Cheltenham to Southend. And going on all the comments all season from Southend fans, I thought he had a great chance of making it with us, but didn't expect it to be this season necessarily.

He so far might be wrong about Bentley. I was concerned about the signing too as Brentford fans mainly didn't rate him and he made so many horrendous errors, I was worried we had bought a goalie who would carry on as he was at Brentford. Excellent last few games and got a nice problem in that position with Niki coming back.

I do find it interesting that young players have been and still are so often talked about by fans on here as not good enough at this level and won't be. When in fact they're 21 at the time and years away from their prime.

I actually said similar when I started a thread joking that apparently Moore found his level at Cheltenham in league two, then found his level in league one. Would have been harsh if people had a go and called me names, and no one did. It's an interesting point Red Dave makes. Very childish to call him names.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel so pleased for him, I really do, because he’s had to do it the hard way for us.

Within half an hour of the Leeds game I thought he looked a completely different player to what we’d seen before, despite people pouncing on him for a couple of poor mistakes.

He’s not perfect - and neither was Adam Webster, by the way - but he seems to be learning quickly and you can’t ask for more than that.

If he keeps improving, with his very obvious leadership qualities and demeanour, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this time next year he was Bristol City captain.

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Southend fan here - so pleased to hear that Taylor is doing well .   He was great for us and seemed a really nice guy - his celebrations when we managed to stay up in the last few minutes of last season showed how much he cared for the team he is part of.    Hope that his (and your) good form continues.    With five defeats for us this season how I wish he was still with us.

Thanks for your post  Chris

& Welcome to the forum 

Tough start for you & Thought you had three points on track today 😞 

Good Luck this season and welcome back on here anytime 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Some proper nasty people on this forum. Shame. Red dave just pointing out people were so wrong about Moore. And I think based on very little or no evidence, unless they were all watching Southend games. Still too early to say for sure but at 22 and playing so well, it would seem he will be a good championship defender minimum, possibly even Prem if he keeps improving.

Last season Southend fans loved him in a poor Southend side, which makes it even harder to look good in. There was a clear sign of progress from Cheltenham to Southend. And going on all the comments all season from Southend fans, I thought he had a great chance of making it with us, but didn't expect it to be this season necessarily.

He so far might be wrong about Bentley. I was concerned about the signing too as Brentford fans mainly didn't rate him and he made so many horrendous errors, I was worried we had bought a goalie who would carry on as he was at Brentford. Excellent last few games and got a nice problem in that position with Niki coming back.

I do find it interesting that young players have been and still are so often talked about by fans on here as not good enough at this level and won't be. When in fact they're 21 at the time and years away from their prime.

I actually said similar when I started a thread joking that apparently Moore found his level at Cheltenham in league two, then found his level in league one. Would have been harsh if people had a go and called me names, and no one did. It's an interesting point Red Dave makes. Very childish to call him names.

Unsurprisingly , you’ don’t get it

If someone is going to make big opinions/judgements  on players (And as most people wrong ones at times) maybe it’s not the brightest thing to do to drag up threads and posts from months ago and dig at others , (After we’ve just won away 3-1 btw) because others are likely to point yours too

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unsurprisingly , you’ don’t get it

If someone is going to make big opinions/judgements  on players (And as most people wrong ones at times) maybe it’s not the brightest thing to do to drag up threads and posts from months ago and dig at others , (After we’ve just won away 3-1 btw) because others are likely to point yours too

 

 

Does this mean nobody will ever drag up Cauley Woodrow again 😂😂😜

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Southend fan here - so pleased to hear that Taylor is doing well .   He was great for us and seemed a really nice guy - his celebrations when we managed to stay up in the last few minutes of last season showed how much he cared for the team he is part of.    Hope that his (and your) good form continues.    With five defeats for us this season how I wish he was still with us.

Welcome Chris.

It was very noticeable how much Moore had beefed up since we last saw him in a City shirt. He’s now built like a proper bloke whereas before he was still very much built like a lad.

He’s also significantly improved as a CB/defender and says how much he benefited from being loaned out to gain experience of competitive league football.

Ive seen him twice now at AG and despite a couple of minor errors saw enough to recognise his potential. I can see him going a long way in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Does this mean nobody will ever drag up Cauley Woodrow again 😂😂😜

You were one of few to see his potential mate !

I didn’t really see a chance of TM breaking through here and as I keep saying wasn’t wild about KP either !

:comando: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Some proper nasty people on this forum. Shame. Red dave just pointing out people were so wrong about Moore. And I think based on very little or no evidence, unless they were all watching Southend games. Still too early to say for sure but at 22 and playing so well, it would seem he will be a good championship defender minimum, possibly even Prem if he keeps improving.

Last season Southend fans loved him in a poor Southend side, which makes it even harder to look good in. There was a clear sign of progress from Cheltenham to Southend. And going on all the comments all season from Southend fans, I thought he had a great chance of making it with us, but didn't expect it to be this season necessarily.

He so far might be wrong about Bentley. I was concerned about the signing too as Brentford fans mainly didn't rate him and he made so many horrendous errors, I was worried we had bought a goalie who would carry on as he was at Brentford. Excellent last few games and got a nice problem in that position with Niki coming back.

I do find it interesting that young players have been and still are so often talked about by fans on here as not good enough at this level and won't be. When in fact they're 21 at the time and years away from their prime.

I actually said similar when I started a thread joking that apparently Moore found his level at Cheltenham in league two, then found his level in league one. Would have been harsh if people had a go and called me names, and no one did. It's an interesting point Red Dave makes. Very childish to call him names.

I bet that Southend fans are drooling over his performances with us and wishing he was back with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I didn’t really see a chance of TM breaking through here and as I keep saying wasn’t wild about KP either !

Crikey Bob.............:shocking: I barely believe that you’re admitting you were wrong about TM and there was I assuming that with you scouting skills and experience that you could recognise a fine player when you saw one.

How wrong I was..............:facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's horses for courses.

Some players work out at some Clubs...others don't.

In Taylor Moore's case, he's young...but intelligent and obviously driven and determined.

He's been given the task to improve in certain areas... he's obviously worked on those areas and is 100% commited in proving his point...

If he continues in the same vein, it will prove LJ right, in that he needed to catch up to speed with British football as a defender.

As for Scouting...it's all very well finding a 'footballer'...but Scouting a player these days is down to the criteria of what a coach wants. Each Club want different things. What works for some, doesn't work for others... doesn't mean they are a bad player.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Crikey Bob.............:shocking: I barely believe that you’re admitting you were wrong about TM and there was I assuming that with you scouting skills and experience that you could recognise a fine player when you saw one.

How wrong I was..............:facepalm:

So how long have you been claiming TM is a Championship Centre Half Einstein ?

About two weeks

Yep, I get players wrong (TM had shown us little to suggest anything different and I couldn’t see him ousting who was here - Good Luck to the lad he’s grabbing his chance with both hands) but I also know the basic rules of football , things that are happening at our club , and can spot a troll and a bellend from a mile

 

As you are jumping in and full of words - I’ll remind you what I said before , that considering your age , and (alleged) devoted following BCFC you are probably the most clueless person I’ve ever seen posting about our club or football generally  :thumbsup:

 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

No it’s not a football opinion is it. You keep digging at people , which funnily enough when it’s put back on you , you don’t like it. 

BORE OFF YOU WET FLANNEL THIS IS ONLY A FORUM NO NEED TO DIG OR TAKE THINGS PERSONAL HUN HOPE YOU CAN CALM DOWN?

  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just caught up on this thread. What a heartwarming read.

I’m nit sure if you mean this or your tongue is firmly in your cheek with some of the utter na na na nah nah bollox. But the kid has been class. Long may it continue! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So how long have you been claiming TM is a Championship Centre Half Einstein ?

About two weeks

Yep, I get players wrong (TM had shown us little to suggest anything different and I couldn’t see him ousting who was here - Good Luck to the lad he’s grabbing his chance with both hands) but I also know the basic rules of football , things that are happening at our club , and can spot a troll and a bellend from a mile

 

As you are jumping in and full of words - I’ll remind you what I said before , that considering your age , and (alleged) devoted following BCFC you are probably the most clueless person I’ve ever seen posting about our club or football generally  :thumbsup:

 

(alleged)

 

 

hahaha

excellent

good post

 

robbo more likely to have watched Matty Taylor than Taylor Moore today

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chrisb said:

Southend fan here - so pleased to hear that Taylor is doing well .   He was great for us and seemed a really nice guy - his celebrations when we managed to stay up in the last few minutes of last season showed how much he cared for the team he is part of.    Hope that his (and your) good form continues.    With five defeats for us this season how I wish he was still with us.

Hey ChrisB. Thanks for that. He has played out of his skin. Already got a contract extension and if this continues another will come. Adam Who?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...