IGNORED

Bristol City v Middlesbrough Match Day 6

Septic Peg

Late to this, but thought we bossed it for an hour but by the end can't complain too much with a point. Both their goals had an element of luck mind. Eliasson was excellent throughout, Weimann, Afobe, Rowe, Moore and Baker played well. Palmer was great first half, faded after half time. Was a little disappointed in Massengo, but you could see the quality that's there. Hopefully he's not out for long. 

Overall, we did pretty well and it feels like this team has more to give

Late to this, but thought we bossed it for an hour but by the end can't complain too much with a point. Both their goals had an element of luck mind. Eliasson was excellent throughout, Weimann, Afobe, Rowe, Moore and Baker played well. Palmer was great first half, faded after half time. Was a little disappointed in Massengo, but you could see the quality that's there. Hopefully he's not out for long. 

I think 2 - 2 was a fair result today, a game of two halves but not in that sort of sense. First half was real end to end stuff, and really exciting to watch. Fair play to Boro, who came at us and could have possibly had 2 or 3 in that first half. It has to be said we looked dangerous on the counter as well however, and probably created a similar number of chances as them. 2nd half, I think we tried to slow the game down, and Boro probably got what they deserved at the end. Disappointed slightly yes, but as Lee said in his presser 11 from 6 is a great start. Reasons to be positive for sure. Boro look like a side, albeit in transition, but potentially a side that could get much better as the season progresses. So overall, I'm not too upset about a point! That first half though, a great advert for the championship and I'm sure it was entertaining for the neutrals watching on sky. 

3 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes, I think Lee only had him back because of our lack of strikers, now that Afobe is here, he should be out on loan to a League One club in January to gain more experience.

Yeah. Bring back Matty Taylor. He has such a positive impact from the bench.

36 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

we missed Pack today

Disagree. The speed in which Massengo was on the opponents was key. Pack instead of him then I think we would really have struggled.

6 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Watched the game on Sky as no longer living in Bristol. I wondered how those at the game thought Brownhill played. From watching on TV almost forgot he was playing. 

First half barely noticeable, 2nd was still trying when others had run out of steam, had a couple of shots but would have been better passing the ball.

15 hours ago, 054123 said:

That’s complete bullshit if so.

what an unnecessary and pointless rule change.

pathetic is strong enough when trying to describe it.

I don’t disagree with you, try being a defender with it!

its not new this season though, been this way at least 2/3 seasons

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think they could've won, may feel a bit unlucky not to have won but in no way did they 'dominate from start to finish'!

I had us shading the first half so that's just partisan nonsense from Woodgate. Second half was theirs.

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think they could've won, may feel a bit unlucky not to have won but in no way did they 'dominate from start to finish'!

Par for the course one eyed verdicts from these managers, talking up them and theirs, 40 shots in the game 18-22 to them , similar on target , 2-2 draw , yeh you dominated Mr Woodgate 

18 hours ago, chipdawg said:

Did you actually read this before you posted it, you were right the first time.

17 hours ago, dave36 said:

I thought there were multiple offsides today, only ones flagged were ours in the main, linos either disinterested or too far behind the game, especially the slap head in front of the Lansdown.  Otherwise good game and better to look forward to!  COYR

Aren't bald men supposedly more virile??

Shouldn't have been a problem getting his flag up.

On 31/08/2019 at 17:41, Redrascal2 said:

Watched the game on Sky as no longer living in Bristol. I wondered how those at the game thought Brownhill played. From watching on TV almost forgot he was playing. 

I just spotted that Brownhill actually had the most touches of the ball for City!

Archived