SL on talksport NOW

phantom

• Admin
13 minutes ago, eric04 said:

What did he say?

I will try and find a link to the recording

Spoke about the various clubs under the Bristol Sport umbrella taking pay cuts

The furloughing of other staff and how matchday staff are being looked after

Mentioned the club are gearing up for this season being completed behind closed doors

As always he came across very well and as always a credit to our club

About to listen now.

I've been a bit of a sceptic in terms of the club, in terms of the deferral or similar- unevenly spread burden for a little while.

Still 30%, that's not a small hit- puts some big PL clubs to shame, well done- I've been sceptical and critical therefore it's only fair I praise now- well done to all!

Cheers for the links @phantom - I think we are very fortunate to have a guy like Mr Lansdown at the helm. He came across so well in that interview and he has ensured the future for our club is in very good hands. The sags may mock him and tell us that it will come crashing down when he ‘loses interest’ - but he ain’t gonna lose interest and when he passes it all on to Jon we will still be in good hands. 

Despite their petty insults, the sags would give ANYTHING to have a bloke like Mr Lansdown as the owner of their club - we’ve never felt the need to carry him down North Street on our shoulders, yet those of a blue persuasion couldn’t wait to get Wael on their shoulders and carry him down Gloucester Road chanting “Bristol City, we’re coming for you...” after he managed to somehow give them the impression that they were suddenly the 6th richest club in England overnight - an utter embarrassment all round - thank God we’ve got a fantastic owner who just oozes class...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers for the links @phantom - I think we are very fortunate to have a guy like Mr Lansdown at the helm. He came across so well in that interview and he has ensured the future for our club is in very good hands. The sags may mock him and tell us that it will come crashing down when he ‘loses interest’ - but he ain’t gonna lose interest and when he passes it all on to Jon we will still be in good hands. 

Despite their petty insults, the sags would give ANYTHING to have a bloke like Mr Lansdown as the owner of their club - we’ve never felt the need to carry him down North Street on our shoulders, yet those of a blue persuasion couldn’t wait to get Wael on their shoulders and carry him down Gloucester Road chanting “Bristol City, we’re coming for you...” after he managed to somehow give them the impression that they were suddenly the 6th richest club in England overnight - an utter embarrassment all round - thank God we’ve got a fantastic owner who just oozes class...

They really thought they had struck gold when he rocked up and I still ram it down the throats of gas heads I know About the way they carried him down Gloucester Road like he was the new messiah 

SL came across really well - based on his comments, sounds like the players have done us proud too ?

On the basis that it’s a deferral, they will get their money once things return to normal - perhaps Lansdown has added an incentive to get into the Play Offs re the return on their 30%! ?

In all seriousness, well played BCFC and it’s players 

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

SL came across really well - based on his comments, sounds like the players have done us proud too ?

On the basis that it’s a deferral, they will get their money once things return to normal - perhaps Lansdown has added an incentive to get into the Play Offs re the return on their 30%! ?

In all seriousness, well played BCFC and it’s players 

I've seen/heard more far fetched suggestions grow legs and become "fact" (HNM and Chelsea for example).

Would be a hell of an incentive to get there, and one presumes it wouldn't fall foul of FFP/regs, because technically it's their contracted and "entitled" wages anyway.....

Good press as well - players accept the reduction, but still get what they are due so long as they get to the playoffs...

Archived