IGNORED

Southampton 3-2 Bristol City

Davefevs

4 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Yeah his kicking is usually good bar a couple of times last season. Main problem is rushing out, not pushing shots away from the danger area and maybe handling crosses. Remember a few times he dropped the ball in games but some think it's resulted in any goals 

Don’t worry we have top goalkeeping coaches. 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Yep, short memories from some.

And, as good as Maenpaa is, he can't be relied on to stay fit. If he could then Bentley wouldn't be here.

Maenpaa is also 35, what’s the point of making him number one now? Number one for a season and then retires for us to then go back to Bentley who hasn’t played in a while, or sign another keeper 

Just now, petehinton said:

Maenpaa is also 35, what’s the point of making him number one now? Number one for a season and then retires for us to then go back to Bentley who hasn’t played in a while, or sign another keeper 

Unless you sell Bentley and groom O’Leary.

37 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I can see O’Leary being sold before Bentley IMO, rightly or wrongly I just can’t see LJ making number one ?

Big summer for Max.  Assuming Bentley returns to form I could see bids for him.

I think this summer / pre-season 20/21 is gonna be the weirdest ever.   It just covid, but Brexit positioning too.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Totes agree but we also need the safest pair of hands in net for the next 9 games.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Big summer for Max.  Assuming Bentley returns to form I could see bids for him.

I think this summer / pre-season 20/21 is gonna be the weirdest ever.   It just covid, but Brexit positioning too.

Brexit? could you explain to me what that's got to do with anything As far as we're concerned.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Brexit? could you explain to me what that's got to do with anything.

Players will need work permits if they are outside the UK.  Expect players under contract will be fine until they need to renew / extend.  Any signing from outside of UK will need to follow work permit rules that non-EU players currently have to follow.

Assumes “no deal”, so from Jan 2021, although think of those US MLS players we can get via the deal with Trump!!! ?

Has anyone heard any football mentioned in a “deal”, because I haven’t!

Here’s a good article:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/how-brexit-will-affect-premier-league-football/cwp6p3hhmuxx119cm1syhwyi2

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Players will need work permits if they are outside the UK.  Expect players under contract will be fine until they need to renew / extend.  Any signing from outside of UK will need to follow work permit rules that non-EU players currently have to follow.

Assumes “no deal”, so from Jan 2021, although think of those US MLS players we can get via the deal with Trump!!! ?

Has anyone heard any football mentioned in a “deal”, because I haven’t!

Here’s a good article:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/how-brexit-will-affect-premier-league-football/cwp6p3hhmuxx119cm1syhwyi2

There do seem to be ramifications but I would expect there to be a solution found with reciprocal arrangements, skilled people will be allowed to move between countries and I would expect elite sportsmen will be included in that, would be surprised if it was made more difficult for the movement of such players but yes we will have to wait and see, hopefully it will not be a problem and a solution can be found I'm fairly optimistic it will be. 

36 minutes ago, pillred said:

There do seem to be ramifications but I would expect there to be a solution found with reciprocal arrangements, skilled people will be allowed to move between countries and I would expect elite sportsmen will be included in that, would be surprised if it was made more difficult for the movement of such players but yes we will have to wait and see, hopefully it will not be a problem and a solution can be found I'm fairly optimistic it will be. 

If you recall an interview / PR piece with Steven Barclay, he was saying that the advantage of Brexit was PL clubs being able to get Brazilians and Argentinians rather than Europeans....but it was bollox / spin, had no truth whatsoever....South American work permit rules weren’t changing,

Of course top players will meet the WP requirements, but as the article expresses, many current players don’t.  There’s a pretty common sense argument that says would someone like Nagy wouldn’t get one post-Brexit, with Hungary’s coefficient etc.  Same with Massengo but in terms of international appearances or lack of.

But we will have to wait and see.

https://latitudelaw.com/news/the-fas-policy-on-non-eu-football-players-and-possible-implications-following-brexit/

A better doc!

On 13/06/2020 at 15:40, Red Army 75 said:

On 13/06/2020 at 16:04, !james said:

So weird watching this! 

Apart from the weird novelty factor of the masks and the lack of a team coach, that has to be one of the most boring videos they have ever produced.

On 14/06/2020 at 01:27, pillred said:

An ‘ elite ‘ sportsman would normally represent his country at senior level . If he is just a ‘ good ‘ sportsman he may no longer be available for British clubs to sign . 

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

An ‘ elite ‘ sportsman would normally represent his country at senior level . If he is just a ‘ good ‘ sportsman he may no longer be available for British clubs to sign . 

The only good thing about that I suppose is non of our rivals would be able to sign players like that either, don't be surprised though if there were ways round it there nearly always seems to be.

Archived