IGNORED

Post story - LJ and Palmer conflict means Nketiah could go elsewhere

Major Isewater

This has seriously got to be one of the most embarrassing threads ever on OTIB.

The BPs articles are nothing more than one blokes opinions. 

They are no more important or defining Than a member on here giving an opinion. 

To say... 'All the Palmer Questions Answered' in an article headline is so misleading. All the ' Answers ' are just opinions...just like any of us.

There are no definite answers or defining quotes...just some blokes wild opinions.

He says Swansea are interested, and others. So why not name these others if he definitely knows as fact?

It's all wild speculation and shit stirring.

And then he has the audacity to write this at the end of the article...

''However, saying all that: Lee Johnson is still the man to lead Bristol City and has the backing of the squad. This needs sorting quickly and internally."

**** me...telling the Club to sort it out internally while he's shit stirring and click baiting.

This thread is worse than 'Loose Women'...full of gossip and opinion based on even more gossip. ????

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

To say... 'All the Palmer Questions Answered' in an article headline is so misleading. All the ' Answers ' are just opinions...just like any of us.

There are no definite answers or defining quotes...just some blokes wild opinions.

He says Swansea are interested, and others. So why not name these others if he definitely knows as fact?

''However, saying all that: Lee Johnson is still the man to lead Bristol City and has the backing of the squad. This needs sorting quickly and internally."

**** me...telling the Club to sort it out internally while he's shit stirring and click baiting.

This thread is worse than 'Loose Women'...full of gossip and opinion based on even more gossip. ????

Is it all wild opinions though?

The sources he cites- you think he'd make them up? I doubt it!

Unless we're assuming he made them up or was wildly mistaken of course, I give you, a line from the article...

Well that's very interesting, because the sources I noted that he cited when the article first came out, the line and a key one at that potentially, has changed...?

The information is from a variety of reliable sources.

Before it was quite a bit more definitive than that!! See higher up the thread.

Whereas before, I am certain that it was:

"The information is from a variety of sources- including players, their entourage, senior Bristol City coaching staff, senior Bristol City admin staff and others".

If you type it into google, the 2nd one the article still appears- ie it takes it to the line....but doesn't appear in the article.

Big difference. ?

If only someone had print screened it.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's a big shout when there is so much competition.

In the meantime as you know from recent threads I'm not LJ out and have defended him in other respects but you don't always have to hop aboard the club Iine. GMG would not be posting this stuff on a speculative tip off, it makes no sense. Additionally there has been a longstanding pattern of young players being bombed out of contention by LJ disproportionately to others.

There is plenty KP needs to work on but he has some natural attributes we possess nowhere else and the club - not me - saw fit to spend a lot of money bringing him here. The fact there is anyone - club or player - agitating for an exit within six months is a serious wake up call, acting like there is no issue here because it is paper talk is mad. What happened to developing players? 

4 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Whats with the needle emoji?

He's got the needle - pissed off

If it's implying something else, then thats a pretty bad tweet.......

Think it means that he will inject a bit of creativity or something similarly positive into the team he supports . A visual pun if you will.

14 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Think it means that he will inject a bit of creativity or something similarly positive into the team he supports . A visual pun if you will.

I hope you are right - there are other ways to do it though rather than a line of syringes and a players name - one who has been dropped for 'concerns about off-field behaviour'.

KP is a religious family man - I can't see any reason to have a line of syringes after his name without some agenda - it makes no sense...

Thanks for your explanation though, I can see where you are coming from.

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

agreed - well, I had a thought this morning, when I first read this, I wondered whether he might have been given a tip that it's ok to publish this...that it's not a relationship breaker with at least some in the club...a shot across LJ's bows perhaps?...''we've given you the tools, do the job'?

Now, there’s an angle ???

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

Disagree Spud.

Why is it an embarrassing thread?  It’s one very subjective thread that’s had plenty of mature debate.  People like Badger defending his view sensibly, others challenging it, without resorting to name calling (as far as I can tell).

That makes it a good thread imho.  I’m not sure what you’re expecting when a journo publishes something of this ilk.

As for Gregor:

In his video interview, he hasn’t taken any of his earlier comments back, suggesting he’s pretty comfortable with his source(s), even after a press-conference where the club have poo-Poo’d his suggestions.

If you’ve ever spoken to Gregor or his boss James (not sure if you have???), they aren’t ones for sensationalism.  Thus would not have been put out there on a whim.

Lets see how this plays out over the coming days / weeks.  As I said we may see solidarity tomorrow / siege mentality.  We may see cracks.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unless we're assuming he made them up or was wildly mistaken of course, I give you, a line from the article...

Well that's very interesting, because the sources I noted that he cited when the article first came out, the line and a key one at that potentially, has changed...?

If you type it into google, the 2nd one the article still appears- ie it takes it to the line....but doesn't appear in the article.

Big difference. ?

No different to anyone on here saying the same thing...who knows whether it's true.

We all have ' Sources'...Agents, Managers, ex players, employees, players relatives.

We can all give opinions based on what we've been told.

There's a few players Dad's that are very free in giving opinions about what's going on at the Club. Funnily their opinions all differ depending whether their son is playing or not.

It's all half truths and personal opinions imo...based on hearing stuff and putting two and two together.

This Club is the tightest it's ever been in giving out info. A lot of what the BP writes is just gossip and a lot taken from this actual forum and recycled in its own fashion.

7 minutes ago, Olé said:

In the meantime as you know from recent threads I'm not LJ out and have defended him in other respects but you don't always have to hop aboard the club Iine. GMG would not be posting this stuff on a speculative tip off, it makes no sense. Additionally there has been a longstanding pattern of young players being bombed out of contention by LJ disproportionately to others.

There is plenty KP needs to work on but he has some natural attributes we possess nowhere else and the club - not me - saw fit to spend a lot of money bringing him here. The fact there is anyone - club or player - agitating for an exit within six months is a serious wake up call, acting like there is no issue here because it is paper talk is mad. What happened to developing players? 

Ha, you beat me to it.  Must learn to type with more than one finger!

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

No different to anyone on here saying the same thing...who knows whether it's true.

We all have ' Sources'...Agents, Managers, ex players, employees, players relatives.

We can all give opinions based on what we've been told.

There's a few players Dad's that are very free in giving opinions about what's going on at the Club. Funnily their opinions all differ depending whether their son is playing or not.

It's all half truths and personal opinions imo...based on hearing stuff and putting two and two together.

This Club is the tightest it's ever been in giving out info. A lot of what the BP writes is just gossip and a lot taken from this actual forum and recycled in its own fashion.

I dunno...to list them like that in an article like that is very unusual! Can only assume he was very sure of his story.

Usually when an article- it may refer to "Sources" or "Insiders". To actually name that the sources include Players, Coaching Staff and Senior Admin at the club- to say nothing of entourage and others, suggests two things to me.

Firstly, that there could well be something in it.

Secondly, that the club has potential to risk leaking like a sieve. Rest assured, they will not appreciate this article. IMO of course. The fact he cited so many sources...

The article would not have been written if certain people at the club had blocked it, as they have done in the past. There will be a reason this was allowed to run, and then reinforced with a later article. Previous history is that when GMacG writes something off script, it normally follows a rear end licking article sucking up. This time, quite the opposite. 

In any case, Palmer is a great talent, was never clear where he fitted into the side anyway , but he still needs a lot of improvement when making decisions. But he was here on loan, so we knew what we were getting. It would still be interesting to understand better the transfer committee process as some suggest he was a player signed by MA against LJ wishes. So creating the the concept that LJ has a squad of players that he did not want to sign, and that is why he changes formation multiple times during the season and plays long ball low possession  based football. 

Trouble is, Palmer is not the only one that is upset. Now when that comes out, ohhh OTIB melt down. 

Any Rovers players we want to sign to deflect the heat ? 

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Big difference. ?

The second article is far more interesting than the first one I read earlier today. Thanks 

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

Until I actually read Quotes and not opinions based on something he's not willing to print, then it's just wild opinion.

He screwed up with his Tinnion opinion.

Let's be honest...any player not in the starting 18 or dropped is going to be unhappy. Only needs an Agent to start stirring and rumours etc.

You can easily see how rumours start. 

Carey was stood next to me at a recent game, giving opinion to some friends. Next minute he's moved on and friends are talking like it's fact and not someone's opinion. Then that gets passed on...etc, etc, etc.

Of course Palmer won't be happy...and I wouldn't be happy if I was LJ with his performances. So there's bound to be head butting.

Similar to the COD scenario a while back and all the rumours surrounding that.

The BPs articles are just gossip and shit stirring. He's obviously been 'courted' and made to feel important in writing it imo.

Think he's going to fall flat on his face credibility wise...young pup learning the hard way.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Until I actually read Quotes and not opinions based on something he's not willing to print, then it's just wild opinion.

He screwed up with his Tinnion opinion.

Let's be honest...any player not in the starting 18 or dropped is going to be unhappy. Only needs an Agent to start stirring and rumours etc.

You can easily see how rumours start. 

Carey was stood next to me at a recent game, giving opinion to some friends. Next minute he's moved on and friends are talking like it's fact and not someone's opinion. Then that gets passed on...etc, etc, etc.

Of course Palmer won't be happy...and I wouldn't be happy if I was LJ with his performances. So there's bound to be head butting.

Similar to the COD scenario a while back and all the rumours surrounding that.

The BPs articles are just gossip and shit stirring. He's obviously been 'courted' and made to feel important in writing it imo.

Think he's going to fall flat on his face credibility wise...young pup learning the hard way.

For some reason he makes me cringe, wouldn't trust him to write anything other than to please the BP Editor, and that paper is just the pits.  

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

To be honest that's quite disrespectful (and you're better than it mate) to someone who has been much more genuine than the historic set of EP journalists, and has done this having cultivated a clear trust with the manager and been very much on message when the club are doing well. There isn't a single logical path where he burns that all up to post a story he's been manipulated to post unless a lot of proper people are not behind it. It just doesn't make any sense.

In any case my post made the point that it doesn't matter which side is agitating, the whole thing IS in our interest because it is symptomatic of a cycle of buying players, telling one story about what great signings they are, then burying them when they are not able to produce on their few goes on the tombola. I don't care if this is an agent or disaffected players or even MA, we set out to recruit well and develop players, and we throw them away like cigarette packets.

10 minutes ago, Olé said:

To be honest that's quite disrespectful (and you're better than it mate) to someone who has been much more genuine than the historic set of EP journalists, and has done this having cultivated a clear trust with the manager and been very much on message when the club are doing well. There isn't a single logical path where he burns that all up to post a story he's been manipulated to post unless a lot of proper people are not behind it. It just doesn't make any sense.

In any case my post made the point that it doesn't matter which side is agitating, the whole thing IS in our interest because it is symptomatic of a cycle of buying players, telling one story about what great signings they are, then burying them when they are not able to produce on their few goes on the tombola. I don't care if this is an agent or disaffected players or even MA, we set out to recruit well and develop players, and we throw them away like cigarette packets.

I respect your opinion mate...truly do, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I really do think this article is way too opinionated rather than fact.

As for Palmer...I too would be dissatisfied with his application if I were LJ. He gives him opportunities to shine, yet he delivers infrequently even in some of the basics.

I'm not saying LJ is perfect, far from it. We can all debate his tactics etc.

But imo, he's been thoroughly let down by some individuals. So many individual errors that have nothing to do with set up or tactics. Just pure bad play and decision making.

I can thoroughly understand LJ getting so frustrated when plans are going accordingly, only to be put to the kerb by so many individual poor performances.

It happens nearly every game, regardless of who he plays.

As LJ says...'perhaps it's his fault'.

Take away the speculation from BPs articles regarding Palmer... everyone of us can see he's been underperforming and doesn't deserve a start.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Take away the speculation from BPs articles regarding Palmer... everyone of us can see he's been underperforming and doesn't deserve a start.

Palmer needs to do more, simple fact.

He's more than good enough but he has to prove it - or run away somewhere else, then run away again.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

I respect your opinion mate...truly do, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I really do think this article is way too opinionated rather than fact.

As for Palmer...I too would be dissatisfied with his application if I were LJ. He gives him opportunities to shine, yet he delivers infrequently even in some of the basics.

I'm not saying LJ is perfect, far from it. We can all debate his tactics etc.

But imo, he's been thoroughly let down by some individuals. So many individual errors that have nothing to do with set up or tactics. Just pure bad play and decision making.

I can thoroughly understand LJ getting so frustrated when plans are going accordingly, only to be put to the kerb by so many individual poor performances.

As LJ says...'perhaps it's his fault'.

Nobody is saying he does, but neither does Smith, neither does Brownhill, neither does Kalas, cod shouldn't have been in the squad for a year he's been that crap, why is Palmer the one who had to be publicly called out? Why does Moore have to be publicly hauled over the coals? Yet Brownhill can be garbage and no words are said? Kalas can defend like a pub team defender and nothing is said? 

It's the singling out of certain players that is the problem an KP seems to be the latest one. 

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

So just to confirm - and I've spoken myself home and away about a ridiculous amount of mistakes for weeks - the fact literally every player is making mistakes is something LJ has nothing to do with and should be frustrated by!?? One of two maybe, for a month and from every player, can we not at least ask some questions about coaching and morale?

You've said "it happens nearly every game, regardless of who he plays" and this is in a thread where you're justifying that there is nothing but innuendo around Kasey Palmer being bombed out. Surely these two things can't both be true? He's a £3.5m player who doesn't get in a match day squad yet where not just him but everyone is making lots of mistakes.

I don't expect LJ to come out and explain this by saying I'm making an expensive player stew until I can trust him, I expect him to find ways to coach and use the most expensive and talented players around him even if their first go doesn't work out. It took Moore 3 years to sort of make it and he was 18. I don't expect us to give up on older more expensive players.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

So just to confirm - and I've spoken myself home and away about a ridiculous amount of mistakes for weeks - the fact literally every player is making mistakes is something LJ has nothing to do with and should be frustrated by!?? One of two maybe, for a month and from every player, can we not at least ask some questions about coaching and morale?

You've said "it happens nearly every game, regardless of who he plays" and this is in a thread where you're justifying that there is nothing but innuendo around Kasey Palmer being bombed out. Surely these two things can't both be true? He's a £3.5m player who doesn't get in a match day squad yet where not just him but everyone is making lots of mistakes.

I don't expect LJ to come out and explain this by saying I'm making an expensive player stew until I can trust him, I expect him to find ways to coach and use the most expensive and talented players around him even if their first go doesn't work out. It took Moore 3 years to sort of make it and he was 18. I don't expect us to give up on older more expensive players.

It seems a bit impetuous outside looking in, and as we appear to be highly conscious of FFP  it doesn't make a lot of sense.

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

This is make or break for LJ IMO. 
He bombed out Tomlin and got a tune out of his “trusted team” to finish off the season where we stayed up with some good form. 
My concern is he, like his Dad, CANT keep doing this. 
He stated “KP needs a full pre season with me”

he’s also stated “I have the final say on transfers” 

so something simple doesn’t add up here. 

Interesting too that our worst run of form and arguably worst performances of the season have coincided with him being dropped from the squad completely.

We’ve lost only 3 games when KP has started. 2 of those were Leeds and WBA, and all that with him completely under-performing and costing us points......apparently.

He hasn’t been at his best - no doubt. But he’s nowhere near as bad as some seem to want to make out and he’s been no worse than anyone else. 

It’s like the myth that Eliasson can’t defend and costs us goals. More shite.

6 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Interesting too that our worst run of form and arguably worst performances of the season have coincided with him being dropped from the squad completely.

We’ve lost only 3 games when KP has started. 2 of those were Leeds and WBA, and all that with him completely under-performing and costing us points......apparently.

He hasn’t been at his best - no doubt. But he’s nowhere near as bad as some seem to want to make out and he’s been no worse than anyone else. 

WBA he was dragged after 45 mins as well, and Leeds- well we’re a new team since that game with the changes made in personnel. 

He was instrumental vs Birmingham, Boro, Charlton, and many other games where he featured. 

you build a team around him, you don’t punish him to make room for COD etc IMO. 

his last appearance vs Sheff Wed away he came on, and was played Left of a 3 with COD central. 

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

I agree with your sentiments mate...but Palmer hasn't established himself at any club he's been at.

He is a fantastic footballer. However because of the type of player he is, he has to also do the basics just as well.

I personally think he's rather immature. As LJ commented... he's always had Chelsea to run home too. Imo... he's the type of player that does well when things are going well, but not someone you can rely on to dig in when things need turning round.

I was really unimpressed with his professional commitment and application in warm up against Brentford.

Being easily distracted by kids asking for autographs and not listening or giving respect with attention to the coach with him. By contrast...Rowe was attentive, listening, respectful, engaging and working hard...even having to cajole Palmer to get up to speed.

I watched closely from a short distance, right in front of me. Those actions spoke a thousand words.

Again by contrast...Moore was the fifth man of a defence warming up...he could have looked forlorne...but no...total professional listening and reacting and getting totally involved.

Actions speak louder than words.

Palmer...class player, but needs his bum wiped imo.

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

It seems a bit impetuous outside looking in, and as we appear to be highly conscious of FFP  it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I am a big Kasey Palmer fan, I think he should be in the team with Massengo and Nagy every week - our three best players imho.

He's easily, very easily, up to this level if he works hard at his game - like any top player, head down, work hard, and make it hard for the manager to leave out.

But if he doesn't want to do that or be here for whatever reason, then get what you can for him and let him go - especially if there are people around him who run to the press as soon as the going gets a bit tough.

10 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Massive speculation time :

City didn't expect to get Pato handed back to them.

LJ told he must make room for him from amongst the higher earners as the money isn't endless.

Previous likely transfer targets for clubs loses form so interest dries up.

LJ looks at those in his squad he thinks he can live without a certain player who cost/costs a bit = KP.

KP is settled so is made to feel unsettled.

Wouldn't be the first time i'm sure and as I say just an idea why this MIGHT be happening.

Archived