Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

ZiderEyed

Fulham forums

Deliciously salty:

- I am so bitterly pissed off by the Ref & the BC cynical tactics. Both a total disgrace to the honest game.

- Dishing out yellow cards to save himself from the truth that he's bad at his job. Lost control of the game.

- Has to be the worst ref decision in history. Something has to be done with this ref. All game he has been played by Bristol City.

- Robbed

- Hard to remember a more blatant penalty not given than that one with the ref having a clear view.

- Wrong man in the dugout today! Lee Johnson doing wonders on a shoestring budget compared to the performances Parker dishes out with us.

Very pleasing reading.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Deliciously salty:

- I am so bitterly pissed off by the Ref & the BC cynical tactics. Both a total disgrace to the honest game.

- Dishing out yellow cards to save himself from the truth that he's bad at his job. Lost control of the game.

- Has to be the worst ref decision in history. Something has to be done with this ref. All game he has been played by Bristol City.

- Robbed

- Hard to remember a more blatant penalty not given than that one with the ref having a clear view.

- Wrong man in the dugout today! Lee Johnson doing wonders on a shoestring budget compared to the performances Parker dishes out with us.

Very pleasing reading.

It makes a change for the ref to be on ‘ our side ‘ .

:laughcont:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, weepywall said:

Not sure that LJ is working on a shoestring budget to be honest, glad we have wound them up though 👍👍

I suspect Fulham's wage bill is considerably bigger than ours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

I suspect Fulham's wage bill is considerably bigger than ours.

We know ours is in the bottom half of the Championship.

We certainly got the rub of the green with Jeremy Simpson’s decisions, but penalty aside, I thought he kept off a few very cynical Fulham challenges.  Knockaert (what a cock) could've easily had 4 yellow cards today, you could argue one of them might’ve been a red.

I would say he was pretty fair...just looks worse (for Fulham) when they don’t play ball for the big club or home club, or both.  They got Jeremy Simpson today, not “Homer” Simpson.

Good old / little old Bristol City!

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Knockaert should've got a straight red in the first half too so...

He was a total eejit the whole game, i noticed him and Rowe having words a few times.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Deliciously salty:

- Robbed

Very pleasing reading.

And still he wasn't the reason we won, nor Dan Bentley. You lost to the better team on the day.. Lose, and learn to lose like men  you ******* whingers.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Cynical tactics,ref being 'played' by City......about time!

Like Warnocks teams always did and pissed everyone,like it or not you have to play with the tools you got,if I was them I would worry about a forward who earns over 40 grand a week looking like a novice against our back line 

• Like 1

We out played them for 85 minutes. Massengo and Nagy were magnificent as were Baker and Williams...We earned our win and a slice of luck. The ref had no doubts no pen. It was just desperate players going nuts!

As someone said, its about time we were not playing the ref!! I’m stilled pissed off about PNE away!

• Like 1

We got ****** out of 2 extra points for Preston’s equaliser coming from a foul on Baker. Ref today missed a stonewall pen for them to potentially see us draw. 

These things always even out

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

We got ****** out of 2 extra points for Preston’s equaliser coming from a foul on Baker. Ref today missed a stonewall pen for them to potentially see us draw. 

These things always even out

We like to tell ourselves that when we are on the wrong end of refereeing decisions but I wonder if there are stats to bear out the statement. 

• Like 1

I’m gutted for them that they are so triggered they won’t get to sleep tonight then when they open up the paper tomorrow it will still say Fulham 1 Bristol City 2........never mind.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We like to tell ourselves that when we are on the wrong end of refereeing decisions but I wonder if there are stats to bear out the statement. 

Preston’s 3rd was a foul, 2 of West Brom’s goals were offside, Assombalonga was offside for Boro’s 2nd, QPRs penalty in the league cup was not a pen in a million years. That’s just off the top of my noggin for this season so far

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Definitely the most generous ref we've had for a while. Waved off a blatant penalty and pretty much gave us every 50/50.

Still Fulham deserve all of this for giving their fans those horrendous clapper things. For a club steeped in history and heritage those things are a disgrace. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It was a definite penalty at 2-1 but I can live with it not being given. Didn’t think there was anything else wrong with ref other than that. 

Fulham only got themselves to blame for the defeat - poor for 85 minutes. City brilliant - especially in first half when they created nothing. 

16 minutes ago, yardy said:

He was a total eejit the whole game, i noticed him and Rowe having words a few times.

Not that I like to see it, but had the game stayed 2-0 and Fulham not throwing the kitchen sink, I wouldn’t have criticised any player for going in very strongly on him.  That push on HNM by a narrow touchline was awful.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

At least 5 times more I would imagine 

They are still paying PL contracts which is why parachute payments were introduced in the first place.

• Hedgehog 1

I'll drink to you tonight, Mr. Simpson. The only thing you didn't do right was sent off that little bell end Knockaert.

Cheers mate!

Jeremy-Simpson-Referee-1024x576.jpg

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

It was a definite penalty at 2-1 but I can live with it not being given. Didn’t think there was anything else wrong with ref other than that. 

Fulham only got themselves to blame for the defeat - poor for 85 minutes. City brilliant - especially in first half when they created nothing. 

Like Forest last night in the first half they thought they only had to turn up to win. The likes of Knockaert and Mitrovic have massive egos and really don't take well to being outplayed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

They are still paying PL contracts which is why parachute payments were introduced in the first place.

Cheers Kieran Maguire.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Best team won today. Respect to Fulham as they just kept coming but we did a proper job on them today, front to back. Bar the pen appeal i don't think the ref was ever in a position to 'do them favour'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why should they have parachute payments. All clubs should put relegation clauses in there contracts, just isn’t a fair playing field they can carry on paying those wages.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Best team won today. Respect to Fulham as they just kept coming but we did a proper job on them today, front to back. Bar the pen appeal i don't think the ref was ever in a position to 'do them favour'.

Shame they showed us zero respect though literally dragging our subs off the field at one point  :laugh:. Oh, well I'm sure they'll get over losing to Bristol City, it must be hard.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Why should they have parachute payments. All clubs should put relegation clauses in there contracts, just isn’t a fair playing field they can carry on paying those wages.

That’s a separate debate altogether.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Normal practice is for contracts to include a substantial pay cut when a club is relegated. Though they may well have made an exception for the likes of Mitrovic and might be paying Knockaert 's full Brighton wage perhaps.

Nevertheless the Fulham fan was right, in wage terms LJ is on a shoestring budget compared to Parker.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Shame they showed us zero respect though literally dragging our subs off the field at one point  :laugh:. Oh, well I'm sure they'll get over losing to Bristol City, it must be hard.

Easy to understand the frustration, we've all been there. We saw the game out perfectly.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Like Forest last night in the first half they thought they only had to turn up to win. The likes of Knockaert and Mitrovic have massive egos and really don't take well to being outplayed.

Never liked Knockaert. Ever since he fell over for that penalty for Leicester against Watford ( play off semi final ) when it was then missed and they scored up the other end by Troy deeney . Brilliant sky sports Coverage and loved seeing him realised he’d screwed it up .. 

Edited by Brann-red
  • Like 2

I said a couple of months ago that over the last 12 months we've been a bit more horrible to play against and players standing up for each other, about time after years of teams doing it to us. 

Some Fulham fans bemoaning our antics  :laugh: Anyone remember that pathetic face-holding incident with Mitrovic by the corner flag not too long ago?

Pathetic wasn't the word really. More totally embarrassing to watch.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

They're getting used to it hence the bitterness on their forum

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Generally player wages come down on relegation,  it's built into the contracts.

The issue is and especially last 10-20 years,  is that the gap has grown so big that even with say 1/3-50% reductions, parachute payments still necessary in most cases.  Don't think you could really get away with more than that range.

How it's implemented, well that's a whole different issue and lots of shortcomings there for sure!

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A couple on there are having a go at Knockeart for kicking Niclas to be fair.

Knockaert is the ideal player to face IF you are leading in the game, and a nightmare if you are losing. Ideal because although being clearly talented, the guy easily loses it when things aren't going his way. A red card waiting to happen, total liability etc... should have walked today for the Eliasson kick out

I loved today, and I loved seeing him rattled especially. Him and ol' my face hurts Mitrovic and even he's one of our own Joey at one point haha (no offense Joe, we love you at BCFC) but seriously he was  :laugh:

Loved today, well done everyone at BCFC for a great day

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Like Warnocks teams always did and pissed everyone,

**like it or not you have to play with the tools you got,

if I was them I would worry about a forward who earns over 40 grand a week looking like a novice against our back line 

**pretty sure they do... - Cockney W**k*rs !

Not many teams will go to the Cottage and create a goal where the opposition striker is literally stood on the goal-line on his own with no-one within 7 or 8 yds for the world's simplest tap in.....we created that today. Fulham should be embarrassed by that.

Cockney t**ts.

Edited by BanburyRed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

Not many teams will go to the Cottage and create a goal where the opposition striker is literally stood on the goal-line on his own with no-one within 7 or 8 yds for the world's simplest tap in.....we created that today. Fulham should be embarrassed by that.

Cockney *****.

****, i so wish Fammy had've gotten on his knees and claimed a headed goal today (a la Chrissy Garland v Gas). Shame on you Famara!  :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If it was a penalty, why did the ref not give it?  He seemed to see it clearly enough.

Perhaps it was because the Fulham player made such a big deal out of a slight touch?

I have to say it looked like a pen to me and I've watched it about 6 times 

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If it was a penalty, why did the ref not give it?  He seemed to see it clearly enough.

Perhaps it was because the Fulham player made such a big deal out of a slight touch?

I have to say it looked like a pen to me and I've watched it about 6 times 

I've looked at it several times and I'm NOT convinced it was a pen. Of course we've all seen them given, but my two penn'orth is that I think he dives, COD has his arms raised away from the guy just before the "contact" as if he knew the bloke was going to do one.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I've looked at it several times and I'm NOT convinced it was a pen. Of course we've all seen them given, but my two penn'orth is that I think he dives, COD has his arms raised away from the guy just before the "contact" as if he knew the bloke was going to do one.

Completely agree slarti.

To me it looked like one of those "penalty issues" where the striker sees the opportunity  to make contact with the defender and then, as you say, makes the most with a spectacular dive. 

In fairness, if it was at AG and we were fighting back from 2 down in stoppage time, we'd all be screaming for a penalty as well!

Williams led by example when it came to game management today. He moved the ball forward for a free kick knowing full well the referee would tell him to take it back ten yards. Cheers ref that’s thirty seconds gone. 
AW has been brilliant in so many ways, The hunt yellow that led to a minor scuffle was so well played out it was unreal. You talk about game management and we finally seem to have grasped it! 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yeah I can't tell from the angle. Both commentators seemed to the think it was a blatant pen!

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah I can't tell from the angle. Both commentators seemed to the think it was a blatant pen!

I've tried to see several times, very hard to tell, but to be fair the Ref is a lot closer. One thing , it does look like COD does try and jump to avoid the players heels, and it does look a little like he plays for a touch. That said the Ref didn't book him for diving, so maybe one that could have gone either way. Nice to get one for a change.