IGNORED

Streakys back, back again

Meh

Just now, Fordy62 said:

******* rubbish. Anyone denying the fact that another manager would get better out of this set of players is having a laugh. 

I’ve come to this conclusion now Fordy. Generally I think consistency of management is a good thing, and I’ve constantly pointed to broad progress up the league. But that consistency can also become staleness, and that’s what we look to me now; stale.

We have the quality in the squad and the status in the game as a top half team with play off potential; now could be the time to take advantage of that and go and get a manager with the credentials to take us to the next level. I’ve lost faith that Johnson as the man to do it.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’ve come to this conclusion now Fordy. Generally I think consistency of management is a good thing, and I’ve constantly pointed to broad progress up the league. But that consistency can also become staleness, and that’s what we look to me now; stale.

We have the quality in the squad and the status in the game as a top half team with play off potential; now could be the time to take advantage of that and go and get a manager with the credentials to take us to the next level. I’ve lost faith that Johnson as the man to do it.

I never had the faith he was the man to do it.

Proven again he has not moved forward as a Manager. Same inexplicable dips in performance that he does not seem able to control or resolve. Changes week in week out, never knows his best team. How much longer before SL realises and gives a chance to somebody who can move this club forward on the pitch. Because Johnson is no longer the answer.

I know this will deteriorate into a pro-LJ vs anti-LJ spat, but referring here to the streak issue, it really does baffle me that after looking so difficult to beat with an injury ravaged squad, we manage to decline with a fuller squad and start losing regularly.

Just now, mozo said:

I know this will deteriorate into a pro-LJ vs anti-LJ spat, but referring here to the streak issue, it really does baffle me that after looking so difficult to beat with an injury ravaged squad, we manage to decline with a fuller squad and start losing regularly.

Also looking far worse in the process.....saying that we were fortunate with half our results earlier in the season.

Didn’t mind the streaky bits when we played decent football. Have been awful all year and it is catching up to us. We picked up some points early on with Afobe when he completed the team. Then we picked up results almost exclusively on Eliasson’s left foot. Now teams have taken that away and surprise we lose 3 in a row. Think credit needs to go to the squad for being so resilient with an average head coach. This squad is better than what LJ is getting out of it and he has no ideas other than stay tight and hope we get something on a break or set piece with a slow and short team ?

8 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Proven again he has not moved forward as a Manager. Same inexplicable dips in performance that he does not seem able to control or resolve. Changes week in week out, never knows his best team. How much longer before SL realises and gives a chance to somebody who can move this club forward on the pitch. Because Johnson is no longer the answer.

Does not really matter , he will go nowhere until he decides , three losses or ten , no chance , safest job in football 

• Admin

I’m struggling to see how he can turn this around, the quality of football is poor, the entertainment value is shockingly poor and this just shouldn’t be the case after the time and money he has had to build sides.  Yes, we’ve sold players, all clubs sell players and you cannot realistically keep players that have an opportunity to progress their careers faster than the club.  So that is something all others have to deal with, what is most alarming to me is the disjointed lack of quality, the lack of a plan and cohesion, the players look like a group of strangers picked for a game, not a group who have been together  months, if not years and train every day.

I am another who doesn’t think changing the Manager every 5 minutes is a good way forward (although it hasn’t done Chelsea too much harm),  that said, if it was my club and my decision, I’d certainly be mulling over my options.

Another point, while I don’t think LJ is great, even great ones can struggle in one place too long. Look at Pep and Poch this season. Pep struggling to get his team going and he has reacted by chopping and changing to figure it out to an extent. Poch did the same and lost his job. Sometimes clubs need fresh face and fresh ideas.
I have suggested maybe Holden and/or McAlister going to get fresh ideas in the club if LJ is going nowhere. Whatever the decision I think we need an injection of creativity in bot just the squad but the coaching staff(talking head coaches). Two defenders and a safe midfielder aren’t going to have the freshest attacking minds and think it would go a long way to get someone in who can challenge the way they think about football

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Another point, while I don’t think LJ is great, even great ones can struggle in one place too long. Look at Pep and Poch this season. Pep struggling to get his team going and he has reacted by chopping and changing to figure it out to an extent. Poch did the same and lost his job. Sometimes clubs need fresh face and fresh ideas.
I have suggested maybe Holden and/or McAlister going to get fresh ideas in the club if LJ is going nowhere. Whatever the decision I think we need an injection of creativity in bot just the squad but the coaching staff(talking head coaches). Two defenders and a safe midfielder aren’t going to have the freshest attacking minds and think it would go a long way to get someone in who can challenge the way they think about football

Holden and/or McAllister going won't bring fresh ideas to the table. They are only there in the first place because anyone who would challenge or question Johnson got shipped out. So you could expect replacements to be of the same ilk.

22 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Didn’t mind the streaky bits when we played decent football. Have been awful all year and it is catching up to us. We picked up some points early on with Afobe when he completed the team. Then we picked up results almost exclusively on Eliasson’s left foot. Now teams have taken that away and surprise we lose 3 in a row. Think credit needs to go to the squad for being so resilient with an average head coach. This squad is better than what LJ is getting out of it and he has no ideas other than stay tight and hope we get something on a break or set piece with a slow and short team ?

We clearly set up for a point today, I could see it within 5 minutes, showed zero ambition and the risk you take is that the ref is as bored as the rest of us and gives a dodgy penalty just to alleviate the boredom. 

40 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

******* rubbish. Anyone denying the fact that another manager would get better out of this set of players is having a laugh. 

I am not asking for Johnson to be sacked, but this squad is his own and had record investment, any frailties in this team are down to him recruiting them. Would Chris Houghton, Slavisa Jakanovic for example get more out of this team, manage games, recruit better? I think the answer is yes.

1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

I am not asking for Johnson to be sacked, but this squad is his own and had record investment, any frailties in this team are down to him recruiting them. Would Chris Houghton, Slavisa Jakanovic for example get more out of this team, manage games, recruit better? I think the answer is yes.

Well then you SHOULD be asking for Johnson to be sacked.

12 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Holden and/or McAllister going won't bring fresh ideas to the table. They are only there in the first place because anyone who would challenge or question Johnson got shipped out. So you could expect replacements to be of the same ilk.

I don’t think this is false, unfortunately

Archived