IGNORED

Southampton 3-2 Bristol City

Davefevs

Doesn't sound too great.

Straight out of the starting blocks, it look just 35 seconds before the deadlock was broken at St Mary's, with Michael Obafemi wasting no time in burning through the gears to close down Bristol City keeper Daniel Bentley.

He was narrowly beaten to the ball, but his presence was enough to blindside City's stopper, who had left his goal gaping for Stuart Armstrong to calmly side-foot the ricochet into an empty net.

3-2 after 135 minutes of football against a prem side isn't bad preparation all things considered

I wonder how many clubs are doing 3x45 as opposed to just 90, more minutes in our players legs than our opponents perhaps....

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

A little unfortunate with the first going straight to a Southampton player.

Second was a decent finish, right into the corner or the net, but perhaps could have done better.

Third was a dreadful pass by Bentley.

Bentley carrying on his form 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We are in the Maenpaa club aren’t we?

No need to slide out on first goal.

Oh it’s good to be back, picking fault in things ?

I think Bentley had a decision to make on the first one.

The forward seemed to have the pace vs Peirerra(?), so it was face a 1 on 1, or go early and try to clear the ball first.

Obviously by coming out we ended up conceding, but can understand why he made the decision he did.

27 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think Bentley had a decision to make on the first one.

The forward seemed to have the pace vs Peirerra(?), so it was face a 1 on 1, or go early and try to clear the ball first.

Obviously by coming out we ended up conceding, but can understand why he made the decision he did.

I’m not blaming his decision to come, I’m criticising the need to slide-kick it away, resulting in a miscue.   I need for anything other than a standard kick.

Archived